Subject: Door Number One questions (may have spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JC
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I saw that there’s an earlier thread about this but that doesn’t answer my questions:

1) Can enemies open doors?

2) Do heroes have to stop their movement to open a door leading to an explored room (which may be empty)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 enemies generally can’t go into unexplored areas so they’ll never open a door.

2 well once a door is open it’s open. So they need to stop to explore but if the neighboring room is explored they walk right through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
Pomboo. Si samaki, si mnyama. Si mzee, si kijana.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no open or closed doors, really: or rather, once a room has been Explored (with the Explore free action), you only need the door for line of sight (for Shoot), I think. Otherwise the door is never closed again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treiral Tasarte
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly. Rooms are explored or unexplored. But doors are never open or closed because doors are just there to show the entrances to the next room, kinda like doors in HeroQuest are placed through the walls on the board to know where you can go through, but you can never close them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O'Hanraha-Hanrahan
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've hit a scenario where the confrontation baddie is in an unexplored room. Does the previous answer mean that he can get out of this room on his move?

Edit: I can answer my own question here, thanks to the FAQ.

as soon as a room doesn’t have a face-down Encounter card it counts as “explored”, so its doors can be
seen and moved through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.