2 Posts

Hellboy: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: *Case Spoiler Warning* Downward Spiral case #165481 questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Treiral Tasarte
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way the Confrontation triggers for this scenario (not the Impending Doom or KO one) is "whenever all rooms are explored or there is a total of 6 insight markers on the agents' boards, flip this card".
Unlike other cases, the trigger doesn't say to immediately go to the End phase.
So am I assuming correctly that the Confrontration is set up and Explosive Arrival is played but the Agent Phase continue as normal?

Regarding Explosive Arrival, It says "Place the boss in the area containing the most agents" and then "all other characters in the area are hurled". Usually, I'd think that it means other than the agents, because it was the last thing mentioned, but the damage says "each character that is hurled suffers 5 damage, minus [...] the score of a defend test (for agents)".
So, when it says "all other characters", does it mean other than the boss itself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Godfrey
France
Lissac
flag msg tools
badge
Never fear, Doc Savage is here!!
mbmbmbmbmb
treiral wrote:
The way the Confrontation triggers for this scenario (not the Impending Doom or KO one) is "whenever all rooms are explored or there is a total of 6 insight markers on the agents' boards, flip this card".
Unlike other cases, the trigger doesn't say to immediately go to the End phase.
So am I assuming correctly that the Confrontration is set up and Explosive Arrival is played but the Agent Phase continue as normal?

Regarding Explosive Arrival, It says "Place the boss in the area containing the most agents" and then "all other characters in the area are hurled". Usually, I'd think that it means other than the agents, because it was the last thing mentioned, but the damage says "each character that is hurled suffers 5 damage, minus [...] the score of a defend test (for agents)".
So, when it says "all other characters", does it mean other than the boss itself?

Yes, you continue from that point onwards. So if agents have actions left they may use them.
And yes, every other character, agents and enemies are both characters, but not the Boss that is arriving. If there's another Boss in the area, which happened to me, they also get hurled if they're not immune to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.