5 Posts

Hellboy: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lobster Johnson Knocked Out rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Unless I missed something, I believe the team still has to take time in the Rest Phase if Lobster Johnson is knocked out. LJ wakes up and rolls dice to heal like other agents.

I feel like LJ the team should move on and not be required to to take time.
It even makes more sense thematically. If they take time, he should automatically respawn in an empty room. If they don't take time, then you try in the End Phase. If I was playing that character, I'd rather take my chances in the End Phase and heal all my damage than have the team rest and have to roll to heal.

Maybe the reason to force the agents to take time is so you don't avoid moving the Doom Tracker when LJ is knocked out.

What do you guys think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aculeus wrote:
If I was playing that character, I'd rather take my chances in the End Phase and heal all my damage than have the team rest and have to roll to heal.

I haven't played him yet. Is this heal "all damage" some unique ability for lobster?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
"The only thing you are going to see, is the burning hand of overdue justice." - Lobster Johnson
badge
“There are only three forms of high art: the symphony, the illustrated children's book and the board game.” - Saga
mbmbmbmbmb
Aculeus wrote:
Unless I missed something, I believe the team still has to take time in the Rest Phase if Lobster Johnson is knocked out. LJ wakes up and rolls dice to heal like other agents.

This is how the rules sound to me. I think his ability only shines during the confrontation. Yo have the last Last-Ditch Recovery and Lobsters ability to bring him back.
His ability would be better, if it would trigger at the start of the Agent Phase and not in the End Phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
typo360 wrote:

I haven't played him yet. Is this heal "all damage" some unique ability for lobster?

I don't have it right in front of me, but I think you get to roll an orange die in the End Phase. If you get a 2, you can respawn in any empty room fully healed. He's only got 4 health slots and yellow defense. It seems weird that the team would rest and wait for a knocked out ghost to wake up and heal himself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a pretty powerful skill. It makes sense that it would need some limitations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.