Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
2088 Posts
[1]  Prev «  80 , 81 , 82 , 83 , 84  | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Texas Werewolf XIV rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Positivity is fucking rad
badge
So is Pokemon
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
BerenCamlost wrote:
Thanks mods.

GG Good! Really good stuff.

I do agree with stone that had there been an hour long night, stone probably switches the N1 NK to ortho and it becomes a different game albeit still a game where good played fantastic.

who would have been the n1 view from cvb?

Hilariously, Ortho and cvb had the exact same view choices on N1 and N2 of Rina and Farren =P
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't put 5 evils in 15p because basically every roleset with 5 evils in 15p is bad.
The correct strat is basically always to all claim really early and no one likes doing that.
In a set like this with a large number of unaligned roles there's probably nothing at all you can do to the set to make it not very pro-evil short of changing the roleset completely to make a bunch of the roles good-only.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stone
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Ant Man Joke
badge
2nd Ant Man Joke
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanderscamp wrote:
Don't put 5 evils in 15p because basically every roleset with 5 evils in 15p is bad.
The correct strat is basically always to all claim really early and no one likes doing that.
In a set like this with a large number of unaligned roles there's probably nothing at all you can do to the set to make it not very pro-evil short of changing the roleset completely to make a bunch of the roles good-only.

You think 11-4 where evil needs 4 mislynches or 3 and a misbrutal is fair?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
stonecutter129 wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:
Don't put 5 evils in 15p because basically every roleset with 5 evils in 15p is bad.
The correct strat is basically always to all claim really early and no one likes doing that.
In a set like this with a large number of unaligned roles there's probably nothing at all you can do to the set to make it not very pro-evil short of changing the roleset completely to make a bunch of the roles good-only.

You think 11-4 where evil needs 4 mislynches or 3 and a misbrutal is fair?

It obviously depends on what the roles are but evil winning with four mislynches and good winning with 3-4 evil lynches sounds a lot better to me than a game where goods can lose after 4 correct lynches and 3 mislynches.
If you love all claiming on D1 or D2 then 5 evils in 15 is probably the perfect ratio for that, but I don't think that's a common mindset.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RoyalApe wrote:
stonecutter129 wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
are we talking Role Seer views or still Wolf Seer views?

Does the seer view for both cards?

under the apprentice mechanic that we are talking about - both cards with both alive, 1 card with one alive.

You could just make them both seers and have both view a single card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheFallen wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
stonecutter129 wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
are we talking Role Seer views or still Wolf Seer views?

Does the seer view for both cards?

under the apprentice mechanic that we are talking about - both cards with both alive, 1 card with one alive.

You could just make them both seers and have both view a single card.

I think that's more pro-good on average though. Maybe not. It certainly makes finding 2 wolves in a single night a possibility though and that just feels OP.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2 most common/basic 13 player sets are:
3 wolves vs Seer and 8 Villagers
2 wolves, 1 cultist, 1 sorc vs 1 Seer, 1 Aux Seer, 1 Martyr, 6 Villagers.

Both are pretty balanced though I do think it's tough on evil in both.

3 wolves and 1 sorc is certainly a reasonable step up in strength for evil from 13p standard to 15p. It's the make-up of good with the super seer that swings it to good. Seer potentially getting the Knight card or a Mason card is also a thing that adds to their strength.

Adding an a second aux wouldn't change the goal for good - kill 3 wolves. It just helps against some of the randomness of the roles that should help good more than evil.

I do agree that lynching "evil" 4 times and losing is rough - but auxes are mislynches and evil may accidentally kill them too - which happened here.

If we're really concerned about evil being too strong with 3 wolves/2 auxes - make it 2 wolves, 1 cub, 2 auxes. But I think in many ways, that's harder on both teams.

I'd be willing to do 3 wolves, 1 cub vs 11 goods too though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farren Bronaugh
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
I *am* smiling.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Sorcerer's going to stick around, maybe buff the Sorcerer?
- Full-role Sorcerer instead of Seer/Not-Seer.
- Tell the Sorcerer what cards the wolves have.

Or make some of the other cards more pro-Wolf?

- Black Hat blocks views as well as reveals, OR
- With the new Seer mechanic: White Hat and/or Black Hat cards have viewing priority in one-Seer situations rather than being picked randomly.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farren Bronaugh
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
I *am* smiling.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
are we talking Role Seer views or still Wolf Seer views?

Open to debate, although if the purpose is to buff Evil, I'd say wolf Seer.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stone
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Ant Man Joke
badge
2nd Ant Man Joke
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanderscamp wrote:
stonecutter129 wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:
Don't put 5 evils in 15p because basically every roleset with 5 evils in 15p is bad.
The correct strat is basically always to all claim really early and no one likes doing that.
In a set like this with a large number of unaligned roles there's probably nothing at all you can do to the set to make it not very pro-evil short of changing the roleset completely to make a bunch of the roles good-only.

You think 11-4 where evil needs 4 mislynches or 3 and a misbrutal is fair?

It obviously depends on what the roles are but evil winning with four mislynches and good winning with 3-4 evil lynches sounds a lot better to me than a game where goods can lose after 4 correct lynches and 3 mislynches.
If you love all claiming on D1 or D2 then 5 evils in 15 is probably the perfect ratio for that, but I don't think that's a common mindset.

I think good wins the 10-5 games more than evil wins the 11-4.

The other scenario is 4 wolves honestly
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay. Good game, guys.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
TheFallen wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
stonecutter129 wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
are we talking Role Seer views or still Wolf Seer views?

Does the seer view for both cards?

under the apprentice mechanic that we are talking about - both cards with both alive, 1 card with one alive.

You could just make them both seers and have both view a single card.

I think that's more pro-good on average though. Maybe not. It certainly makes finding 2 wolves in a single night a possibility though and that just feels OP.

Unless you switch the card system to A/B and put all the Wolves into the A group. Then you effectively have two Rolecops, only one of which can identify a Wolf.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
The_Rorab wrote:
So, talking about the set, let's talk set balance.

What are people's thoughts on it? Obviously I converted an aux to a 3rd wolf - and obviously it's gonna be so unaccountably swingy based on roles, but what are people's thoughts in general?

Personally, I can't say I'm a huge fan of the Apprentice Seer role. I thought cvb played it BRILLIANTLY, but as a role, I'm not a huge fan.

Thanks Rorab!

I agree, it did seem to give good more of an edge than typical. Four views seems like a lot for 15 players.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  80 , 81 , 82 , 83 , 84  |