Ben Kirman
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone, thought I'd post a little thread to ask a question about the etiquette on the BGG wiki

Basically I made a free java tool for cell phones that uses the BGG API. I put out info about it on a thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1766689

The thread has dropped off the front page now, and I don't think that it reached most of the people who would find my tool useful. (It's free and open source so I have no shilling motives here)

So I was wondering about placing it somewhere in the BGG wiki so it has a more permanent home and people will be more likely to find it. I know wiki communities can be really touchy about what is and isn't useful content so I figured I'd ask here since the most prolific editors probably check this forum once in a while.

What do you think? Is the wiki the right place for a site related tool? Where would it fit? Or is it better as a file under Miscellaneous Game Accessory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teh Slipperboy
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Have you joined the 2017 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
I see no one else has replied. I'm not anyone important, but it seems like putting that info in the Wiki is at least as good a place as any other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.