Popular Tags: [View All]
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe I understand the rules completely (after screwing it up the first couple games). But I believe I found a situation not handled by the rules.

Suppose: 3 players, A, B, C (in that order).
Player A has run out of knights, and thus the game will end at the end of this turn after playe C goes. Player C has 2 knights. Player B plays such as to change ownership of a duchy from player A to player C. There are two castles in the duchy. Thus player C needs to add 2 castles.

You see the problem. Player C actually doesn't even WANT to put a knight on both of the castles, because then they don't have a knight left for their final move!

So the questions in general are:
1) Is it required to place knights on castles when you gain control of them?
2) If the answer to 1 is yes, do you get "extra" knights to cover the castles you acquire, should you not have enough of your own?
3) If the answer to 1 is no, does player C still get the point for controlling the castle?
etc.

Thanks,

Curt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Aleknevicus
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Re:Question regarding duchy ownership change
curtc (#40018),

The rules I have state:

"The game ends when at the end of a turn any one player has no more knights available. If the player who used all his knights obtains possession of further castle landmarks on the final turn, the player uses additional knight tiles to mark his possessions."

Note that "turn" is defined as a single players turn (and not a "round" in which every player gets a turn) so in your example the game would end without B & C even getting a final turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.