Hide
5 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Man-Thing Burn the Fearful rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt O
msg tools
Man-Thing’s card Burn the Fearful states “choose a villain or mastermind. If there are no other villains adjunct to it, it gets -1 this turn.” I assume the only spot considered adjacent to the mastermind is the bridge, but I just wanted to confirm. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't know if there has been an official answer on this question, although I have tried to find one. I believe the Mastermind is never considered to be adjacent to the city spaces including the bridge. I believe they may have worded it that way for Masterminds that enter the city or fortify the city such as Hyperion and Authoritarian Iron Man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asked the same question over here. I don't own Civil War or any of the sets which put the mastermind into the city so I wasn't sure what the Man-Thing card was referring to either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt O
msg tools
Ah. So mentioning the mastermind is really just for Hyperion type things. Got it. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Essentially the Mastermind would always get -1 Attack as long as it wasn't in the City due to whatever reason and had Villains next to it.

I had always assumed these cards referenced Villains in the Bridge as being adjacent to the Mastermind as well. But I guess, in theory, you could really just place the Mastermind wherever. Like if you had Ascending Masterminds, would they be adjacent to the Bridge? There's only one Mastermind slot right there, so if you put them on say your table, what are they adjacent to?

I think it's just coincidence (and good design sense) that the Mastermind slot is near the Bridge.

Somebody pointed this out to me after I interpreted "The Captain and the Devil's" "Dino-Roar of Triumph" wrong.

Quote:
Burn the Fearful (5 copies)
Instinct
2 Attack
Choose a Villain or Mastermind. If there are no other Villains adjacent to it, it gets -1 Attack this turn.
Cost: 4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.