Subject: Mad Science IV rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
MAD SCIENCE IV

This is an 12 player game that is designed to run quickly. Dusk runs at 2:00PM and dawn is at 2:30PM. This rule set is suitable for both new and experienced players. This game will not run on Saturday or Sunday. There will be an all player check-in where you issue any night 0 orders and confirm that you're present before before the game officially starts, and every player must check in, no exceptions.

ROLES
All players win with their team, whether or not they remain alive at the end of the game. If everyone dies then the moderator wins and both teams lose.

TEAM EVIL (3/12)
Team evil wins as soon as they reach parity. Parity happens when there are as many or more wolves left alive as there are non-wolves. This team will also win if all players except the Mad Scientist are killed.

Mad Scientist
The mad scientist secretly picks three players on night 0. (The mad scientist cannot pick him or herself.) Two of those three players become werewolves. The mad scientist then spends the rest of the game attempting to help the werewolves win. The Mad Scientist is tough to one kill.

Werewolf (x2)
The wolves share a private chat. They select one player in secret to be killed every night.
All werewolves have the ability to brutal (kill) a player on death.

TEAM GOOD (9/12)
Team good wins as soon as the entire evil team is killed so long as a good player is left alive.

Voodoo Priest
The Voodoo Priest starts the game with a brutal ability. They also have the option to select another player as a night action to attempt to give them a brutal ability, however handing out the brutal will fail if the Voodoo Priest selects a player with an ineligible role. The ineligible roles are the Mad Scientist, Hunter, and Revenant. After using their ability the Voodoo Priest will be informed of whether they hit an eligible or ineligible role. Ineligible targets will not be informed that they were targeted. The Voodoo Priest cannot give more brutals to themselves and cannot repeat picks. If a wolf is selected for a brutal they will get a second one.

Revenant
This character is tough to one kill, which means that the first kill on this character (lynch, brutal, or night kill) will have no effect.
The second time this character is killed they will die like normal.

Hunter
The hunter gets to brutal (kill) a player on their death.
The hunter also defies parity, which means that if the game ever comes down to just the hunter and any one member of team evil then good wins.

Villagers (x6)
Villagers must rely on their keen intellect to try to win. Three villagers will have an unaware Tie Breaker trait:
If there is ever a tie for lynch leader and the Tie Breaker is voting for one of the leading candidates then the player that the Tie Breaker is voting for will be the one lynched, regardless of LHLV.

It's unclear who or what the scientist is mad at.
What is clear is that whoever the scientist is, they are completely disregarding the scientific method by attempting to influence the outcome of their own experiment!

GAME RULES
Please only sign up if you will be able to participate.
The mad scientist will be assigned on n0. All other players will be assigned temporary roles until everyone has checked in.
Any ties for lynch lead in this game are first resolved by any tie breakers that are voting for one of the leading candidates. If that doesn't resolve the tie then it is resolved by LHLV.
The Tie Breaker trait will be revealed when/if a Villager who has it dies.
When a player dies there will always be full role and alignment reveal.
No talking times are kept to a minimum in this set. The only no talking times are between the lynch time and the time lynch deaths are posted. (And, of course, no posting when you're dead.)
If you want to ask the mod a question in thread, please post it in red (you can use r{}r to make your text red). I respond in gold.
No communication with other players about the game outside of the game until it is over.
No encryption. No codes that require a pre-arranged shared secret or an application to decode.
Any players who have not participated in the last 12 hours, or posted with an explanation of why they will be gone, at the "2 hours before lynch" mark of any lynch day may be put up for replacement.
A general primer on how to play werewolf can be found here.
You can sign up for this game using the link in the post directly following this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
Aumerle
Behind_the_Walls
BerenCamlost
BRANDOXM
cvb2009
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS
Flagaster
jerimiah
MajaiofDreams
PaperF
Rhanddom
Tailorbird

12 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/2214960

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I DARE YOU ALL TO BRUTAL ME!

I DARE YOU!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am seeing Judas Voodoo Priest live in concert on June 21!

Brutalin' after midnight, giftin' to the dawn
Lynchin' 'til the dusk comes, til' the Wolves are gone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flagaster Montefiore
msg tools
Hi. Haven't played werewolf in a very long time. Hope this game will be fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Flagaster wrote:
Hi. Haven't played werewolf in a very long time. Hope this game will be fun.
Absolutely. When werewolves start killing villagers it's always a bucket of chuckles.

Just so you know: Given the current sign up rate I expect this game to start in about 4 weeks. So smash that subscribe button (to borrow a cliche for youtube) and maybe turn your messaging options to send you an email if you get a geekmail.

(you can do that by clicking on the mailbox button in the top left and checking the check box in "settings".)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fischer
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be gone, possibly out of the reach of the Internets July 27 - Aug 4th. If that's the lucky starting week, then I'd have to drop out - I can drop now if that's preferred.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Walls
United States
California
flag msg tools
What goes on around you... compares little with what goes on inside you.
badge
The wolves feed on the sheep without mercy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Again the worst part of this is no ABLAZE!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
backpacker wrote:
I'll be gone, possibly out of the reach of the Internets July 27 - Aug 4th. If that's the lucky starting week, then I'd have to drop out - I can drop now if that's preferred.
Ok, I'm going to be out the week after next myself, so I think I can put a date on this run now: Assuming this set is full it will start on July 22nd.

Edit: Unless we can somehow fill up tomorrow. That could work too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maurice, I want them to sign up. Make them sign up for me. Faster, you naughty little monkey!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bird
Finland
flag msg tools
Say hi to the newbie! And then let's boogie

(Edited shitty default message)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tailorbird wrote:
Say hi to the newbie! And then let's boogie

(Edited shitty default message)

Hi Tailorbird! Welcome! I like your style, let's party!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello & Welcome to BRANDOXM & Flagaster also! I am excited to see new people on the roster!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is a simple bite on the butt among friends?

*Shakes tail at Foosa*

Come on, give me a nibble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All we have to do is wait until 12 people sign up ...

*5 second pause*

How long is this going to take!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By the power vested in me, by the law of the jungle, blah, blah, blah, blah... Sign up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeri Miah
United States
Cincinnati area
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jerimiah wrote:
I'll play!

Hi Jeri! Good to see you again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Looks like we're full! I'm actually sitting in jury selection right now, so we might be able to start n0 later today.. Or there might be a delay.

I hope that works for everyone, if you have something coming up and can't afford the delay then feel free to drop. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatAblaze wrote:
Looks like we're full! I'm actually sitting in jury selection right now, so we might be able to start n0 later today.. Or there might be a delay.

I hope that works for everyone, if you have something coming up and can't afford the delay then feel free to drop. blush

Tell the court you are currently not eligible to serve on jury duty at this time on account of a serious bout of Lycanthropy coinciding with the trial dates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Werewolves of LA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Your Honor, a Werewolf ate my court summons
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Honestly, I had forgotten about this until they sent me a reminder email yesterday, but I hold to Greek philosophy in this regard. Actually, playing werewolf and being on a jury are very similar...

Anyway, I fully expect to be dismissed once they ask me a personal question. I'll update everyone at 5pm today, for now it's just a waiting game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [47] |