BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Mad Science IV rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B Walls
United States
California
flag msg tools
What goes on around you... compares little with what goes on inside you.
badge
The wolves feed on the sheep without mercy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Behind_the_Walls wrote:
but on the surface a all claim will stop a miss lynch and miss brutals. if we can figure out the other tiebreaker, money.
miss brutals prob the way we loss this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
“Good-bye and hello, as always.”
badge
“I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.” ― Roger Zelazny, The Courts of Chaos
mbmbmbmbmb
Behind_the_Walls wrote:
but on the surface a all claim will stop a miss lynch and miss brutals. if we can figure out the other tiebreaker, money.

Agreed, like that logic.

Nobody has trusted me enough to give me a brutal yet, which makes me sad.

Everyone claim please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bird
Finland
flag msg tools
Hey there village!

I'm your hunter.
Had Rhand set up for brutal last night as well by the way. kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
“I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.” ― Roger Zelazny, The Courts of Chaos
mbmbmbmbmb
Current Claim Status

12 people total

1 Mad Scientist - Rhanddom
2 Wolves - Beren, ???

1 Voodoo Priest - ???
1 Revenant - Walls
1 Hunter - Bird

3 Regular Villagers - dejo, DUBS, ???
3 Tie-breaker Villagers - Paper, ???, ???

Villager claims: Aumerle, cvb, Majai

Unclaimed: Jedit, Flag

-------------------------

There are currently exactly the number of villager claims to match the spots, if even one more person claims villager, then one of the villager claims is the wolf.

If two people claim VP then one is the wolf.

Looking at the tie-breaker situations a bit more now that we know that Paper was one of the 3.

Note: Someone else *could* be the Hunter or the Revenant but I'm counting those spots as taken unless they are counterclaimed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
Tailorbird wrote:
Hey there village!

I'm your hunter.

A bad night for him, then. I'm the Voodoo Priest and I also had him set for Brutal. To confirm: I gave the brutal to CVB last night and it was successful.

So now we look at Day 1:

Beren: TBV, Revenant, Vanillager
Majai: Hunter, VP, Vanillager
Walls: MS, ??, ??

Paper: Wolf
Jedit: ??
Aumerle: ??

Roles unknown: Wolf, Vanillager, 2x TBV

We also know that Majai and Aumerle cannot both be TBV, or Walls would have been the D1 lynch. However, that's not relevant for finding evil now.

I think that we get a guaranteed Town win under the following conditions:

1a) We lynch CVB. This has to be done first as he'll have double-brutal if he's evil. If he's Wolf, we win. If not, he brutals one of Flag, Majai or Aumerle. There are five players left at the end of D3.

1b) If Tailor is counter claimed, we instead lynch Tailor. If he's lying then we win; if he's not he brutals the counter-claimant.

Tailor and I then both set our brutals on one of Flag/Majai/Aumerle.

2a) If one of me and Tailor dies and we don't win the game, on D4 there will be three players and only one possible Wolf. Town wins.

2b) If one of the survivors from the evil pool dies, there will be four players and only one possible Wolf. Town wins.

2c) If Walls gets detoughed, all five of us will be alive on D4.

We lynch into the pool again, and set brutals on the remaining candidate.

3a) If Walls is killed, we lynch the last candidate and win.

3b) If anyone else is killed, the Wolf gets brutalled.

Have I overlooked anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay so here's the D1 final tally again:

VoteViewer wrote:
DAY 1 VOTE TALLY

Player (13/13) - # - Voted by

BerenCamlost - 3 - DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(2), cvb2009(16), PaperF(31), dejojam1(35), Behind_the_Walls(37), Aumerle(41), Behind_the_Walls(42)
MajaiofDreams - 3 - PaperF(4), DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(13), Aumerle(14), DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(20), Tailorbird(25), DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(27), Rhanddom(33), DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(38), Behind_the_Walls(39), Jedit(43)
Behind_the_Walls - 3 - Aumerle(21), DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(26), MajaiofDreams(32), Jedit(36), Rhanddom(40), Aumerle(45)
PaperF - 1 - BerenCamlost(5), dejojam1(8), Jedit(34), Aumerle(44)
Jedit - 1 - cvb2009(19), Flagaster(24), DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(28)
Aumerle - 1 - cvb2009(17), PaperF(23), Flagaster(29)
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS - 0 - Jedit(30)
Flagaster - 0 - DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(22)
cvb2009 - 0 - dejojam1(1), Aumerle(15), DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(18)
Rhanddom - 0 - DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(12)
dejojam1 - 0 - Behind_the_Walls(3), dejojam1(6), player_alpha(7), player_alpha(9), DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(10), player_alpha(11)

Not voting: player_alpha

Aumerle voted for Behind_the_Walls at 2:00 PM CDT on 7/25/2019

We know the 3 on Beren now - 1 tie-breaker, 1 regular villager and the Revenant. So that means that there can be MAX 1 tie-breaker on both Majai and Walls, if there were 2 on one of those, they would have been lynched over Beren.

So the remaining people who could be tiebreaker villagers based on this are:

Jedit
Majai or Aumerle (not both)
cvb
Flag

I guess this doesn't change much in this moment but if we can get claims from Jedit and Flag that could narrow it down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we're in really good shape and I pretty much agree with your logic there Jedit. I would like a claim from Flag because I think that clarifies things. Either he CCs someone or there are 4 villager claims with 3 spots, which also clears you and Bird as uncountered.

Also, cvb can you confirm that you were gifted a brutal? That basically confirms Jedit's claim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also somewhat believe (and already thought) that Jedit might be VP because he generally doesn't seem to trust me and while I think I should have been gifted a brutal, the fact that he would choose elsewhere is believable to me. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aumerle wrote:
I think we're in really good shape and I pretty much agree with your logic there Jedit. I would like a claim from Flag because I think that clarifies things. Either he CCs someone or there are 4 villager claims with 3 spots, which also clears you and Bird as uncountered.

Also, cvb can you confirm that you were gifted a brutal? That basically confirms Jedit's claim.

Clearing my claim isn't important as I also have a brutal. If I'm CCed then we do exactly the same as for Tailor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jedit wrote:
Aumerle wrote:

Clearing my claim isn't important as I also have a brutal. If I'm CCed then we do exactly the same as for Tailor.

It's just how my brain works. If Flag claims a role then we lynch into the claims and if he doesn't then.. cvb? so that he can start taking shots into the pool as you said?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flagaster Montefiore
msg tools
Sweet jeebus we are going to wrap this up in record time. Vanillager here.

I'll be back later in the evening. Going out for dinner with my son. We're on holiday in Nova Scotia and my phone has terrible service here. So I'm unfortunately AWOL a bit more than I had hoped for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay so:

Walls - Rev
Bird - Hunter
Jedit - VP

Unknowns:

Aumerle, cvb, Majai, Flag - all claimed villager

Only 3 villager spots left, so it's one of those 4.

Jedit's plan seemed to be to lynch cvb and if it's not him, he brutals one of the remaining 3. That will only leave 2 possibles for tomorrow in a worst case scenario.

[vote cvb]

Personally, I think it's Majai. Tone wise he seems a bit off but that could be explained by out of game things going on that are distracting him. I also could see him as a Rhand wolf pick though. Just complete gut take there. But I agree that if cvb was gifted a brutal then the safe thing to do is to lynch him first just in case.

If there's a good counter argument to this, I'm all ears.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Player (7/12) - # - Voted by

cvb2009 - 1 - Aumerle(1)

Not Voting: Behind_the_Walls, cvb2009, Flagaster, Jedit, MajaiofDreams, Tailorbird

Nightfall votes are denoted by an '*' after the player's name.

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Lynch time is at 2:00 PM BGG
Night Action deadline is at 2:30 PM BGG

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

Aumerle - 1 - cvb2009(1)

Not Voting: Behind_the_Walls, cvb2009, Flagaster, Jedit, MajaiofDreams, Tailorbird

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bird
Finland
flag msg tools
Jedit wrote:
Tailorbird wrote:
Hey there village!

I'm your hunter.

A bad night for him, then. I'm the Voodoo Priest and I also had him set for Brutal. To confirm: I gave the brutal to CVB last night and it was successful.

So now we look at Day 1:

We also know that Majai and Aumerle cannot both be TBV, or Walls would have been the D1 lynch. However, that's not relevant for finding evil now.

1a) We lynch CVB. This has to be done first as he'll have double-brutal if he's evil. If he's Wolf, we win. If not, he brutals one of Flag, Majai or Aumerle. There are five players left at the end of D3.

1b) If Tailor is counter claimed, we instead lynch Tailor. If he's lying then we win; if he's not he brutals the counter-claimant.

2a) If one of me and Tailor dies and we don't win the game, on D4 there will be three players and only one possible Wolf. Town wins.

2b) If one of the survivors from the evil pool dies, there will be four players and only one possible Wolf. Town wins.

I subscribe to this plan.
Sidenote: for my user, I prefer the shorthand "Bird"
Tailor just makes me feel like a rude pop singer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tailorbird wrote:
Jedit wrote:
Tailorbird wrote:
Hey there village!

I'm your hunter.

So now we look at Day 1:

I thought you were making a play on words. A swift is a bird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flagaster Montefiore
msg tools
Is the plan still [vote cvb] for today?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

cvb2009 - 2 - Aumerle(1), Flagaster(2)

Not Voting: Behind_the_Walls, cvb2009, Jedit, MajaiofDreams, Tailorbird

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

Aumerle - 1 - cvb2009(1)
Flagaster - 1 - cvb2009(2)

Not Voting: Behind_the_Walls, cvb2009, Jedit, MajaiofDreams, Tailorbird

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bird
Finland
flag msg tools
Jedit wrote:
Tailorbird wrote:
Jedit wrote:
Tailorbird wrote:
Hey there village!

I'm your hunter.

So now we look at Day 1:

I thought you were making a play on words. A swift is a bird.

Ah, didn't know that. Tailorbird is a specific type of bird as well, and pretty amusing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bird
Finland
flag msg tools
Jedit wrote:
Tailorbird wrote:
Hey there village!

I'm your hunter.

So now we look at Day 1:

[vote cvb] should we just say who we are brutaling so we don't overlap? Or no we can just actually que the commands and should work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

cvb2009 - 3 - Aumerle(1), Flagaster(2), Tailorbird(3)

Not Voting: Behind_the_Walls, cvb2009, Jedit, MajaiofDreams

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

Aumerle - 1 - cvb2009(1)
Tailorbird - 1 - cvb2009(3)

Not Voting: Behind_the_Walls, cvb2009, Jedit, MajaiofDreams

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tailorbird wrote:
Jedit wrote:
Tailorbird wrote:
Hey there village!

I'm your hunter.

So now we look at Day 1:

[vote cvb] should we just say who we are brutaling so we don't overlap? Or no we can just actually que the commands and should work

It doesn't matter who we brutal as long as we both brutal within the pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[vote cvb]

Flag's been here and hasn't counter-claimed, so we can go with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

cvb2009 - 4 - Aumerle(1), Flagaster(2), Tailorbird(3), Jedit(4)

Not Voting: Behind_the_Walls, cvb2009, MajaiofDreams

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

Aumerle - 1 - cvb2009(1)
Jedit - 1 - cvb2009(4)

Not Voting: Behind_the_Walls, cvb2009, MajaiofDreams

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[Vote cvb]

Sounds good to me. He was in my suspicion pool.

I felt he was a bit trying to lurk in the shadows day 1 and now that our specials are claimed, I think it was more likely that hes a wolf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

cvb2009 - 5 - Aumerle(1), Flagaster(2), Tailorbird(3), Jedit(4), MajaiofDreams(5)

Not Voting: Behind_the_Walls, cvb2009

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

Aumerle - 1 - cvb2009(1)
Jedit - 1 - cvb2009(4)
MajaiofDreams - 1 - cvb2009(5)

Not Voting: Behind_the_Walls, cvb2009

Thumb up