Alex
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Hi, I have a basic question I could not find an answer.
This is the case:

I play Solo, and a card effect makes me draw the two top cards from the vilain deck. The two top cards are respectively a Master Strike, and a Villain.
After I draw the Master Strike, as per Advanced solo rule, I should draw another Vilain card.

In this case, should I consider that I am done with the effect (I drew 2 cards), or should I draw a third card from the villain deck ?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You must draw another card from the Villain Deck.

so, if a card effect says draw two cards from the villain deck, the resolution is something like this:

Number of cards to draw: 2

First draw card is a master strike (number of cards to draw are 1 now).
Resolve master strike (now the number of cards to draw are once again two due to the master strike pulling another card from the Villain Deck in Advanced Solo)

Draw card due to the master strike (number of cards to draw are now 1) : For example is a scheme twist that says draw two cards from the villain deck.

Now number of cards are 3, and so on.

Welcome to hell
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Mercer
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not played too much true solo (I prefer 3-hand solo), certain setups do feel like you can hit a quick death spiral very quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
thanks for the answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Poitier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spinningdice wrote:
Not played too much true solo (I prefer 3-hand solo), certain setups do feel like you can hit a quick death spiral very quickly.

Any scheme that accelerates the card draw of the Villain deck is especially tough in Advanced Solo yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A good trick for keeping track of how many cards you still need to play in draw-two-more scenarios is this:

When you draw a Twist turn the top two cards of the Villain deck sideways.
Then play those cards.
If one of the sideways cards activates more draws, eg a master strike or another twist turn a further appropriate number of cards sideways.
Keep playing cards until none of them are sideways anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.