Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Rampson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got back into the game because my 6-year-old son saw some images of Heroscape stuff while I was cleaning up my BGG collection and wanted to try it out. After his first game, he asked to start making custom stuff, so I had jumped back into the forums at Heroscapers.com to read other people's customs and post my own. And now the site has been mysteriously down for most of a day and I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about it coming back up.

Any info?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No idea what the problem is but it’ been down since yesterday
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mont Allen
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, I hope this isn't something worrisome....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is pitch black.
badge
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Reports on Reddit and Facebook say that it's being worked on. Doesn't sound like it's anything dire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lefton
United States
Florence
KY
flag msg tools
I play to screw with winners, not to win!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroscape Discord Server is up and they said server outage they are working on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Rampson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, all! Having just gotten back into the game, I wasn't sure where else to look for info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Milford Haven
Pembrokeshire
flag msg tools
Rai # 5 by Valiant Comics
badge
Jim Shooter is a comics legend!
mbmbmbmbmb
puzzlemonkey wrote:
Reports on Reddit and Facebook say that it's being worked on. Doesn't sound like it's anything dire.
Phew! I was getting worried
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mont Allen
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the days pass by, I'm starting to worry again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Morisette
United States
Northfield
Minnesota
flag msg tools
And starting to suffer withdrawal...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Monser
United States
Pacifica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did some poking about and noticed that the Name Servers for the domain 'heroscapers.com' ARE heroscapers.com name servers. This is a case of 'all your eggs in one basket', I fear. If no one can get an IP address for the nameservers (because the nameservers themselves are down), they can never get the site back up.

They need to change the DNS Servers listed for the domain to include at least one NS that ISN'T a member of the domain itself. I hope Truth (or whomever is running the domain these days) reads this or realizes this.

~Z
(a.k.a. cmgames)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I hope they get it back up and running. It's been down before, but never this long that I recall.

I miss keeping in touch with some good people over there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Morisette
United States
Northfield
Minnesota
flag msg tools
While DNS servers may very well be the issue, it's not because they point to the domain itself. They would just be using glue records.

I do hope it comes back online soon though. I also don't recall seeing such a long outage before...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goddammit! Quality and on time delivery are not mutually exclusive!
United States
Shelby Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, the site still down today

I hope that they can get up and running. where else am I gonna get my C3V, SoV, and C3G customs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Neves
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I need a fix. Let me see an army card, a map build, just a little something to tide me over. It's been five days now... *twitch*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The site has gone down before. But usually only a day or two at worst. This seems a bit longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Millen
United Kingdom
Greyabbey
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools

I wonder if the Heroscapers sysadmins have checked the server to ensure that it is plugged in and switched on at the wall socket?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mont Allen
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zmonster wrote:
I did some poking about and noticed that the Name Servers for the domain 'heroscapers.com' ARE heroscapers.com name servers. This is a case of 'all your eggs in one basket', I fear. If no one can get an IP address for the nameservers (because the nameservers themselves are down), they can never get the site back up.

They need to change the DNS Servers listed for the domain to include at least one NS that ISN'T a member of the domain itself. I hope Truth (or whomever is running the domain these days) reads this or realizes this.

~Z
(a.k.a. cmgames)
Does anybody know who IS running the domain/website these days? Is it still Truth? (Refresh my memory.... who was Truth in real life? -- Colby Dauch?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh boy. I wonder if this is the end of it completely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Typhon wrote:
zmonster wrote:

~Z
(a.k.a. cmgames)
Does anybody know who IS running the domain/website these days? Is it still Truth? (Refresh my memory.... who was Truth in real life? -- Colby Dauch?)
Yeah, Truth is Colby Dauch.

Edit: I just took a shot in the dark and emailed Plaid Hat Games to see if anyone there could find out from Colby what the status is. Don't know if they will reply, but it's a shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goddammit! Quality and on time delivery are not mutually exclusive!
United States
Shelby Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly no. Kind of disappointed that they haven't responded. But then again, who knows if Colby is even around or available at the moment, or he just may not want to comment about it until he has an answer.

That said, if I don't hear anything in a week, not only will I think the worst about Heroscapers, but also lost respect for Colby for not letting people know what's going on. There are a lot of people that have a lot of time and effort invested in projects there, which made people actually keep going back there. There are also people currently working on projects and should know if they should stop wasting their time if there isn't going to be a site anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Noe
msg tools
I'm really really nervous about the length of time that Heroscapers has been down. The community cannot survive without such a dedicated forum. If worst comes to worst, as a community we must regroup and rebuild, perhaps a new platform.

Heroscape for life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If it is a server outage as someone claimed then the delay could be waiting for a replacement part/s. Assuming it is not worse than that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janus Lin
United States
West Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Key folks could be at Origins too??
 Thumb up