Subject: I am Groot: The Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb

We all know who Groot is, and, like all right-minded people, we all admire him and want to be like him. This game is your chance.

---------

Far away, in a distant corner of the milky way galaxy, there lives a race of beings who evolved into sentience from trees. One of them, known as Groot, left the planet and joined the Guardians of the Galaxy and eventually helped save the world from Thanos. Or helped Thanos, depending on what universe you're in. Anyway, this is not his story. This story takes place on Groot's homeworld, where a race of sentient trees goes around talking to each other by repeating that they are Groot.

Post Restriction

Since this game takes place on Groot-world, you are required to speak the language Flora colossi at all times while communicating. This means that, except for votes and quoting other posts, all posts will consist of the words "I am Groot". The words may be repeated any number of times, and they may punctuated, capitalized, colored, or formatted in any manner you see fit, but they must spell out "I am Groot". You may post images, but all images must contain a picture of Groot and may not include any text other than, "I am Groot" (and possibly things like watermarks or whatever). All posts in this game are subject to this restriction.

Roles

This game is for 17 players.

Evil Roles (5):

3 Wolfy Groots: The wolfy Groots share a chat and kill 1 player a night. They may talk normally in their wolfy Groot chat.

1 Cultist Groot: The cultist Groot is told the identities of the three Wolfy Groots at the start of the game.

1 Sorcy Groot: This Groot is informed of the IDs of all three Smarty-Pants Groots on N0.

Good Roles (12):

3 Smarty-Pants Groots: Each Smarty-Pants Groot will be informed of the identity of one of the Wolfy Groots on N0. Each of them will know a different Wolfy Groot.

2 Masonic Groots: The two Masonic Groots will share a chat from N0. They will be able to talk normally in their chat.

1 Priestly Groot: This Groot learns the roles of all players killed at night.

6 Regular Groots: You are Groot.

------

So the strategy of this game, ideally, is this: You've got people with information, but nobody can get it out there because nobody can communicate.

One thing to note here is that nightfall votes will not be allowed, to prevent the smarty-pants Groots from nightfalling their Wolfy Groots on D1. For the same reason, roles are not revealed on nightkill, so as to not make a Wolfy Groot too obvious when a Smarty-Pants Groot is killed. The Priestly Groot will know who's been killed, of course.

There are probably other rules I need here. I'll add them later. And remember: We are Groot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
cvb2009
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS
Irina_Phoenix
Jamie_Pi
Netslummer

5 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/2217323

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madeline B
msg tools
No mountains, no valleys
badge
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience.
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually like syntactic constraints but it turns out even I have my limits.

Also, are the cultist and sorc supposed to be the same thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Even when you don't feel it.
badge
Prioritize your own life, or someone will prioritize it for you!
mbmbmbmbmb
madelineb wrote:
I usually like syntactic constraints but it turns out even I have my limits.

Also, are the cultist and sorc supposed to be the same thing?

It feels like the cultist Groot is supposed to say it knows the wolfy Groots intead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Even when you don't feel it.
badge
Prioritize your own life, or someone will prioritize it for you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Are emoticons allowed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
Are emoticons allowed?

They are if I can think of a good restriction for them. Maybe up to one per post or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks Grootvy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm unsure about this one but might join as a last minute slot...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Wilson
msg tools
You're insane 2mil.

I might sign up if I can figure out how to be condescending while only saying "I am groot."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterDeadpool wrote:
You're insane 2mil.

Thanks, you too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mono
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be cool. Don't be all, like.... uncool
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterDeadpool wrote:
You're insane 2mil.

I might sign up if I can figure out how to be condescending while only saying "I am groot."
I have faith that if anyone could pull it off, it'd be you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Wilson
msg tools
monogarden wrote:
MisterDeadpool wrote:
You're insane 2mil.

I am groot...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil seems incredibly fucked

This looks more like an exercise in logic puzzles and goods not sabotaging the team than a WW game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterDeadpool wrote:
monogarden wrote:
MisterDeadpool wrote:
You're insane 2mil.

I am groot...

Proving triangle conGrootence theorems using SAS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
I am Groot?

(I'd love to sign up, but Cassandra appears ill.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhanddom wrote:
I am Groot?

Yeah I took it down. I like the idea, but I dunno. Maybe it'll come back later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Wilson
msg tools
twomillionbucks wrote:
Rhanddom wrote:
I am Groot?

Yeah I took it down. I like the idea, but I dunno. Maybe it'll come back later.

Go ahead and sign me up if you bring it back. I'm having to be measured about my participation but it seems fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterDeadpool wrote:
You're insane 2mil.

Quote:
i am groot... shake

[vote misterDeadpool]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we ever allowed a "we are groot" ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I might have a great time doing this. I have a groot Funko that I can take pictures of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
I'm stealthy, like a ninja.
badge
I may be a pretty shitty boyfriend, but it turns out I’m actually a pretty damn good babysitter.
mbmbmbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:
TFang wrote:
Are emoticons allowed?

They are if I can think of a good restriction for them. Maybe up to one per post or something.

I just want to drop some inspiration here:
https://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/823053/ElAdoranSureshot

featuring such hits as:

ElAdoranSureshot wrote:

redtraincool :

indigoindigoindigoindigotobaccotobaccotobaccosugarsugar ( indigo , tobacco = devil ; sugar = )

cool : " whitetaj: !"

devil :

--------------
greentraincool :

sugarsugarsugarcorncorncorn (sugar , corn = )

cool : " whitetaj: !"

: shakeyuk

cool = brickbrickbrickbrick ( ?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls