Popular Tags: [View All]
xxx yyy
msg tools
There are at least these defensive rules

1) Cover
2) Defense
3) Armor
4) Endurance

I'm pretty sure Armor is applied last since its not on 'hits'. In what order do you apply the others and is there any leeway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Why
msg tools
CujoQuarrel3 wrote:

1) Cover
2) Defense
3) Armor
4) Endurance

I'm pretty sure Armor is applied last since its not on 'hits'. In what order do you apply the others and is there any leeway?
The stated order is correct. Cover -> Defense -> Armor -> Endurance.

I can find all of one example for why you can't switch the order of defense and cover, and that's the Barbed Tail elite ability of brutal Hell Vermin (you take damage for every 1 you roll on defense rolls).

The rulebook is clear that Armor applies "after their Defense has failed them".

And Endurance is applied last, as stated in the Kosugi Ninja Master elite ability.

So no, there really is no leeway. But most of the time you can swap defense and cover rolls without consequence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Panner wrote:
CujoQuarrel3 wrote:

1) Cover
2) Defense
3) Armor
4) Endurance

I can find all of one example for why you can't switch the order of defense and cover, and that's the Barbed Tail elite ability of brutal Hell Vermin (you take damage for every 1 you roll on defense rolls).

And Endurance is applied last, as stated in the Kosugi Ninja Master elite ability.

So no, there really is no leeway. But most of the time you can swap defense and cover rolls without consequence.

I see that the Kosugi Ninja Master does say that, but then that would mean that anybody with Endurance and Armor would have to roll armor saves against each hit individually. That just seems sloppy and like it would slow the game down way too much. Like, playing as the Enforcer just sounds way less fun now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Why
msg tools
Burnham wrote:
Panner wrote:
CujoQuarrel3 wrote:

1) Cover
2) Defense
3) Armor
4) Endurance

I see that the Kosugi Ninja Master does say that, but then that would mean that anybody with Endurance and Armor would have to roll armor saves against each hit individually. That just seems sloppy and like it would slow the game down way too much. Like, playing as the Enforcer just sounds way less fun now.
I agree, I also dislike having to track individual hits. If there are only a few hits you can use dice of different colors, but soon enough you will be rolling for 10-15 incoming hits, and then you're out of luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Gustavel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
There was quite a discussion not long ago about the order for armor and endurance. Check this thread

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2168606/endurance-and-armor...

I agree that armor comes before endurance though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes if you don't like meticulously tracking things, then this game is really gonna push your buttons - especially in situations when many different mechanics collide.

If you don't like the rules, you can change them so that Endurance goes first but understand that you're going to wreck the intended balance of how all of those prevention mechanics interact.

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls