Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Nave
United States
Canby
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing as the forces of Sauron, I positioned Sauron in the front lines to the left, the Warg in the middle, and Cave Troll to the front right.
The next layer down had ? on the left, the Nazgul in the middle, and ? on the right. Finally, there was the Witch King, Shelob, Orcs, and Black Riders. (sorry about the ?'s.. i can't remember).

I began by making moves out of Mordor so as to draw the Fellowship out into the open; my idea was to keep the Orcs back and then move them out later to make some easy kills. As the FP moved into the mountains, I attacked with Saruman thinking that I might be able to take out Pippin: boy was I wrong – Gandalf. Because I was in the mountains and couldn’t retreat sideways, I basically threw away Saruman. Gandalf got bold and continued his attack into the SP side until he met up with ___ who WAS able to retreat sideways. I then used this opportunity to attack with the Orcs and kill of Gandalf.

To fast forward to other exciting battles (I’m not going to tell each battle), I moved the Wargs into Moria to try to fake out the FP. No dice. However, they attacked with Boromir, and thanks to the Wargs ability, Boromir was defeated… however I threw away a high strength card and the FP played “Noble Sacrifice”. I figured there was a chance that would happen, but needed to hedge by bets: I could have played “Ignore Text” but then if the FP had played a strength card I would have lost both the card and the character.

Another great battle (for the SP) was when Gimli attacked Shelob (thinking she was the Orcs). Thinking to play a “Magic” card and pull out the “Noble Sacrifice” card once again, the FP was heartbroken when I played the “Ignore Text” card. So it turned out good that I hadn’t used it with the Wargs in Moria.

Next, Legolas broke through the lines to defeat the Nazgul but was instantly killed by the Orcs (who the FP had forgotten about).

Around this time, the Cave Troll started making his way up the right side of the board, along with Shelob, to sneak into the Shire. The riders were on stand by for a last second burst to the other side of the board to be the 3rd person in for the victory.

The Cave Troll stopped with only one step left to go to the Shire. The FP player then moved their last remaining person out of the shire and adjacent to Mr. Cave Troll. At this point, the Black Rider shot across the board and attacked this player --- who turned out to be Frodo. Since he couldn’t retreat (because the Cave Troll was blocking the way) the battle commenced. With only a 3 strength card left, the Shadow slapped down a “Magic” card, pulled out the 6, and doomed Middle Earth to Saruon subjugation.

THE END.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.