Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Zombie Fluxx» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rule questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Clarification: Does Creeper = Zombie(s)?

In other words, if the rules state a number (x) of Zombies, does this mean x Creeper cards or sum x of zombies on Creeper cards?

Example: Zombie Baseball Team. Does this require nine Creepers or any combination of Creepers that add up to 9 Zombies (Three Trios, etc.)?

In our first game we decided that Creeper is not the same as Zombie(s), so we treated a reference to x Zombies as any combination of Creeper cards adding up to x Zombies. Would like this verified.

This interpretation does lead to at least one problem however:


The Rule "Look Over There" allows a player to move "One" of his Zombies to another player. A couple of questions about this card:

a) Does "One" mean the player can move any Creeper to another player, or does "One" mean a player can move only a solo Zombie card to another player? (And if it means any Zombie card, how does that square with the question above?)

b) Can this rule be invoked multiple times per turn as long as a player has one or more Zombies (that meet the criteria of question a above)?

(As one player pointed out, there is nothing in the rule that says it can be used only once. It simply says "move one of your zombies..." Another player felt this meant you can take this action once.) We feel this is a rule that needs clarification.

The addition of Creepers and a Zombie theme makes Zombie Fluxx the best Fluxx yet!

Thanks for the answers!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chalker
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure about these:

Zombies do not equal Creepers. So goals that require X zombies can use a quartet as four.

"Look over there" should say move one zombie CARD, so it does square with the above rule.

kimbo wrote:
Clarification: Does Creeper = Zombie(s)?

In other words, if the rules state a number (x) of Zombies, does this mean x Creeper cards or sum x of zombies on Creeper cards?

Example: Zombie Baseball Team. Does this require nine Creepers or any combination of Creepers that add up to 9 Zombies (Three Trios, etc.)?

In our first game we decided that Creeper is not the same as Zombie(s), so we treated a reference to x Zombies as any combination of Creeper cards adding up to x Zombies. Would like this verified.

This interpretation does lead to at least one problem however:


The Rule "Look Over There" allows a player to move "One" of his Zombies to another player. A couple of questions about this card:

a) Does "One" mean the player can move any Creeper to another player, or does "One" mean a player can move only a solo Zombie card to another player? (And if it means any Zombie card, how does that square with the question above?)

b) Can this rule be invoked multiple times per turn as long as a player has one or more Zombies (that meet the criteria of question a above)?

(As one player pointed out, there is nothing in the rule that says it can be used only once. It simply says "move one of your zombies..." Another player felt this meant you can take this action once.) We feel this is a rule that needs clarification.

The addition of Creepers and a Zombie theme makes Zombie Fluxx the best Fluxx yet!

Thanks for the answers!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
davethegame wrote:
Pretty sure about these:
Zombies do not equal Creepers. So goals that require X zombies can use a quartet as four.

Yeah, I had pretty much come to this conclusion.

Quote:
"Look over there" should say move one zombie CARD, so it does square with the above rule.

Ah ha! That makes more sense.

Thanks for the answers!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashton Eidolon
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
'ware the Potato! The first Creeper was Radiocative Potato in the 10th Anniversary pack http://www.looneylabs.com/OurStores/product.html?ProductID=3...
which is not a Zombie. Dropping the hot potato into the Zombie deck quickly jelled many cards for Yea Olde House Rules. Worth buying some Anniv. packs just for the Destroy a Creeper card ... and to argue that Brain is a food item for the Party Snacks goal, of course!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.