7 Posts

Blue Moon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bounce Back Effect on Caterpillars, and Potions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
N O
Philippines
flag msg tools
After reading some of the threads about Bounce Back, its clear that the Mutant doesn't repeat its effect and that Gulpus can allow the play of an extra booster again (also the "Now,..." texts don't activate a second time). But, what about the Potions and Caterpillars? Do the potions still give their bonuses to the characters? Does the opponent face the discard condition of the caterpillar cards a second time, especially if enhanced by Crysalus Frendus' ability? (I'm leaning towards "yes" on both potions and caterpillars, but I just want to clear it up) Thanks for any answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes on both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed to the last answer. There are three cases here, the second of which you could split into two sub-cases. Oddly you can demonstrate all four using Pillar cards

1 - Now not repeated (Gloria Gracia)
2a - My turn action I can do again (Gulpus Permanentus)
2b - Your turn action to do again (Caterpillar Fireeater)
3 - Continuous effect keeps going (Potion of Cosmic Power)

I've put this in as an example in the next version of the FAQ list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N O
Philippines
flag msg tools
Thanks for the answers! I did read the FAQ but the answer wasn't explicit/specific enough for me.

Also, I've discovered that Bounce Back is pretty vicious with Bottelus Emptius (can't take further cards into hand) combined with 2-3 Caterpillars plus a possible Potion or supports (if one needs to match the opponent's value).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
balbie wrote:
I did read the FAQ but the answer wasn't explicit/specific enough for me.

Hopefully it is now.

This comes under the heading of "you can't please all of the people all of the time". As an attempt to at least please more of the people more of the time I now have a general question about how special power texts divide into the three cases discussed, and a specific question covering the four cards I note. But the short FAQ only has the first of these, but the full FAQ has both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N O
Philippines
flag msg tools
At the risk of sounding ungrateful, I just want to say that even though I said that the answer wasn't explicit/specific enough for me, I didn't mean that the FAQ answer should be changed to explain everything about Bounce Back, card by card or even case by case. It's fine that I couldn't get the exact answer in the FAQ because I knew that my question wasn't that important and that I could just hop on over here to get an answer from the nice people.

(I actually added the "...for me" at the end of the sentence in my previous post because the the answer in the FAQ was fine, and that it was only me who had a problem with the answer not being clear enough. I thought that without the "...for me", I would be making it sound like the answer provided in the FAQ wasn't good enough in general.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
balbie wrote:
At the risk of sounding ungrateful, I just want to say that even though I said that the answer wasn't explicit/specific enough for me, I didn't mean that the FAQ answer should be changed to explain everything about Bounce Back, card by card or even case by case.

That's OK, I didn't take it as demanding that. When questions like this turn up I consider whether they should be added or not. In this case I thought the general answer needed a bit of a polish (it wasn't really clear on what I've called case 2b above) and that explicit answers wouldn't hurt either. And again I wait for enough "might as well add this" answers to build up, or one "really need to answer this now". The withdrawal of the Kosmos website was somewhere between the two, and when putting it in I finished off my list of things to add (or consider adding) of which this was one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.