Hellboy: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can revealed Enemies move through closed doors? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. G.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

In the "Missing Persons" case, there is one point where the Case File tells you to "immediatley reveal and set up all face-down Encounter cards".

I had 2 rooms left, that weren't explored, so the doors have not been opened.
I played it that the enemies stayed behind the closed doors.
Not sure if this was correct...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doors don't really function like a Zombicide door for example. It's more of a divider on what is explored or not. So there's really no opening and closing.

I would judge the intent of this card based on if it's trying to punish you or help you. I'm guessing it's supposed to hurt you and revealing the rest of the encounters would be to add more challenges. There would be really no point to revealing the contents in this way if there would be no negative effect on the players (ie gettin stuck behind a door), like having all the enemies be able to attack you etc.

Without risking spoilers it's hard to tell if this is supposed to hurt or help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Gosburo Coffin
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's correct that doors are neither open nor closed in this game, but they have nothing to do with rooms being explored or not.

Rooms are either 'unexplored' or 'explored', and this state is only indicated by the associated Encounter Card (which is either still face-down or has been revealed, respectively). Doors are basically just markers for the 'holes in the wall' through which you can pass from one room into the next one.

So, in general enemies can move through doors (though they cannot enter unexplored rooms, but that wasn't the question here, I believe).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. G.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers!

I'm pretty sure it was meant to hurt the players.
So, I guess I would have lost this case...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.