United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Designer of Tournament Fishing
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this thread from the designer of Unbroken and thought that it was a great idea!

Viticulture - The Automa in this game was a huge inspiration for the AI Anglers in TF.

Gears of War: The Board Game - The way that you discard cards in response to attacks and other things by the enemy in order to get more dice, and whatnot, was part of what inspired the Reel Phase portion of TF and the multi-use nature of the Angler Cards.

Dungeon Alliance - The hand management in this game as well as some of the AI cards influenced many of the design choices in TF.

One Deck Dungeon - The way that the boxes on the dungeon cards need certain colors and numbers in some way inspired the fish cards, angler power, and color system in TF.

Shadowrun: Crossfire - The color system, needing certain colors to get passed the sectors, and also gaining bought cards into your hand instead of the discard.

Perdition's Mouth: Abyssal Rift - the response deck in this game inspired some things about the Fight deck in TF.

Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game - The way the cards come out face down and you have to scan them to flip them over inspired the lake deck and scanning in TF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Bear
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! I may have to look into getting Perditions Mouth now.

I played my first game tonight and really enjoyed it, even though I lost to the AI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.