Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Positivity is fucking rad
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
Also just looking down this roster is a pretty rad selection of folks! Hi and much love =) heart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:
@Rorab

YOU'RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR!
(In Cheryl's voice, of course)

Who's Cheryl? laugh

And you sir, are probably the biggest enigma in this roster to me, so I'm gonna try to make it my goal for D1 to read you. I'm confident it'll be the wrong read, but if I aim to get better at reading it's gotta start somewhere, and that somewhere is by making faulty assumptions

(Or you could just tell me in confidence what you are, I won't tell! Promise! )

OK, fine... I'm the PI with a gun. Its a trick game but only I was told. 🤪😜
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:
@Rorab

YOU'RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR!
(In Cheryl's voice, of course)

Who's Cheryl? laugh

And you sir, are probably the biggest enigma in this roster to me, so I'm gonna try to make it my goal for D1 to read you. I'm confident it'll be the wrong read, but if I aim to get better at reading it's gotta start somewhere, and that somewhere is by making faulty assumptions

(Or you could just tell me in confidence what you are, I won't tell! Promise! )

OK, fine... I'm the PI with a gun. Its a trick game but only I was told. 🤪😜

Well that's clearly not true. I'M THE PI! whistle

(Who's Cheryl though?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, have you not seen Archer, Rorab?

It's one of the best shows ever!
The dialog is fantastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
Also, have you not seen Archer, Rorab?

It's one of the best shows ever!
The dialog is fantastic.

Ahhh

I've seen a small amount of it before at a friend's place, but honestly I don't watch a lot of TV full stop! I don't even have a Netflix account or anything like that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
“Good-bye and hello, as always.”
badge
“I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.” ― Roger Zelazny, The Courts of Chaos
mbmbmbmbmb
backpacker wrote:
Good Morning everybody

This wondering mind wants to know: how do we pronounce "majaio" from majaiofdreams fame?

I've got this one.. pretty sure it's pronounced... "Mike"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
“I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.” ― Roger Zelazny, The Courts of Chaos
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
Wotcher folks! =)

It's been a long ol' time since I ninered, so hopefully I'm not too rusty!

backpacker, you've never Ninered before, correct? Has anyone else not Ninered before because there are a set of conventions that slightly differ from standard WW which it might be good to know =)

In general, false claiming is a-okay - but should be recanted before you might die. It's all well and good eating the NK as a Villager claiming Seer, but then if the real Seer is alive they have to try to CC your dead body. And your dead body has a headstart by having been NKed =P

Number 2! D2 is often all-claim day. Not ALWAYS, but quite often on D2 we all-claim and see where the chips fall - reason being that the game can be over by D3 if we lynch wrong twice - so generally it's good to assume we're at must lynch D2 and go from there!

Number 3! When said all-claim happens on D2, or you're claiming under no pressure - if you are either a Villager or the Hunter, the standard protocol is to claim 'Huntillager' - this allows some murkiness to the waters for the wolves, because the Hunter can be a last ditch saviour if we mess up! Of course, if you're the Hunter and you're about to be lynched, then you should probably claim Hunter. It's not worth being a mislynch over =)

That's all I can remember so far, but if anyone has more to add then feel free! In the end though, play the way you want - I don't want to tell you what you can and can't do in a game, but those are the standard conventions that I believe are pretty pro-good! Though the more you defy them, the more Felice will tell you to get off her lawn

Is it strange that I'm more afraid of defying Felice than say Vanders, who I ignore advice from regularly?

This is my first one of these, looking forward to it. A little strange to me that D1 is the longest day, but at least that lets us kind of get to know each other a little bit at the beginning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
Aumerle wrote:
backpacker wrote:
Good Morning everybody

This wondering mind wants to know: how do we pronounce "majaio" from majaiofdreams fame?

Oh yeah I forgot about the pronunciation thing! I had no idea you had the j as a 'zh' sound Mike - I've always just prounounced it like a j! Luckily Aum is here to have an easily pronounced name that I've never also pronounced wrong. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
Aumerle wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
Wotcher folks! =)

backpacker, you've never Ninered before, correct? Has anyone else not Ninered before because there are a set of conventions that slightly differ from standard WW which it might be good to know =)

In general, false claiming is a-okay - but should be recanted before you might die. It's all well and good eating the NK as a Villager claiming Seer, but then if the real Seer is alive they have to try to CC your dead body. And your dead body has a headstart by having been NKed =P

Number 2! D2 is often all-claim day. Not ALWAYS, but quite often on D2 we all-claim and see where the chips fall - reason being that the game can be over by D3 if we lynch wrong twice - so generally it's good to assume we're at must lynch D2 and go from there!

Number 3! When said all-claim happens on D2, or you're claiming under no pressure - if you are either a Villager or the Hunter, the standard protocol is to claim 'Huntillager' - this allows some murkiness to the waters for the wolves, because the Hunter can be a last ditch saviour if we mess up! Of course, if you're the Hunter and you're about to be lynched, then you should probably claim Hunter. It's not worth being a mislynch over =)

That's all I can remember so far, but if anyone has more to add then feel free! In the end though, play the way you want - I don't want to tell you what you can and can't do in a game, but those are the standard conventions that I believe are pretty pro-good! Though the more you defy them, the more Felice will tell you to get off her lawn

Is it strange that I'm more afraid of defying Felice than say Vanders, who I ignore advice from regularly?

This is my first one of these, looking forward to it. A little strange to me that D1 is the longest day, but at least that lets us kind of get to know each other a little bit at the beginning.

Oh no I get it. It's fun to ignore Vanders because he's Vanders and annoying him is basically the most fun you can have in a game with him, whereas Felice is less fun to annoy because she doesn't deserve it like Van does
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
And now I've done my stint as helpful evil, I'd like to [vote Aum] and enquire as to whether you've been feeling the repercussions of being too good at evil recently?

Sort of yes. I already paid the price once in Matrix XXXI which did not go nearly as well for me as the No Reveal game. I basically threw in the towel.

I know that's probably not the end of my penance though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
Aumerle wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
And now I've done my stint as helpful evil, I'd like to [vote Aum] and enquire as to whether you've been feeling the repercussions of being too good at evil recently?

Sort of yes. I already paid the price once in Matrix XXXI which did not go nearly as well for me as the No Reveal game. I basically threw in the towel.

I know that's probably not the end of my penance though

Don't worry, someone else will come around and be the vogue lynch soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
Aumerle wrote:
backpacker wrote:
Good Morning everybody

Oh yeah I forgot about the pronunciation thing! I had no idea you had the j as a 'zh' sound Mike - I've always just prounounced it like a j! Luckily Aum is here to have an easily pronounced name that I've never also pronounced wrong. whistle

Rob, just in case you missed it, there was a whole convo about how to pronounce it in No Reveal. Definitely the most important part of that game! A surprising amount of people were already saying it right, considering my RL friends all failed when this was a character I was playing in a RPG.

Aw-murl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
Aumerle wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
Aumerle wrote:
backpacker wrote:
Good Morning everybody

Rob, just in case you missed it, there was a whole convo about how to pronounce it in No Reveal. Definitely the most important part of that game! A surprising amount of people were already saying it right, considering my RL friends all failed when this was a character I was playing in a RPG.

Aw-murl

Haha, yeah I actually saw that debate which is why I brought it up =P

I'd been saying it Au-murl, where au is like the French word 'o', sounds like just saying the letter 'o' so not too bad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
Aumerle wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
Aumerle wrote:
backpacker wrote:
Good Morning everybody

Aw-murl

Haha, yeah I actually saw that debate which is why I brought it up =P

I'd been saying it Au-murl, where au is like the French word 'o', sounds like just saying the letter 'o' so not too bad

Oops, the French word 'au' obviously, there isn't a French word 'o'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually Mike is pronounced "Muh-high-kay-yee".

Its from old Gaelic.

Majai is the easiest of the 2 to say. 😉
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madeline B
msg tools
No mountains, no valleys
badge
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aumerle wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
Wotcher folks! =)

That's all I can remember so far, but if anyone has more to add then feel free! In the end though, play the way you want - I don't want to tell you what you can and can't do in a game, but those are the standard conventions that I believe are pretty pro-good! Though the more you defy them, the more Felice will tell you to get off her lawn ;)

Is it strange that I'm more afraid of defying Felice than say Vanders, who I ignore advice from regularly? ;)

unlike in Hamilton, tomorrow there'll be less of us. Only so much for seven people to do besides pretend to pay attention at work. And that all claim stuff.

[Vote aumerle] with affection. :heart:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Player (9/9) - # - Voted by

Aumerle - 2 - The_Rorab(1), madelineb(2)

Not Voting: Aumerle, backpacker, codeia, DIGGITYDAWGDUBS, Felice Si, Jamie_Pi, MajaiofDreams

Nightfall votes are denoted by an '*' after the player's name.

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Lynch time is at 12:00 AM BGG
Night Action deadline is at 12:00 AM BGG

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

madelineb - 1 - Aumerle(2)
The_Rorab - 1 - Aumerle(1)

Not Voting: Aumerle, backpacker, codeia, DIGGITYDAWGDUBS, Felice Si, Jamie_Pi, MajaiofDreams

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madeline B
msg tools
No mountains, no valleys
badge
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure why my smiley didnt take, maybe I hit the disable emoticons thing by mistake. Is the kind of thing nolemon does to mess with people's heads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
madelineb wrote:
Not sure why my smiley didnt take, maybe I hit the disable emoticons thing by mistake. Is the kind of thing nolemon does to mess with people's heads.

Wotcher Mads! =)

So you're saying Lemon is evil? I can get behind that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aumerle wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
Wotcher folks! =)

This will be my first time as well! This should be fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
madelineb wrote:

Wotcher Mads! =)

I can also get behind that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madeline B
msg tools
No mountains, no valleys
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
codeia wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
madelineb wrote:

Wotcher Mads! =)

I can also get behind that!
I take it she's in your wolf chat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
madelineb wrote:
Aumerle wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
Wotcher folks! =)

unlike in Hamilton, tomorrow there'll be less of us. Only so much for seven people to do besides pretend to pay attention at work. And that all claim stuff.

[Vote aumerle] with affection. heart

It's all good Mads, I'm not evil this time though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alrighty been at work for 15 minutes and done all the "work" I plan to do today, so let's do this! cool

Also I need you guys to distract me from RL family stuff today that I'd rather not think about. Whether you realize it or not, that's the real purpose of this game! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [23] |