Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fedor Ilitchev
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, is the deluxe book on the website different from the normal rules? How is it different? I saw a reviewer who (in the ratings) who stressed how important it was. Is it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It adds a bit. I don’t think it’s critical but there is enough there that will extend the life of the game.

The deluxe book adds:
- Advanced rules (things that are nice like jumping, multi level terrain, injuries and details like that)
- Rules to create your own content. Weapons, traders, enemies, etc. Truly excellent if you like that sort of thing. Completely worthless if you’re never going to use them.
- Lore.
- Reference skills (which includes their expansions).

So the Deluxe rulebook exists if you want to explore the world more. Create your own campaign or new maps. That would be it’s primary function.

Additionally, the reference skills alone were worth it for me. If you are a KSer backer, I believe you would have gotten PDFs for some of the obscure skills trees such as Merg and Machine. I was not a KSer backer and ended up buying the pack that had the a Merg in it. Without the Deluxe rule book, I wouldn’t be able to use him.

Also, setup of this game does take a bit more and as I’m learning it, it does help to have two copies of the rules, one on the map that I’m setting up and one on the legend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedor Ilitchev
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the insights!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"Drewbacca"
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One other thing it adds (which is often overlooked) is all of the rules for the various NPC's, like Galactic Corps, Gangers, Purge Annihilator and Purge Gatherers. These aren't found in the regular book (I certainly don't think so, anyway). Of course, if you buy their respective expansion packs you'll get the rules in a separate booklet. The deluxe rule book keeps them all together in one handy book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rohlin
Sweden
BOLLNÄS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the deluxe enough to play the different NPCs if I proxy the models or would I miss cards or anything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bach Le
msg tools
mbmb
alfadanne wrote:
Is the deluxe enough to play the different NPCs if I proxy the models or would I miss cards or anything?

The character boards are not included in the Deluxe rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Turner
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You also miss the Event cards and items that come with them.

Battle Systems offers the KS packs for these expansions on their webstore, but it's just the minis/character boards/items, not the rulebook or Event cards. No word on when they'll be boxed for retail, other than "later this year."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls