Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach M
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Expedition Endurance is a 2017 expansion to T.I.M.E. Stories and is designed by Croc with art from Bernard Bittler and published by Asmodee.

It's time for another ruins episode, with another T.I.M.E. Stories module coming your way. This one takes place in the early 20th century in Antarctica, with us trying to figure out what happened to the doomed expedition Endurance! As usual, prepare for full spoilers in the episode as we talk about the art, the story, any new mechanisms, and general thoughts on this module and how it ranks against the previous ones.

Put down your thoughts on your experiences with this one down below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad McCallum
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is probably the scenario I enjoyed most after Asylum. It's been awhile since I've played it, but I remember it one of the easier modules as well. From what I can recall, the theme was cool (very much modeled after The Thing), the artwork well done and the pacing spot on.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I really liked what they did with the first "run" where they dropped you in early "by accident" and then in the second drop at the time & place you were supposed to be you got to see the after-effects of the disaster and had to try to remember where you had initially found things. I think the only real complaint I had about the scenario was the auto-loss choice you could make (if I recall it had to do with flying out of the mission zone, like a video game); I'm pretty sure we house ruled ourselves back out of that choice as opposed to restarting the run.

The only other scenario that might be in contention with this one for second place (for me, anyways) is Estrella Drive, and that shares a lot of similar setup & mechanics although a much more adult theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls