Subject: Rating so low. Great game destroyed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernhard W
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's quite sad that it took backers to go more and more over the top to get any information or reaction from Cranio at all.

It wasn't until Carl reported the Barrage campaign to KS before they took action and started to answer questions. Now it required fake accounts and 1 ratings for them to break their silence again despite promising improvements. The "Luigi's thoughs" thread could have been a fresh start, but instead was again more of the same silence, or how many questions did he actually answer there?

As a business, preparing a product properly before you market it is key if you want to keep your reputation. That involves taking time for commnication, setting the quality and prices. If something isn't out yet, all a potential buyer can go by is the word of the company's spokespersons, who in this case, are at least 3 of 10 company empolyees who handle the development/marketing/production/shipping of Barrage.

They reduced the overall production cost by dropping the cardboard thickness and others, saying it won't make them rich (maybe saving a €30-50k?). This reduces the value though for backers who do account for what the components are worth by comparing it to other games.

The reductions feel like we are paying retail price now for the base game, instead of getting a good deal. It matters. Cranio keeps coming back to the point some do agree on: The gameplay is what counts.

That's only true for those to whom the money for games isn't that little bit of savings you can spend on a favorite hobby after paying bills, rent, food, ect. It's pretty much my annual gaming budget, and I feel instead of paying a discounted price I would have paid from an online shop, I pay full retail cost (which might or might not be true, we'll see).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
350000 fund was not enough for them maybe, they expect more. That why there a cut in quality in production. Or cronios is terrible doing they're budget as mention before.

It weird that they other live Kickstarter lorenzo,they give daily feedback to the public.

It just tell you how much mess this Kickstarter is since they keep it so quite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Summy76 wrote:
350000 fund was not enough for them maybe, they expect more. That why there a cut in quality in production. Or cronios is terrible doing they're budget as mention before.

It weird that they other live Kickstarter lorenzo,they give daily feedback to the public.

It just tell you how much mess this Kickstarter is since they keep it so quite.

It's R and E writing all those responses.

L is in charge here without anyone feeling the need to change that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
What R and L?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Bowen
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Summy76 wrote:
What R and L?

I believe L = Luigi and R = Riccardo. Cranio employees who have been involved in the backer communication on BGG and kickstarter pages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Robbins
msg tools
Summy76 wrote:
What R and L?

R+L=J

Sorry, couldn't resist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sorry I must be thick. still don't understand. Is that joypad letter meaning?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Bowen
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Summy76 wrote:
Sorry I must be thick. still don't understand. Is that joypad letter meaning?

R+L=J is a Game of Thrones reference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Summy76 wrote:
What R and L?

Cranio empolyees write their first name's initial at the bottom of their posts.

I don't know what E stands for, so can't help you there.

Luigi signs, if you so want, his comments with L.

Riccardo does so with R.

Long story short, there are 2 employees working on the comments section of the Lorenzo digital KS who are abel to communicate well in English and are updating their 2,154 backers frequently.

There is 1 employee working on the comments section for double the number of backers for Barrage who's English communication skills are not at the level needed for a project like this and who forgets about it for weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also employee S now really picking up the ropes in the KS section.

No idea what S stands for, but it's Superb that someone finally shows some signs of care to communicate with backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeloW06 wrote:
Summy76 wrote:
What R and L?

Cranio empolyees write their first name's initial at the bottom of their posts.

I don't know what E stands for, so can't help you there.

Luigi signs, if you so want, his comments with L.

Riccardo does so with R.

Long story short, there are 2 employees working on the comments section of the Lorenzo digital KS who are abel to communicate well in English and are updating their 2,154 backers frequently.

There is 1 employee working on the comments section for double the number of backers for Barrage who's English communication skills are not at the level needed for a project like this and who forgets about it for weeks.

That appears to have changed for the better. The newest initial (S for Sara) appears to be more active, and fluent in English, too. While it's too early to say "problem solved", it does looks like a possibly promising step in the right direction. We shall see...

Edit: Bah, you ninja'd my response to you...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara T.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! This is Sara
Happy to hear that, Becq.

Of course we are very sorry about what is happening with the low ratings of Barrage.
We know that a lot of backers are disappointed, and the Kickstarter page is the right place to discuss that.
It is not fair for the designers to receive low ratings as a result of the publisher's behaviour.

Anyway we respect everybody's opinion and we just hope that you will all give the game a fair rating when you play it.

There was indeed a problem of fake accounts giving it "1" ratings with no reason except anger. We talked with BGG and they helped us remove most of the fake "1"s.

We made a lot of mistakes during this campaign, but we believe that BGG rating system is for games and not KS campaigns. If you agree with that, think about changing or removing your low rate until you play the game.

Thank you and have a nice weekend.
S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara T.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BeloW06 wrote:

No idea what S stands for, but it's Superb that someone finally shows some signs of care to communicate with backers.

My name is Sara, but Superb sounds nice too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson Cox
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Miss_Meeple wrote:
BeloW06 wrote:

Hello Sara,
I am a backer. Could you please state what kickstarter promises you broke and how you plan to remedy it with backers? I haven't read the KS comments and honestly would be happier to hear about your short comings directly from you all since that is who I paid. The only one I am aware of is the April shipping date. Will it still only be available in retail 6 months after we receive it as promised?

Thank you,
Nelson
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara T.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GamingCoupleGA wrote:
Miss_Meeple wrote:
BeloW06 wrote:

Hello Sara,
I am a backer. Could you please state what kickstarter promises you broke and how you plan to remedy it with backers? I haven't read the KS comments and honestly would be happier to hear about your short comings directly from you all since that is who I paid. The only one I am aware of is the April shipping date. Will it still only be available in retail 6 months after we receive it as promised?

Thank you,
Nelson

Hello Nelson,
thank you for being a backer!
please follow the conversation on KS page, we are preparing an update about the production problems we had and solutions we found.

Also, it is easier for me to follow the discussion only on KS, please consider it your main source of information.

About the exclusive period, unfortunately we cannot offer you a complete exclusive for 6 months because we will have a first release at Essen. We underestimated the time needed for production and we didn't expect to encounter that many problems. It is our fault, due to lack of experience.

Thank you for your comprehension.
S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson Cox
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Miss_Meeple wrote:
GamingCoupleGA wrote:
Miss_Meeple wrote:
BeloW06 wrote:

Hello Sara,

Thank you,
Nelson

Hello Nelson,
thank you for being a backer!
please follow the conversation on KS page, we are preparing an update about the production problems we had and solutions we found.

Also, it is easier for me to follow the discussion only on KS, please consider it your main source of information.

About the exclusive period, unfortunately we cannot offer you a complete exclusive for 6 months because we will have a first release at Essen. We underestimated the time needed for production and we didn't expect to encounter that many problems. It is our fault, due to lack of experience.

Thank you for your comprehension.
S.
Thank you for responding Sara.

It is quite difficult to hear any facts from all the talk on KS. Please detail the issues here so everyone will only hear the actual issues and not something that may be worse by an unofficial source. Please post here when the details are released on KS because I don't want to follow the mob and feel down about this game, I am excited for it!

Also, Essen and other Convention purchases are fine with me as convention purchases will usually include KS exclusives, including this one, getting it early. Having the game at least 6 months ahead of Retail distribution is what we actually paid/backed for as the game has no exclusive content(of the base game, which is all I backed).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Bowen
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miss_Meeple wrote:

I'm sorry Sara, but this is simply not true. Cranio is choosing to keep their retail release date, they could (and I'm sure there are many reasons why that would be a difficult or even infeasible choice) choose to honor their commitment to the backers and push back the retail release, but they're not. It's not something they can't do, it's something they won't do. I'm not judging whether the decision was correct or not as I certainly don't have all the facts, but this gets right to the heart of the matter about being honest with backers. Pretending this isn't a decision Cranio made to prioritize retail customers over their backers only the very effort you specifically are so diligently committed to fixing. Cranio keeps asking for second chances, and saying "we'll do better in the future", but continuing to tell people this wasn't a choice shows me that Cranio hasn't learned from this mistake.

Because the bigger issue is not communication, but trust. If I'm going to pay money up front for a product, I have to have trust in the company making that product. Now, in light of Cranio's choice to not delay retail along with the production delays, I want to quote what Cranio put (and still has) under the Risks and Challenges section of the Barrage kick starter:

Quote:
Another content that we gonna give you is the exclusive 6 months of gameplay.
We are not going to sell copies to retailers in campaign nor immediately after the campaign ended.
Retailers will wait 6 months after that we sent last copy to our last backer.
We want to assure you backers an exclusive content for 6 months.

This is the very section of the kick starter where Cranio could've been up front and stated "We're releasing retail at Essen 2019 no matter what, but we'll make every effort to get you early access" or something to that effect. Instead, they doubled-down on this promise. They even said it would be 6 months after the last backer's game got shipped instead of being vague or stating "from the start of fulfillment".

My issue of trust with Cranio is simply this: How can I trust your company to honor any promise when you make this strong of a commitment to your backers and abandon it? This experience has taught me that Cranio (whether intentionally or not) treats backers like 2nd-class customers compared to retail, which is absurd when backers pay money in advance and have to make that decision with less information available at the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Essen is not retail and certainly not "sell(ing) copies to retailers".

This sort of thing happens for many KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Schippers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I totally agree with that.
When you say such strong words as:
-Game is ready to produce
-Guarantee 6 months exclusive play

Then you haven't done your homework when you can not deliver what you offered.

Cranio should have tested more.
Should have calculated more time for delay. Should have asked other KS companies how things are going or the expectations they have for delays.

I still hope the game will be good.
But regarding Cranio ....
They really have to tell the real truth if they want to get some reputation back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Schippers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
lfisher wrote:

Do you know what retail means.
Retail:to sell goods to the public
What do you do at Essen? Sell games to the public.
Besides shops are going to sell in november/december so that is still less then 6 months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brooks
United States
Katy
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rednas79 wrote:
lfisher wrote:

What do you do at Essen? Sale games to the public.
Besides shops are going to sell in november/december so that is still less then 6 months.

If Cranio is selling the games at their booth only, that's not selling it to retailers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Schippers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Frisches wrote:
Rednas79 wrote:
lfisher wrote:

What do you do at Essen? Sale games to the public.

If Cranio is selling the games at their booth only, that's not selling it to retailers.
They sell the game to the public.
They offered exclusive game play. So yeah they still break it.
That is just a fact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara T.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The real retail selling will start between Essen and Christmas.

Derek, you are right, in this position we are choosing not to lose the important presence at Essen.
We noticed that many backers did not care much about the exclusive period, but I understand some of you do. We couldn't keep our promises and it is our fault, but in this situation Essen is crucial for our business, that is why I wrote "we cannot" and that is why we are making this decision at company level, even if it makes us look bad.

S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Schippers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Miss_Meeple wrote:
The real retail selling will start between Essen and Christmas.

Derek, you are right, in this position we are choosing not to lose the important presence at Essen.
We noticed that many backers did not care much about the exclusive period, but I understand some of you do. We couldn't keep our promises and it is our fault, but in this situation Essen is crucial for our business, that is why I wrote "we cannot" and that is why we are making this decision at company level, even if it makes us look bad.

S.
i hope the sells price wil be as mentioned at the campaign page and not what we payd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GamingCoupleGA wrote:
Miss_Meeple wrote:
BeloW06 wrote:

Hello Sara,

Thank you,
Nelson

This will be intersting to hear.

So far, it was backers who had to analyze pictures and videos of Barrage to find out what they left out, down graded ect.

Then backers had to ask questions about it when Cranio stayed silent, until they came forward and admitted to not have produced certain thing or deliver on others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] |