Subject: Rating so low. Great game destroyed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sander Schippers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Becq wrote:
Rednas79 wrote:
You are referring to the "we are mainly ready to produce" that immediately followed the statement about needing to edit the rulebook further?

So you (in the general sense) are accusing me of carefully selecting comments that support my argument, while you focus on a statement made in a video by several of the now famously overly-enthusiastic employees that directly contradicts a series of specific statements made *in writing* that contradict it. Am I getting that right?

I'll say yet again: I'm not saying that they haven't screwed up. Repeatedly. But saying "But wait ... didn't you promise a 6 month exclusivity?" for the 11,390,255th time isn't going to change these two facts:
1) You didn't get your game in April 2019
2) Short of the shipment getting caught in a hurricane or a warehouse burning down, it is very likely that Essen attendees will be able to buy a copy in October 2019.

They promised both of those things, and will only follow through on one of those promises.

They said literaly that they were ready to produce except rulesbook.
I don't care wich employee said it.
They REPRESENT Cranio!
So that means everything is ready except fine tuning the rulesbook.
What part don't you understand with ready?
The whole game itself is ready! That means that ALL the game components are ready! (tiles, boards, waterdrops, coins, wheels etc etc.)
Nowhere later did they contradict the video message.

I say it again

They knew all this when they promised this. That is their MISTAKE!
They got two choises when they could not deliver in april.
The one they did now or don't sell at Essen. Once again it is their choise. Is it logical yes. But it is still a CHOISE to break the promise. Then accept the consquences.
Besides the broken promise they also made a rush production to sell at Essen.
So now i don't get the promise but also get a rushed production with clear errors.
They made a mess of it not me! It were their choises not mine how they handled it.

Here another nice example of producing to fast!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaQlg-jKndQ

What do i care about attendees at a fair?
I only care what they promised to backers not for future attendees at a fair.
I am backing Cranio not those attendees at a fair!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Forest Hills
New York
flag msg tools
Becq wrote:

Endless Apologia

Unless you are getting paid by Cranio I would implore you to take a step back, reanalyze the situation, and then ask yourself why you are shilling so hard for a company that continues to make you eat your words as blunder after blunder is revealed. This corporation is not your friend and I don't know what mindset you live in that you keep defending them like this, but it's not a good look. If you are going to keep this up, at least negotiate with them to get paid for your services.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Garmon
United States
Panama City
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a fairly reasonable person, but if my KS box arrives and doesn't properly fit the 3d board (as it appears it won't), then I'll hammer this game in ratings. Probably not a 1, but the gameplay will need to absolutely blow me away to overcome that big of an oversight in a meaningful way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo De basica
msg tools
mbmbmb
Well at least behind the "1" there is a reason.... it is more difficult to explain all 10 just to counter them, 10s provided middle 2018, or the last 10s in july almost everyone from italy included new account created 2 days ago....

How can somebody love a game 1 year before the whole rules are defined and fix. How can somebody love a game which never played,etc.. scoring for components, behaviours and ks are not missaligned with bgg rules so... if bgg accept it, who are these white knights who knows more that the bgg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Parsons
United States
Spring Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes i too have noticed a lot of these recent '10' ratings are from Italian accounts, just likely Cranio employees being shady again.. nothing new there sadly.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cgmcgm wrote:
Well at least behind the "1" there is a reason.... it is more difficult to explain all 10 just to counter them, 10s provided middle 2018, or the last 10s in july almost everyone from italy included new account created 2 days ago....

How can somebody love a game 1 year before the whole rules are defined and fix. How can somebody love a game which never played,etc.. scoring for components, behaviours and ks are not missaligned with bgg rules so... if bgg accept it, who are these white knights who knows more that the bgg.
Report the new 10 accounts, just like Cranio did for the fake 1s then.

lol: thebestever
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeloW06 wrote:
Report the new 10 accounts, just like Cranio did for the fake 1s then.

lol: thebestever
Agreed. Do you see any obviously fake '10' accounts? I looked through a few dozen possibles (ie, they hade few badges and such) and few were recent.

"Thebestever" is an exception, and I can't help but feel it's a false flag fake account, because if Cranio was "trying to be shady", it seems unlikely that they would pose as a fan while tagging themselves as working for Cranio. (I'm also impressed by the number of ratings Thebestever has posed in the last two days.)

The rest are spaced out enough that it seems more likely that someone played the game at a convention and decided to create an account to post a review. It's even possible Cranio suggested they do so, which is not unreasonable.

But yeah, fake accounts registered to create false ratings should be deleted -- regardless of which side of the Great Barrage War of '19 they happen to be on. And if I called the shots (which I don't), I'd also consider looking into tracing the IPs and banning real accounts for people posting those false accounts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Bowen
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cgmcgm wrote:

To be fair there are lots of reasons someone can rate a game before it's release. Conventions and prototypes allow people to play a full game prior to release. I refuse to rate any game I haven't played at least once but I've got at least 3 games I've rated that aren't "released" yet. It's entirely possible most of the high ratings are from demos at conventions or play testing. I'd expect those to be higher too because the expectations on component quality are far less when playing a prototype and none of the issues people are having with kickstarter are about the design or gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Schippers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I don't care about the low rating.
They doing it to them self. It is a good sign to the designers to think about other publishers.

They only say we look for it, think about, wait and see.

Waiting for answers about

- Digital rulebooks. They stil don't know wich language they are going to translate into....whistle
- Printed rulebooks in own language.

''Hi Guillaume, for now, they did not accept to print and deliver rulebooks in their languages.''

So are they still working on it or not?

- Information about those wooden drops takes very very long.
- Compensating. They still don't even know if they do it.
What takes them so long? Are they waiting for more problems to come?
Or do they don't have any intention at all.

It all just takes so long.
Wait and see, wait and see. We are already waiting 3 months after the promised date April 2019.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Andrukiewicz
Poland
flag msg tools
thebestever
this one looks to lame even for Cranio... Cranio games or games published by them on Italian market got 10's and 9's no low ratings, only two comments to ratings are for:
- Barrage
- Newton
This must be some kind of psycho fan creating fake account. Already reported it. I do not mind 10's or 1's as long as they are posted by real users. All fake 1's and 10's(and all other) should be removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those wheels look so thin and poorly produced... cry

gulp

Glad Cranio reassured us many times they will be of high quality...

I'll wait and see how mine will turn out, should it ever leave Asia snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno de Vries
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rating system doesn't seem to work for Kickstarter titles the same way it does for games published by other means. If the Kickstarter hype is managed well, ratings are inflated in many cases, and most people won't go back and reconsider the rating after a few plays. And even then buyer's bias remains.

But if a Kickstarter campain derails, like this one, the rating tanks because of users spamming 1's. I guess the chance of people revisiting their rating is higher in this case, but still. It proves how important it is not to lose touch with your user base. If ratings mean anything to you anyway.

I'll stand by my principle of only rating games that I've played. And I can only hope the majority of users here do the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Furniss
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It’s interesting that a few high ratings are now coming in from Asia where games have been delivered and possibly played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RobyaVP wrote:
It’s interesting that a few high ratings are now coming in from Asia where games have been delivered and possibly played.
Like the last three 10 votes from the UK (Vote against the ones), Italy (Close the internet, please.) or Belgium (Lots of salty people here)?

PS: There seem to be some high votes coming out of Japan (like this: "I was disappointed with the quality of the components too. But game is so interesting!")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Frahm
United States
Queen Creek
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
@FRAHMINATOR
mbmbmbmbmb
BeloW06 wrote:
"I was disappointed with the quality of the components too. But game is so interesting!")

That's what makes this disheartening... the game IS super interesting. My group loved our play of it. Hate that the quality of components will suffer in comparison to the gameplay. Would have hoped for the complete package.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Furniss
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sure, I’m hoping that component quality is not as bad as it seems. I have no expectation of high quality, like that of Renegade’s Terror Below (KS project funded 4 months after Barrage, delivered earlier than estimated and components are fantastic) as long as the components in Barrage are acceptable then I’ll rate the game more on what it’s like to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeloW06 wrote:
[
Like the last three 10 votes from the UK (Vote against the ones), Italy (Close the internet, please.)

Sadly the "Close the internet" 10 comes from Nestor Mangone, Luciani's codesigner on Newton (another Cranio game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Harding
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad." - Salvador Dali
badge
Mostly harmless
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:
BeloW06 wrote:
[
Like the last three 10 votes from the UK (Vote against the ones), Italy (Close the internet, please.)
Sadly the "Close the internet" 10 comes from Nestor Mangone, Luciani's codesigner on Newton (another Cranio game).
Personally I agree that this is sad, but it seems there are a lot of people who strongly support the idea that ratings are a personal choice and we shouldn't judge anyone for why they choose the ratings that they do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean if an irate customer reviews a game negatively because the components are bad or because the company has acted with incompetence or worse that’s at least useful information to potential buyers/backers of future Cranio KS.

Rating a game ten because you work with the people who made it or because you own the company who published it is just a shady business practice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson Cox
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's something they care about. It is their livelihood and for all of our sakes, I hope they make amends for it. They aren't making 100's of fake accounts to combat the ratings. They can have their 10 like you your 1. No one is winning with this right now and I hope sometime in the future we can appreciate Barrage for the great game it can be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course they have the right to give the game a 10 but to do so, especially when they’re not transparent in their comment that they have a personal relationship with the game/the company that makes the game, is a bad look. They could be doing proactive things to “make amends” and raise the game’s score organically but instead they’re increasing the rating in the laziest and least helpful way while posting comments that seem to not only ignore backer concerns but to openly mock them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frahminator wrote:
BeloW06 wrote:
"I was disappointed with the quality of the components too. But game is so interesting!")

That's what makes this disheartening... the game IS super interesting. My group loved our play of it. Hate that the quality of components will suffer in comparison to the gameplay. Would have hoped for the complete package.

And what is most disappointing is that they promised a high-quality production. A great game hiding behind mediocre components I can live with (and then either upgrade or hope for a deluxe edition). But when I’ve bought the deluxe edition, been promised deluxe, but I get mediocre components, that's super disappointing.

Ultimately I will judge it on the gameplay. But if my usual luck holds, that’ll suck too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
But when I’ve bought the deluxe edition, been promised deluxe, but I get mediocre components, that's super disappointing.
Man, I wish I had seen the deluxe edition advertised; was it only offered briefly? I ended up just getting the retail version with expansion and 3d board add-on instead, which was the best bundle available at the time...

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sum zero
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
RDewsbery wrote:
But when I’ve bought the deluxe edition, been promised deluxe, but I get mediocre components, that's super disappointing.
Man, I wish I had seen the deluxe edition advertised; was it only offered briefly? I ended up just getting the retail version with expansion and 3d board add-on instead, which was the best bundle available at the time...

whistle
why do you interact with others in this sarcastic and childish manner?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Garmon
United States
Panama City
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sumzero wrote:
Becq wrote:
RDewsbery wrote:

whistle
why do you interact with others in this sarcastic and childish manner?

It's because when you have to battle with semantics, you've already lost the debate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10  Next »  [10] |