United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Hello all,

We sold our last copy in the wee hours of the morning. Thanks to everyone for all your support and enthusiasm, it has been a wild ride.

We do have a plan for a reprint, but no date is set. We have another game we want to bring to KS in 2020, and the Sol reprint will likely be a component of that campaign.

When we started out we had no idea how much everyone would enjoy and appreciate our game. Thanks again. If you want a copy and did not get a chance, I hope your wait is not overlong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris H
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to giving it a buy when you return to Kickstarter. I've heard good things because it's quite different from other games on the market and was unfortunately not deep into the hobby when Sol was available (at least outside of the US).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rogers
United States
Yakima
WA
flag msg tools
badge
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.
mb
Congrats on selling out (wait that came out wrong)! Looking forward to what’s next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Nehwon
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game!

Still some of my favourite world building to date as well; love the companion lore book.

Looking forward to more from Elephant Laborotories
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Hjelmberg
Sweden
Saltsjö-Boo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! Sol is a great game that deserves a reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a copy back in February and finally got it played last month. I am extremely happy to have acquired a copy of this one before it sold out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Malo
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream I dream alone is reality.
badge
When I cease to dream, you cease to exist.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats!!

I had finally decided to pull the trigger and grab a copy before it was gone from existence and low and behold, I missed it by 2 days.

Thems the breaks sometimes. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the reprint!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walberto Smith
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The polish, ingenuity and aesthetic of Sol are amazing. Anything the Spangler Brothers put out will immediately grab my attention.

Congrats on the success!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Monk
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Congrats on a great, and beautiful, game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
prismofeverything wrote:
We do have a plan for a reprint

That is very good to hear. This is a very unique game that always should be available!

I look forward to your next Kickstarter campaign. Can you reveal a little about what kind of game you are going to give us?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is literally my number 1 game that no one knows about. It's magical, easily among top interaction heavy eurogames.

Glad to hear it's not gone for good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Glyn
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Twitter @kyleglyn reddit /u/kyleglyn
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I guess I won't have to waiver over whether to place an order or not anymore. cry

But I will be in line for the reprint. Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janx Spirit
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
Dang...just heard about this one. Sounded right up my alley. Went to buy...timing is everything.

Do you have an email list or anything to be notified of the reprint and new Kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jodi Sweetman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The best way to be sure you hear about the reprint will be to follow Ryan on Twitter @elephantnahpele or on FB at facebook.com/ElephantLabsGames

Hopefully in the meantime, you find your way to a game of Sol somehow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Brown
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw, my girlfriend moved in a month after I heard about this, and just found work, so I was looking back into it now that money won’t be so tight...bring on that reprint! I’m extremely disappointed about the timing, but glad for your success!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Peters
United States
Manchester
Vermont
flag msg tools
I had this on my want list for a while and just never pulled the trigger. I'm sad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aopisa wrote:
I had this on my want list for a while and just never pulled the trigger. I'm sad.

Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mikolajczyk
United States
Blue Knob
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good for you, Elephants!

This is an amazing game that deserves a reprint and better publicity. I've never had anyone play it and tell me they didn't enjoy it.

The striking quality of everything, the way it all just fits together both stylistically as well as mechanically is something I've not seen in many games. It feels like not one aspect of the component quality and choice was left to chance.

Plus...on top of that, its fun! Accessible too, I've taught several non-gamers, even took it with me on a work-trip and taught a whole room full of IT guys how to play without much trouble. It's deep, considered, and great to look at.

If your next offering is anywhere in the same ballpark, I'm incredibly eager to learn more.

Congrats on a milestone, and I do wish you all the best in getting this back out there in front of more people.

Regards,
Adam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fiona Wong
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I really wanted to buy my own copy after reading reviews but $50 shipping to my country (Malaysia) was just too much. Even a local FLGS was trying to bring it in to shop but the shipping was more than the game even in bulk.
Hopefully for next year's KS campaign you can look into getting VFI to do Asian fulfilment , there are a lot of Asian gamers in South East Asia ( Thailand Philippines Indonesia Singapore and Malaysia)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jodi Sweetman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Thank you for the lead on VFI! We will certainly look into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Solomon
Australia
flag msg tools
Looks like Australia was "rest of world" in the original campaign. If you could engage Aetherworks and look after us Aussies too that'd be great
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley van den Berg
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
mb
The hype seems just about right for a reprint for us unfortunates!!!!?!! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Gutcher
Canada
flag msg tools
Really hoping for a reprint, signed up for the retail notifications and everything, but unfortunately never could never do the deed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.