Hide
4 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: Discard piles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian T
msg tools
Are all discard piles supposed to be kept active between missions? I’ve been reshuffling each deck all cards after each mission ...

If so, would this apply to the map deck and threat decks as well? (Wouldn’t see the same enemy or tile for a long time?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lewis
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, you reshuffle each deck at the start of each mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian T
msg tools
Ugh. So what you’re saying is with bad luck I could draw the Cosmic Insignificance on multiple missions? My Bandido has already lost half his permanent sanity in two missions. 😢

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Keetlaer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the rules state to shuffle all decks thoroughly (!) before placing the decks on the table. Ugh, indeed.

What I do, however, is a little different.
I keep (most) decks in their trays during games. The (stackable!) trays we need are on the table; this way we don't need that much table real estate for all these decks.
We draw the cards directly from the tray, from the front of the deck.
There is only one discard pile during the game; all cards that are discarded end up in that same discard pile. After the game I sort all discarded cards by card back and put them under the appropriate deck, but in "open" orientation, making the lower part of the decks in fact one big discard pile between Missions.
As soon as I draw an "open" card I shuffle all cards from that deck that are in the tray. That way I create a newly shuffled deck only when necessary.

No, it is not RAW, but I like the House Rule Cycle through your Decks...

The exceptions to this are: Scavenge, Loot, some others (only decks without discard pile).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls