Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Watcha looking at?
mbmbmbmbmb
Membrillo wrote:
DragonCat wrote:

Eagle-Gryphon Games
We envision the deluxe edition of Struggle of Empires to share many of the characteristics of our recently-published Vital Lacerda games (Gallerist, Vinhos, Lisboa, Escape Plan, and On Mars) including box size and component quality. We are creating new art, a large and re-imagined game board, enhanced cardboard components, new wood components, and a larger box with a complete storage solution. Most importantly, we have also developed an updated rule book!
Great game, reprint, great news.

But, does SoE really need a Lisboa size box? Are the new wooden components the size of Indonesia? Can these questions be read literally? ninja
It doesn't, but they can't charge you the same price otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really wish there wasn't the perceived need to supersize games in new editions; the original game map was plenty big; its not like you had a ton of counters crowding each space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marty S wrote:
I really wish there wasn't the perceived need to supersize games in new editions; the original game map was plenty big; its not like you had a ton of counters crowding each space.
I believe you will be very pleasantly surprised with what we have in development.

I am awaiting some finishing touches on the prototype game board.
Once it is ready (in the next day or so) I will post again and will respond to the many helpful comments that have come in. This will include a post of the prototype game board.

Next week I play on posting the prototype tiles to go along with the new game board.

Kind regards
Ralph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pas L
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Nothing will come of nothing.
badge
Speak again.
mb
DragonCat wrote:
Marty S wrote:
I believe you will be very pleasantly surprised with what we have in development.
I believe you'll (sadly) be surprised to realise that many of us don't care if something looks great if it's bigger than it has to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betsu Nin
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonCat wrote:
Marty S wrote:

I am awaiting some finishing touches on the prototype game board.
Once it is ready (in the next day or so) I will post again and will respond to the many helpful comments that have come in. This will include a post of the prototype game board.

Next week I play on posting the prototype tiles to go along with the new game board.

Kind regards
Ralph
Any chance for an Spanish version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First, thanks for your comments for Struggle of Empires Deluxe Edition. I have noted them all down and they will be answered in a series of journal posts I will be making leading up to the Kickstarter launch August 15, 2019. It is better to answer them in context of what we have actually developed. I am very excited by the direction we have taken and I hope you will be as well.

As promised, I have uploaded the game map draft prototype to the images section (awaiting admin approval) and, more importantly, I have uploaded a post about the game board - the first in a series of journal posts I will be making:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2228836/egg-struggle-empire...

As a general answer, to wind this post down, I am committed to making the game as easy to play and as enjoyable as I can while maintaining the original design. There are some tweaks to a few of the standard game rules in this deluxe edition, but in every case these are either presented as a variant - or the tweaked rule will be identified and presented as a variant. This way players can choose the style of play they prefer.

As one example to show how many of the suggestions given will be treated, let's look at whether Unrest be open or concealed. I totally understand the arguments for having it open. However, in recent plays using both methods (open and closed), in my own humble opinion, I believe having Unrest hidden is a positive benefit to the game, especially at the end. It provides tension and it also speeds up the game at the end. Nevertheless, I have included a variant for open Unrest for those who prefer it. Open Unrest provides a legitimate game experience for those who prefer it.

Now, please check out the journal and leave your comments!

Kind regards,
Ralph

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Hays
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the cover!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me or are the many MW quotes on the KS page actually proof that EGG has kidnapped poor Martin and is holding him hostage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Hays
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Is it just me or are the many MW quotes on the KS page actually proof that EGG has kidnapped poor Martin and is holding him hostage?
If they've kidnapped Martin to republish all of his games via EGG Deluxe editions, I have no problem with that! Although, I'll keep my dear Warfrogs for sentimental value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
munihack75 wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
If they've kidnapped Martin to republish all of his games via EGG Deluxe editions, I have no problem with that! Although, I'll keep my dear Warfrogs for sentimental value.
We need a normal version of Goblin King!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO