Hide
5 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: Loot draws in Frontier Town missions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian T
msg tools
Do I draw for loot in these missions? Example : Bank Robbery - starts with one bank robber and each turn additional robbers are added. Does this mean one loot for the initial robber and additional loot ( up to max 3 ) for each additional batch of robbers that is added?

Or is there no loot at all because it’s a town mission vs a mines/other world Mission? (Which would suck because Town mission rewards ain’t that great!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Davydov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played yesterday 'Shooting in the Streets' and was wandering about the same question =) My conclusion was "no Loot".

There are no evidencies that any Loot cards should be drawn; there is not a word about this in the Mission results paragraphs; you draw Loot for Threat cards - but there are no Threat cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not just threat cards you draw loot for. You also draw them for each independent instance of Enemies being added to the board. This includes Darkness Cards, Encounters, Mutations - whatever. If you interpreted these rules strictly here, this is one giant Fight. So at the end of the Fight (which also happens to be the end of the Adventure) you get 1 Loot card for the starting Bandits and 1 additional Loot card every time extra Bandits are added to the Fight (note: this is not the same as saying "for each Bandit added to the Fight").

So yes, you will likely end up with three of them each.

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian T
msg tools
Thanks! That makes these missions sound much more appealing. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that I could be wrong here, since the topic isn't covered as well by the RAW as I would like. But given the data we DO have, I believe this interpretation to be most likely to be correct and it will take an official errata/FAQ to convince me otherwise (or a well-researched and reasoned argument that I hadn't yet considered).

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls