Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Finishing a game - Advanced Solo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
After you have fought the four mastermind tactics does the game end right away or do you do something with the actual mastermind card itself? Should it go into my victory pile at the same time as the fourth mastermind tactic?

When playing with two players we would always play out one more hand where we do not recruit or fight villains and the player with the highest hit + recruit would gain the actual mastermind card. Playing solo you would always win the mastermind card after defeating the last mastermind tactic so do you play out the fourth tactics requirements and then take both the fourth tactic and the mastermind card into your victory pile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kelly
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mastermind card (5th card in your scenario) is not taken in Advanced Solo play. When you defeat the fourth tactic you win!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smookler wrote:
After you have fought the four mastermind tactics does the game end right away or do you do something with the actual mastermind card itself? Should it go into my victory pile at the same time as the fourth mastermind tactic?

When playing with two players we would always play out one more hand where we do not recruit or fight villains and the player with the highest hit + recruit would gain the actual mastermind card. Playing solo you would always win the mastermind card after defeating the last mastermind tactic so do you play out the fourth tactics requirements and then take both the fourth tactic and the mastermind card into your victory pile?

Sounds like you were playing with the Final Showdown variant from the base set rulebook. There's a variant in the Dark City rulebook called Final Blow that has you actually fight the Mastermind a fifth time to fully defeat them and win the game.

Both are official variants only. Using standard rules, as mentioned above, only require you to defeat the Mastermind four times (or more if you're playing with a Mastermind that has resurrecting Tactic cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So... Dark City introduced Final Blow which requires you to fight the mastermind a 5th time with hit points before winning the game?

I was asking this question because I was posting scores with the June Back to Basics League. They have the following rule posted: "The League will use the Advanced Solo Mode rules from the Dark City expansion, but not Final Blow."

So following this leagues rule does that mean after I claim the 4th Mastermind tactic the game ends? So I will never be adding the actual Mastermind card into my Victory Pile correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smookler wrote:
So... Dark City introduced Final Blow which requires you to fight the mastermind a 5th time with hit points before winning the game?

I was asking this question because I was posting scores with the June Back to Basics League. They have the following rule posted: "The League will use the Advanced Solo Mode rules from the Dark City expansion, but not Final Blow."

So following this leagues rule does that mean after I claim the 4th Mastermind tactic the game ends? So I will never be adding the actual Mastermind card into my Victory Pile correct?

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.