Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Sokolowski
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this for the first time this weekend and personally had a horrible time learning it, even after I read the rules a couple times.

However, once I had to be the dealer and was able to walk slowly through the game without having the cards thrown at me, I suddenly understood what was happening. I called out all the card that were played and while I moved slowly I didn't stop at all.

Once I had a chance to do that twice the game really opened up for me and I actually gained a great understanding of the game. It is very fun, but was very confusing until I played the dealer...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sjoholm
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here, please move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Learning Curve Problems and Solutions
I taught this to several people at my office a couple of years ago. For a few of them, I used (I think) the teaching method suggested in the rules -- introduce new cards one at a time, go very very slowly before picking up speed, etc. It takes about a half hour to teach the game to somebody this way.

Some other players tried to simply jump right in and play.

All the people who were trained slowly loved the game. The people who tried to jump right in all hated the game.

It makes a difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

NT. Hong Kong
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Re:Learning Curve Problems and Solutions
Dave Sokolowski (#40361),
I still don't understand this game after all these years.
Can anybody tell us, in plain English, how to play it?blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.