Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks for looking.
badge
I am an orange blob, guaranteed to offend no one and everyone. You must be orangified.
mbmbmbmbmb
cvb2009 wrote:
beardandglasses wrote:
I am posting as much as possible.

It's not just about how many posts you are making, but what is the content of those posts. You have a similar number of posts as Beren, but I feel I have a much better picture of Beren's worldview than I do yours. Who do you believe out of the Daryld claims, me or ortho? Do you believe Paper's priest claim, or do you think SerWave could be priest?

I have a hard time believing PaperF at this point. I tend to side with Ortho...but there could be a classic evil calling evil evil going on as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paper Luis

Puerto Rico
msg tools
badge
Paper
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry all, I had a meeting a while ago! Irina and beard should be the lynches if cvb is not a wolf. I think Beren is good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mono
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be cool. Don't be all, like.... uncool
mbmbmbmbmb
[Dusk]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Player (7/9) - # - Voted by

cvb2009 - 2 - ortho_(2), PaperF(3)
ortho_ - 2 - cvb2009(4), Irina_Phoenix(5)
BerenCamlost - 1 - beardandglasses(6)
beardandglasses - 0 - PaperF(1)

Not Voting: BerenCamlost, whirlingdervish

Nightfall votes are denoted by an '*' after the player's name.

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Lynch time is at 2:00 PM BGG
Night Action deadline is at 3:00 PM BGG

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

beardandglasses - 1 - BerenCamlost(6)
cvb2009 - 1 - ortho_(4)
Irina_Phoenix - 1 - ortho_(5)
ortho_ - 1 - cvb2009(2)
PaperF - 2 - beardandglasses(1), cvb2009(3)

Not Voting: BerenCamlost, whirlingdervish

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mono
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be cool. Don't be all, like.... uncool
mbmbmbmbmb
[killed cvb2009]

Game over! Good wins!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paper Luis

Puerto Rico
msg tools
badge
Paper
mbmbmbmbmb
There you go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks for looking.
badge
I am an orange blob, guaranteed to offend no one and everyone. You must be orangified.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks for looking.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And good finally won
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neutrina

Pittsburgh
msg tools
I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.
badge
But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.
mbmbmb
Lolz - sorry, got caught up at work and forgot about this.

Yay! GG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks for looking.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, debrief time for the player on just his tenth game of WW online... how does one craft a "worldview" as a villager? No special powers, just stay out of the way sorta thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Sit tight, but the revolution's years away /I'm losing faith and I'm running low on things to say
mbmbmb
cvb, good battle - I'm sorry that you felt at times like I was just out-voluming you.

I've reflected on it over the past couple of days. I'm probably going to make a few changes to how I play in CC wars.

But for now, again - Thanks for the battle. I liked your notion of getting involved in the claims rather than letting good have all that space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks for looking.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ortho_ wrote:
cvb, good battle - I'm sorry that you felt at times like I was just out-voluming you.

I've reflected on it over the past couple of days. I'm probably going to make a few changes to how I play in CC wars.

But for now, again - Thanks for the battle. I liked your notion of getting involved in the claims rather than letting good have all that space.

Well, at least I was "siding" with your arguments
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fahl
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
No, I can't tell you....it's a secret.
badge
Mudflaps
mb
Nicely done Team Good and way to hang in there cvb! Sorry I wasn't more help.

Thanks to Dake and mono for modding. This was a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paper Luis

Puerto Rico
msg tools
badge
Paper
mbmbmbmbmb
Who was rhe corpse eater?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fahl
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Mudflaps
mb
PaperF wrote:

Ser. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks for looking.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaperF wrote:
There you go.

Sorry I doubted you...whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Sit tight, but the revolution's years away /I'm losing faith and I'm running low on things to say
mbmbmb
beardandglasses wrote:
OK, debrief time for the player on just his tenth game of WW online... how does one craft a "worldview" as a villager? No special powers, just stay out of the way sorta thing?

I will give you an example from this game on D2:

We had four GS claims on the table on D2 -

whirling=barry
ortho=daryld
cvb=daryld
paperF=priest, says oldhoss was a wolf

We have oldhoss who claimed villager and then died.
We have serWave who claimed nothing and then died.

So, we start our worldviews out with the data that's true in all worlds: whirling is Barry, and is good. We know because every dead person had a chance to counterclaim him but did not.

whirling=Barry

Now, there are two possible worlds: Either paperF is the priest or SerWave was. No one else can be priest.

So, I'm making two worlds:

paperF=priest world

whirling=barry
paperF=priest
cvb=daryld OR evil
ortho = daryld OR evil
oldhoss = wolf

irina/beardandglasses/serwave/beren all in the villager and evil pool.
This pool contains 1 evil, because oldhoss and one of cvb/ortho are evil. One of the evils between ortho/cvb and then the big pool is an aux, and one is a wolf.

SerWave=priest world

whirling=barry
serWave=priest
cvb=Daryld OR evil
ortho = Daryld OR evil
paperF = evil of some kind

irina/beardandglasses/beren/oldhoss, all in the villager and evil pool.
This pool contains one evil, because paperF is one evil and then the cvb/ortho is the second evil.

Here, we have no idea where the wolves are between those three pools.

So now we've got some worldviews built. The question is, which one do you like, and what does that make you want to do?

For instance, let's say you are really sold on paperF being good. If he is the priest, one wolf is down.

IMO, this inclines one toward wanting to lynch into ortho/cvb. We know we are not at must-lynch if paperF is the priest, because he saw a wolf dead on D1.

Since a wolf is dead, if we lynch the evil in the Daryld claimants, it might just end the game, which is what happened.

But instead, maybe you have your strongest conviction that either ortho or cvb are good.

You might build a world that looks like:

whirling=Barry
cvb=Daryld
paperf = priest or evil
serwave = priest or some non-wolf
ortho = evil
oldhoss = wolf (if paperF is evil) or villager

irina/beren/beardandglasses = villagers or evil
You know you've got an evil in SerWave and paperF. In this world, you are certain that cvb is good and ortho is evil. There is a chance that there are no evils in the last pool. Because SerWave could be aux if paperF is legit.

This world would probably incline you strongly toward lynching ortho. Because if paperF is evil, it might be must lynch.

Anyway, that's sort of how you try to build worldviews in a No Reveal game. It can take some practice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks for looking.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to write it out in such detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fahl
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Mudflaps
mb
ortho_ wrote:
beardandglasses wrote:

I will give you an example from this game on D2:

We had four GS claims on the table on D2 -

whirling=barry
ortho=daryld
cvb=daryld
paperF=priest, says oldhoss was a wolf

We have oldhoss who claimed villager and then died.
We have serWave who claimed nothing and then died.

So, we start our worldviews out with the data that's true in all worlds: whirling is Barry, and is good. We know because every dead person had a chance to counterclaim him but did not.

whirling=Barry

Now, there are two possible worlds: Either paperF is the priest or SerWave was. No one else can be priest.

So, I'm making two worlds:

paperF=priest world

whirling=barry
paperF=priest
cvb=daryld OR evil
ortho = daryld OR evil
oldhoss = wolf

irina/beardandglasses/serwave/beren all in the villager and evil pool.
This pool contains 1 evil, because oldhoss and one of cvb/ortho are evil. One of the evils between ortho/cvb and then the big pool is an aux, and one is a wolf.

SerWave=priest world

whirling=barry
serWave=priest
cvb=Daryld OR evil
ortho = Daryld OR evil
paperF = evil of some kind

irina/beardandglasses/beren/oldhoss, all in the villager and evil pool.
This pool contains one evil, because paperF is one evil and then the cvb/ortho is the second evil.

Here, we have no idea where the wolves are between those three pools.

So now we've got some worldviews built. The question is, which one do you like, and what does that make you want to do?

For instance, let's say you are really sold on paperF being good. If he is the priest, one wolf is down.

IMO, this inclines one toward wanting to lynch into ortho/cvb. We know we are not at must-lynch if paperF is the priest, because he saw a wolf dead on D1.

Since a wolf is dead, if we lynch the evil in the Daryld claimants, it might just end the game, which is what happened.

But instead, maybe you have your strongest conviction that either ortho or cvb are good.

You might build a world that looks like:

whirling=Barry
cvb=Daryld
paperf = priest or evil
serwave = priest or some non-wolf
ortho = evil
oldhoss = wolf (if paperF is evil) or villager

irina/beren/beardandglasses = villagers or evil
You know you've got an evil in SerWave and paperF. In this world, you are certain that cvb is good and ortho is evil. There is a chance that there are no evils in the last pool. Because SerWave could be aux if paperF is legit.

This world would probably incline you strongly toward lynching ortho. Because if paperF is evil, it might be must lynch.

Anyway, that's sort of how you try to build worldviews in a No Reveal game. It can take some practice!

This is a really good answer and example.

I usually draw these out on a notebook that I keep by the computer as I'm playing because I can't do it in my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks for looking.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe that's my problem...I try to rely on my aging brain to remember subtleties...Not good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We really were living in the Good Place.

Sorry I didn't show. True story - I literally dreamt that I'd woken up and posted a vote for cvb (Jedit and silverbonds were in the game, though, which should maybe have been a clue) but turns out I was asleep the whole time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
ortho_ wrote:

I think it felt worse given other's availabilities this game. Other than my interactions involving oldhoss, which I admit were lacking, I'm not sure I could have given more this game this week, regardless of alignment. Seemed like even if the situation was reversed, you and Paper were village leaders and there was a general level of apathy outside of that.

Yeah, I think there's an argument for that in this set. But being the last evil alive on D2 is always going to be tough (sorry Ser!). Unfortunate that people were ready to decide the moment I claimed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
oldhoss wrote:
Nicely done Team Good and way to hang in there cvb! Sorry I wasn't more help.

Thanks to Dake and mono for modding. This was a lot of fun.

Thanks oldhoss! D2 might have been a little different without my claim, but I think we were both pretty well POEd D1 regardless. We'll get 'em next time! devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
oldhoss wrote:
PaperF wrote:

Ser. cry

angry I even had the NK on Paper for like a minute. I just figured it would be easier to push Ser as unclaimed Priest if I got it wrong. I think today was done to cvb/ortho regardless though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paper Luis

Puerto Rico
msg tools
badge
Paper
mbmbmbmbmb
cvb2009 wrote:
oldhoss wrote:
PaperF wrote:

Ser. cry

angry I even had the NK on Paper for like a minute. I just figured it would be easier to push Ser as unclaimed Priest if I got it wrong. I think today was done to cvb/ortho regardless though?
And that's how I almost died on a N1 again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  20 , 21 , 22 , 23 , 24  Next »  [24] |