Mila V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Hi,
I am looking for an exciting cooperative game for my daughter. We own Outfoxed and like it. She plays a lot of games with us, so I am ok with something a bit more complex (up to the 8yr range for the minimum should be fine). Which of these two do you like better if you know both games?
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Daniels
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My five year old daughter didn't find forbidden island nearly as fun as pandemic, but she is really into medical stuff so the theme might have put her over the top. She said it is her new favorite game. I have not played treasure hunters but it might be worth trying pandemic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rousar
United States
Warrenville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
haha....poop
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played both with my son who's currently 8. We haven't played either for a while but when he was 6 yr old Forbidden Island was a little much for him. Everyone having different roles was a difficult thing to grasp and explain how we could each utilize each others role effectively. The rule set was simple enough but I found I was just telling him what to do.

With Ghostbusters there are multiple variations to make it harder/simpler and we play on the fairly easy mode and he has a blast just running around rolling dice and blasting ghosts.

You really can't go wrong with either though. In my specific case I just found Ghostbusters to be a bit easier for the younger crowd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anitra Smith
United States
Auburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend Ghost Fightin Treasure Hunters. There are fewer rules to be explained, and no "bad thing" is un-recoverable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Doolan
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Board Game Basics Podcast please give us a listen. A father and 9 yo
mbmbmbmbmb
Harry Potter hogwarts battle is a co-operative deck building game my young kids love as it is simple, no death and teaches as you go. They prefer this over forbidden......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mila V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide