Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guido Hansen
Germany
flag msg tools
Descent 2nd Edition Community Rules Reference Guide
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We started working on Agendas and Quest Perils for Labyrinth of Ruin! It will take a couple of weeks to complete.

Comments and suggestions in the Play-by-Forum thread that we are using for this are welcome!

We lost this quest miserably ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Morisette
United States
Northfield
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Nice! I hope to eventually be able to play all the campaigns in this format!

My cards should arrive in the mail this week. The format and organization of the files made it incredibly easy.

What is everyone using for basing the Reaper figures?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Hansen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been using laser-cut 20 mm MDF bases. These have the same dimensions as official bases for heroes and are incredible cheap (3 EUR for 75 bases). I have been using them for small monsters, too.

I glued some cat litter on the base of the sarcophagus guards and then spray-primed in black and white.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Binkley
msg tools
mb
Hey Sadgit, unfortunately, while playing Sands of the Past I just noticed a kind of significant error that I missed while proofreading. According to the Activation Card Sarcophagus Guards are supposed to spend surges to Blind, but on the monster card it is listed as Curse. Sorry I missed that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Hansen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we all missed this. Under "Surge Order" on Monster Activation card 58 front "Blind" should be replaced by "Curse".

Sorry for this oversight.

EDIT: I updated this card on the download page and in the MPC design. The design should be online again in a couple of hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I *just* became aware of this and I am extremely impressed. I read over all the options for printing the cards, but didn't see Heroes cards among them (not the classes, but the Heroes themselves). I like to shuffle/draw those to introduce a random element to Hero selection, so a passing resemblance to the official Hero cards is important to me.

How are other people handling this?

- Jee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Hansen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I could not find an online printing service to do the hero sheets with the correct dimensions. The best option for professional cards is to go to a local printing service and talk to these guys. The problem here is that it is difficult to get the alignment of front and back of the cards right.

You can also try to print at home on separate thicker sheets of paper or spray glue front and back together. Personally, I do photo printing front and back, cut to correct size, spray glue and use matte varnish to get rid of the shiny surface that photos tend to have. It's not perfect but good enough for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryann Turner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadgit wrote:
Unfortunately, I could not find an online printing service to do the hero sheets with the correct dimensions. The best option for professional cards is to go to a local printing service and talk to these guys. The problem here is that it is difficult to get the alignment of front and back of the cards right.

You can also try to print at home on separate thicker sheets of paper or spray glue front and back together. Personally, I do photo printing front and back, cut to correct size, spray glue and use matte varnish to get rid of the shiny surface that photos tend to have. It's not perfect but good enough for me.

There are also hero sized card sleeves that would help hide some of the differences.

Also, if you have replaced the CK heroes with the H&M pack heroes, you can use the old ones to paste the Sands one onto.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Binkley
msg tools
mb
I had Staples print mine but the size wasn’t quite right. I had to redo it like Sadgit suggested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Hansen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few suggested changes have been incorporated into SotP components:

- Modified Advanced Rumor card "The Sunken Temple" to remove duplicate sentence.
- Modified Agenda card 3A to clarify cursed warrior activation.
- Modified Monster Activation card 58A to replace "Blind" by "Curse" in Surge Order section.
- Modified rules and quest book accordingly.

Files have been updated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Binkley
msg tools
mb
Here are a few more things I found.

1. Not a huge deal but on Page 19 of the guide under Commands for Alric it says, "if a hero CARRYS..." It should be spelled "carries"

2. Back of Halls of Toil agenda card for Alric at the bottom right it says, "While not carrying the Sword of Prophecy - Move off the map..." This part should say "While carrying." It is correct already in the guide.

3. Peril Deck for The Sunken Temple is different on the agenda card from the guide. The guide has an additional Minor Peril before the Quest Peril.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Hansen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I will release a version addressing these changes by mid-August.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Binkley
msg tools
mb
Hey Sadgit, you don't have to respond to every post because I know you're busy. I found one more error. On the Fire Imps activation card there are two #3 dice symbols. On the top left activation on the back it should be a #2 die symbol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Binkley
msg tools
mb
Hey guys,
I’ve been playing Heirs of Blood RtP and I like to go back through your PBF after each quest to compare and make sure I played things correctly. I noticed a few items from your PBF that weren’t addressed by RtP that I thought you might want to review for future updates.

1. Rise of Urthko - E2 - in your PBF there was a rule to not place Ettins as normal since the tile number is right next to the heroes. Normal placement gets the Ettins slaughtered immediately. I think that is a good rule to place the Ettins as far as possible from the heroes.

2. Rise of Urthko - E2 - I know you don’t want to get too confusing with crazy rules but the red tokens that recover health are wasted if they are chosen in the first few turns. Maybe a rule could be added that if a red token is turned over it is used during the first activation after Urthko suffers hearts in addition to choosing another token as normal for that round.

3. From the wreckage - in your PBF monsters can move through doors as normal for RtP but the quest directions specifically contradict this so a note might be helpful

4. From the wreckage - after the ruse there are no activation instructions for Eliza. Specifically whether she uses the regular action list or if she will use the Scorpion’s Kiss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Grudtcin
Russia
flag msg tools
Can add 2 new peril cards: "call Raven Flock" and "call Scourge"? Similar to "Whispers in the Wind".

p.s. sorry by my bad English
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Ren6175 wrote:
Hey guys,
I’ve been playing Heirs of Blood RtP and I like to go back through your PBF after each quest to compare and make sure I played things correctly. I noticed a few items from your PBF that weren’t addressed by RtP that I thought you might want to review for future updates. [...]
Thank you David! We will take notice.

Falsum wrote:
Can add 2 new peril cards: "call Raven Flock" and "call Scourge"? Similar to "Whispers in the Wind".
That's a neat idea, Anton! Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading through the rules I'm unfortunately confused by the "Prepare Trap Deck" part on page 5: "Retrieve all Trap cards associated with the base game and with all expansions you own; then return all other Trap cards to the game box..."
If I retrieve all Trap cards, then what other Trap cards are left to return to the game box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Azikin wrote:
If I retrieve all Trap cards, then what other Trap cards are left to return to the game box?

None of them, in that case.
If you have a complete collection, all Trap cards make sense for you (you won't find references in them to Conditions or monsters you don't have the components for).

If you lack - for example - both The Chains That Rust and Mists of Bilehall, then the trap card Aeons' Voice must be put back in the box, because it gives you the Terrified condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Hansen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading it closely again I think "Retrieve all Trap cards associated with the base game and with all expansions you own." would have been sufficient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Binkley
msg tools
mb
Hey guys, can you take a look at this quest “Lord of the Flame.”? In your PBF it appears that LMF only gets one move action but I don’t see anything on the agenda cars to indicate a limit. At first I thought maybe you were using an action to open the door but on his next turn you only move him 4 spaces again. I mean, honestly without a rule limiting him to one move or making him open a door, the quest would be over too quickly so it makes sense. I just didn’t see it mentioned anywhere.

“Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) » Forums » Play By Forum
Re: Descent campaign 40: Heirs of Blood (RtP)
Agenda Card for Lord of Flame - Encounter 1

Peril deck
Minor Peril > Minor Peril > Major Peril > Major Peril > Deadly Peril

Special
Lord Merick Farrow cannot move further away from the Exit. Skip all Engage commands if Lord Merrick Farrow is within 3 spaces of a hero. When channeling fire or water, flesh moulders place the new flood or fire marker in the space furthest away from any hero.

Commands
Lord Merick Farrow
: Move off the map through the Exit.
*Focus

Flesh Moulders
If less than 4 fire markers or less then 4 flood markers are on the map:
: Engage the closest faceup flood or fire marker with less than 4 markers of that type on the map.
*Focus
: Channel fire or water.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Hansen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in the quest description under Special Rules:
Quote:
Lord Merick Farrow may move off the map through the Exit, but cannot move more than 4 spaces during his activation.

A few suggested changes have been incorporated into SotP components:

- Modified Advanced class card "Empathic Resolve" to add "to your".
- Modified Monster Activation card 3B (Elementals) to correct wrong duplicate die.
- Modified manual page 5 to clarify setup of Trap deck.
- Added Trap cards to Small cards (v1.2) zip.

Files have been updated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Binkley
msg tools
mb
Sadgit wrote:
It's in the quest description under Special Rules:
Lord Merick Farrow may move off the map through the Exit, but cannot move more than 4 spaces during his activation.

Oops. Duh. I forgot about the actual quest rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Grudtcin
Russia
flag msg tools
Blood and Betrayal, Agenda Encounter 3, Quest Perils:
missed dice 1-2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Binkley
msg tools
mb
Volucrix Reavers need 5-6 Reroll symbol on front.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Binkley
msg tools
mb
Edge of Dawn EII (28b) should say lord Merick farrow for completing the ritual.

edit: also, Edge of Dawn EII (28a) has the wrong peril decks. It has the peril decks for EI. They are correct in the book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |