Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Sands of the Past - Release rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Binkley
msg tools
mb
Sadgit wrote:
I started with Photoshop as there are good templates available for most offical card types. The design of Agenda cards and Monster Activation was done in InDesign which is much better for creating decks of cards.

Hello Sadgit,
Would it be possible for you to share one of your files/templates for the agenda cards and monster activations? I'm not sure if that is possible with the InDesign program. I got the other Lieutenant activations from DelphiDie and I'm kind of messing around with The Trollfens. I can create something on my own, but if you're willing to share and you can, I would appreciate it.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Binkley
msg tools
mb
Hey guys,
I’m getting ready to play Blood and Betrayal Encounter III. In both your PBF campaigns you defeated Eliza without opening the doors and triggering the open groups. I know you discussed it in the forum but you never put in any rules to deal with it. It seems like any human OL would want to delay to put more hearts on Tyrus if the heroes were too chicken to move forward. Any specific thoughts on why you didn’t address this on the agenda card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Hansen
Germany
flag msg tools
Descent 2nd Edition Community Rules Reference Guide
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We simply did not come up with something good to address this issue.
The general feeling was that the encounter itself is not that easy even if Eliza recklessly advances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Binkley
msg tools
mb
Sadgit wrote:
We simply did not come up with something good to address this issue.
The general feeling was that the encounter itself is not that easy even if Eliza recklessly advances.

I was thinking about something simple like Eliza can't advance past the doors until they are open. I will try it both ways. It seems that especially with the Farrow brothers already being dead it might be too easy, but maybe you and Pom just make it seem so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Hansen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to deal with Eliza's teleport activation somehow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Binkley
msg tools
mb
Yes, we’ll, I just skipped Lost in the Manor because that would have put her directly between 3 of my heroes and allowed me to break the bond in the second round. The other activation at least puts her back.

I finished the quest and won. It was fun and close but only because of Morale. It isn’t easy to go through 3 encounters with 4 morale and ActII monsters. I think the balance is right if you let Eliza move and use morale.

It might also be interesting to play the final quest (all 3 encounters) without morale but then prevent Eliza from moving past the doors. Tyrus had 6 hearts and I still had 5 fatigue tokens to discard so I wasn’t really in danger of losing that way.

Either way though you can’t use the activation where she switches places. That would totally kill the story.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Binkley
msg tools
mb
DelphiDie wrote:
One thing that wouldn't be too hard to add are 3 additional activation cards which contain the 3 generic activations for each type.

I’m trying to integrate these into my windows app for Road to Peril. In your opinion how often should these appear? Since I’m using a computer and not dice I can change the probabilities. For example, the generic activations could be tied to one number like “7” then if a “7” is rolled then it could randomly choose between the generic activations. So the generic activations would be 1 out of 7 odds. Or I can make each generic activation a die result by itself so that the odds would be 3 out of 9 for a generic activation.

Any thought?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Hansen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe 30% generic actiovation I would say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Binkley
msg tools
mb
I'm almost done with the next update of my app. I'm working on all the generic activations. What type of fighter would you choose for Sarcophagus Guards and Burrowing Horrors? They can be brawler, skirmisher, ranged, or none.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Ren6175 wrote:
I'm almost done with the next update of my app. I'm working on all the generic activations. What type of fighter would you choose for Sarcophagus Guards and Burrowing Horrors? They can be brawler, skirmisher, ranged, or none.

Hi David! Thank you again for your work!
I'd wait Zaltyre for a more official response, but I see Sarcophagus Guards as brawlers and Burrowing Horrors as skirmishers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  |