Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brü Meister
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I find this game quite interesting and of course, I must have it!
Popped onto their website and started pre-ordering and nearly had a heart attack at the total price.
To purchase all 3 starter packs and 1 adventure pack it costs 64 pounds (stupid British money).
In terms of dollar amount - that is roughly $126 Canadian and $130 US (our dollar is now worth more than the US dollar)
Shipping is included in that price (around $30 US).
Here in Canada - I would still have to pay tax on that and also import charges (who knows how much that would be). Don't know what importing to the US would cost.
Is this game worth all that money? (Remember, you would get 8 free booster packs with your order if you pre-order by November 25th.) My answer is definitely not ---Yet.

I think I am going to wait until my FLGS brings it in and see how much it costs then.
What do you think???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with you there. Very interesting looking game but that's too much money right now. I'll wait until it gets to the states.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb

That's a lot.

I have to believe the price of games of high production quality, produced in Europe are going to be going up very soon. Game prices haven't gone up nearly as much as the Euro recently and consumers are going to feel it soon. Gonna make those cheap Chinese boards more common I'm afraid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
brumeister wrote:
To purchase all 3 starter packs and 1 adventure pack it costs 64 pounds (stupid British money).

Not the site I'm looking at.

For one, the prices I see are in Euro.

For two, all starters and 1 adventure = 53.2

Euro.

That's $75USD or $73CDN.

US shipping adds 15 Euro for me, which is $21USD.

I don't see where you got your totals or the pounds...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brü Meister
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ah, Geo - you are correct.
Prices are in Euros.
Still, the price (including shipping - which is 15euros) to Canada is 68.2euros - which converts to $87.98 Cdn.
That still does not cover what I would have to pay regarding duty taxes and import charges.
To me, this still seems high - roughly $90 bucks for some cards??? Granted the artwork looks fantastic - but ...

I know that I have spent more for some CCG's that I play - but it seems like this game will be less of a booster buying frenzy.

Still not sold on this game only because of the price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I just cut $40 off the price and you're still not happy?

I promise you the game will not be free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Insight Games
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
mb
Brü, currently the exchange rate between euros and dollars really hinders our sales overseas. That's something we can't fight against.

But you have to consider the good deal to buy just more of 90€ of cards (for exemple a "group-order" with some friends), shipping will then be free.
Consider also that the game has no rare and thus cost way less than other CCGs to build a competitive deck.

When you order for the 3 starter packs, the adventure pack and some boosters to complete the 90€ cart, you have in your hands 6 different characters playable, which could then build 6 different competitive decks AND you have the adventure pack. Lots of combinations of play (1vs1, 1vs1vs1, 2vs2, in simple battle or in "adventures"). And once again, no rare cards means you'll have next to every cards of the starting game, if you are decently lucky. Few exchanges will complete your collection if needed.

I hope it clarifies some points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brü Meister
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Insight games,
Thanks for the response.
The exchange rate is not my worry - I think for the price and what you all get for it will ultimately be worth it.
What I am not sure about is the import fees from Canada customs and how much they will charge me.
Anyway, the point is mute as I am pre-ordering the game today.
When the game gets here I will update this post with all the shipping charges, duties, fees, taxes, levies, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Wood
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brumeister wrote:

...Anyway, the point is mute as I am pre-ordering the game today.
When the game gets here I will update this post with all the shipping charges, duties, fees, taxes, levies, etc.

wow.

Now here is an example of a fully game-obsessed geek. You have no clue how much the final cost is going to be but you are going to do it anyway! Sir, I salute you!

(Now don't lie....the only difference in the price you originally thought it was going to be and the price you now understand it to be is only that you would have waited another week with the NEED gnawing your insides before making the purchase anyway.) laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.