Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Maleki
United States
Lakewood
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group needed to play a fast couple of games within an hour. After the usual "what about. . . " we decided on Mille Bornes. I was partnered with the sweet, cute, and charming Little Lauren. The other team was the dreaded Brothers Pacheco. The first round saw double L and I locked down with all but two of the hazard cards played on us and stuck looking for a spare tire. The brothers, especially Michael, love to destroy the cars of others. With better than 75% of the pack gone and us still not having play a single mileage card, Mike and David passed on the completing a trip with a 200 miles card. The wanted the extra 300 points from the safe trip despite the fact that they had the 500 bonus from a shutout. Then it happened. David played a 50 miles card to push the brothers to 950 and we found that tire in the trunk. Then it was time to more. I played both my 200’s and Little Lauren came through with 4 100’s. I followed up with all that we had left, another 175 miles. Although her and I could not complete the trip, it was quite satisfying to see their greed hold them back. Final score of the round our 1375 to their 1850. Then came hand number two, in which it was our turn to do a little damage. The brothers were unable to recover and double L and I put down a safe trip with three coup-fuorre cards. This put the score at a comfortable 4275 for us and 1975 for them. The final hand was a race to the finish line for the hand, but again with the 1200 point bonus from three counter attacks, we were the victors. The final score of this utter defeat of the brothers was 6875 to 2825. Because of its randomness and lack of real strategy, the game is truly an “exercise in dice rolling” as my good friend once put it. Despite this, it’s nice when the cards come up in our favor and the game is still fun to play when time is short.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.