Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So...what does this subject line (and thread) actually mean? Is there a new version/expansion of TtR with a Poland map being released on August 23? If so, that's cool. If not, this thread should be corrected or deleted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
wamboyil wrote:
If not, this thread should be [...] deleted.
Much like the OP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AnClive ??
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
wamboyil wrote:
If not, this thread should be [...] deleted.
Much like the OP

Hello, i wish to apologise.

I created this thread in too much excitement of the fact a new ticket to ride map pack is coming, but soon realised that it was releasing in Poland and in Polish first on 23rd August.

I tried deleting my original post but it seems once someone comments then i cannot and just made more of a mess. I reported the thread to an admin for deletion.

Sorry.

Here is the original information:

What distinguishes this add-on?

Each map of the series "Get on the Train" is characterized by individual rules that affect the course of the game and the planning of movements. In the case of the map of Poland, it is the improvement of communication between neighboring countries. In addition to connecting cities, our routes can also reach border crossings, and thus connect neighboring countries. If we manage to create such a connection in our turn, we select the top cards from the special stacks of both countries. Their point value is arranged in descending order, which means that the players who are the first to draw cards can count on a higher point bonus.

https://www.rebel.pl/product.php/1,1295/110583/Wsiasc-do-Poc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan R. Moon
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
designer
There is a TICKET TO RIDE POLAND, and it will be available in August in Poland. It will only be in Polish and there are no plans to release an English Edition. But there is only one rule change which involves connecting the countries that border Poland to each other, so the fact it is in Polish should not prevent anyone from being able to play it. There has been some talk about making a very limited number of copies available in North America but that has not been confirmed. I have the feeling someone in Poland will be offering to ship to the USA or selling it on EBay.

Alan R. Moon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Woah! The collector in me is screaming...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Carlisle

Illinois
msg tools
mb
GabrielGeek wrote:

Woah! The collector in me is screaming...

In me too! I'm just looking forward to getting my hands on TtR London...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
alanrmoon wrote:
There is a TICKET TO RIDE POLAND, and it will be available in August in Poland. It will only be in Polish and there are no plans to release an English Edition.
Just like T2R Nordic was only going to be available in Scandinavia. Just keep asking for it, and it will be available in the rest of the world (hopefully).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan-Jaap Ruigrok
Netherlands
Sassenheim
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Alan,

Are there any plans for a new map pack? I just can't get enough ticket to ride maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BLIND PEW
Wales
BRECON
Powys
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too!
I've just bought a bundle to play on steam too.
Any chance of a fan expansion program for steam?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Mason
England
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why does it need deleting or apologising for?

I came on looking for information on just this subject - there’s no distinct game for this yet.

Hopefully be able to grab a copy before I leave Poland then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnClive wrote:
Hello, i wish to apologise.
No need to apologize. You did a good thing by starting the thread.

It's great you got excited about a game you like and posted your inquiry, even if you had limited information.

Even Alan Moon, the creator of TTR, responded in the thread so surely it can't be too far amiss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Arnemann
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
alanrmoon wrote:
...and it will be available in August in Poland.
Where / from which distributor?
At least for EU-countries any polish internet-shop should be sufficient to buy a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. z.
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rebel - https://rebel.pl - is the TTR publisher here in Poland. No doubt the game will be available in their online shop, and they ship worldwide, just like many other Polish stores.
Link to preorder - https://www.rebel.pl/product.php/1,1295/110583/Wsiasc-do-Poc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Arnemann
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
Aville wrote:
Link to preorder
Thanks a lot!
But it seems I have to wait a bit. Preordering in Polish is a bit beyond my language skills - I had to surrender after the second page ;-)
And switching the shop to English means the game disappears, probably not yet set up for international customers.

But that's ok, I just will recheck every some weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls