Hide
7 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: Swamp Slugs ranged attack? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian T
msg tools
What is it? They hit at range on 4+, but there is no range, number of shots or damage for the ranged attack listed in the abilities section.

I do see a “Range 10 Shots 1 Damage 3 (ignore defense)” in the Elite Chart but it looks as if it links to the Spitting Acid elite ability. Is that what I should use for normal ranged Slug attacks as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Why
msg tools
Briant13 wrote:
What is it? They hit at range on 4+, but there is no range, number of shots or damage for the ranged attack listed in the abilities section.

I do see a “Range 10 Shots 1 Damage 3 (ignore defense)” in the Elite Chart but it looks as if it links to the Spitting Acid elite ability. Is that what I should use for normal ranged Slug attacks as well?
Yeah, the Spitting Acid elite ability is just that - their ranged attack. If they don't have that elite ability, they simply don't have a ranged attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian T
msg tools
So, ironically, a slug with that elite ability might be easier to deal with than a regular version because it would stay at distance. It would have less chance to hit and my heroes could possibly remain far enough away to not take the horror hits

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Briant13 wrote:
So, ironically, a slug with that elite ability might be easier to deal with than a regular version because it would stay at distance. It would have less chance to hit and my heroes could possibly remain far enough away to not take the horror hits

Not really, the spitting attack, as stated, is in addition to its normal attack. So it would make a ranged attack at the start of its activation, then move as normal (if not already adjacent to a Hero) and then make a close combat attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian T
msg tools
Ahhh now I get it. Thanks for the clarification.

I totally understand that my posse is about to get pounded into mush thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Keetlaer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could it be this would better be placed in the forums of Shadows of Brimstone: Swamp Slugs of Jargono Enemy Pack? This way nobody will find it through BGG at the location where one would look...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Gustavel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
The city of the Ancients board is the primary board for SoB. The FoFo core set board gets some traffic too, but beyond that, nobody looks at any of the others. A question in one of the expansion’s forums would probably never get answered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls