Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
898 Posts
[1]  Prev «  32 , 33 , 34 , 35 , 36  Next »  [36] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Matrix 9er XXXII rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neutrina

Pittsburgh
msg tools
I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.
badge
But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.
Avatar
mbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
Irina_Phoenix wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
The fact that you seem to have zero paranoia about the notion that anyone could have pocketed you or anything like that isn't exactly thrilling.

I don't remember saying that, so... goo

Pretty sure you've never wavered on Van all game. Feel free to show me where you have =)

And you seem pretty unconcerned about Royal having pocketed you or just being evil and wanting to kill Aum there.

I don't understand perspective here? How do you see me pocketing Irina? I didn't like her calling me good d1. She had a better d2 than you did and that was enough to swing be back to Aumerle over Samool end of day.

I explained things having seen Rina's response in a far less annoyed mindset poorly.

Pocketed isn't really the right term. I don't know if there is one, but Rina seemed to me to just flip to you being good because you had the same thought process as her in yesterday's lynch of a good. I understand her explanation, but if I were in her shoes I would be absolutely paranoid that Royal was evil and in essence being a echo chamber to my thoughts to lynch a good. I didn't think I saw any sort of paranoia, which worried me.

It may have been expressed and I missed it, or it may have been internally expressed - but that's what I was trying to say. Not that anyone, Van or you had pocketed her, because that wasn't quite the right term.

got it, I think.

she's expressed a good read on me since d1. I'm still worried about the initial read more than the d2 stuff.

Initial read was a D1 read and why not go with it?

Current read is stronger but it could still be you. You or SamoolIm guessing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neutrina

Pittsburgh
msg tools
I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.
badge
But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.
Avatar
mbmbmb
Thoughts on me being about to NF Rorab?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Positivity is fucking rad
badge
So is Pokemon
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You're going to refuse to even try to see anything I do as coming from a good perspective, and come up with anything to make it off as if I'm evil, so go for it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Player (5/9) - # - Voted by

The_Rorab - 1 - Irina_Phoenix(2)
Vanderscamp - 0 - Samool(1)

Not Voting: RoyalApe, Samool, The_Rorab, Vanderscamp


Nightfall votes are denoted by an '*' after the player's name.

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Lynch time is at 3:00 PM BGG
Night Action deadline is at 4:00 PM BGG

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

Irina_Phoenix - 1 - The_Rorab(2)
Samool - 1 - Vanderscamp(1)

Not Voting: RoyalApe, Samool, The_Rorab, Vanderscamp
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Positivity is fucking rad
badge
So is Pokemon
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
You're going to refuse to even try to see anything I do as coming from a good perspective, and come up with anything to make it off as if I'm evil, so go for it.

Basically, just do it and end the game. Because I don't see any chance in hell I could convince you to vote with me if I were to NF on an evil.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neutrina

Pittsburgh
msg tools
I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.
badge
But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.
Avatar
mbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
Samool wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
Samool wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:
Samool wrote:
Irina_Phoenix wrote:
Obviously I think it's Rorab and Samool guys


I’d be pretty happy if you nightfalled irina here!

Ill nightfall Irina if you nightfall Royal

Despite feeling like I'm the beneficiary of this trade, I don't think it's a good idea - or more than that I'd have to insta-NF one of the two just in case they're both evil and vote anyone for the LHLV win.

Oh thats true, i didnt think about them both being evil

OH, I get what he's implying now. That if Irina/I are a team and vanders/samool are good with locked votes on separate evils - irina/I could get LHLV on a separate good.

I dig that perspective.

Oh wow. Wait. I hadn't processed this.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Irina_Phoenix wrote:
Thoughts on me being about to NF Rorab?

I would rather you take a breath and reevaluate vanders.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neutrina

Pittsburgh
msg tools
I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.
badge
But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.
Avatar
mbmbmb
I am trying.

You keep saying things hat misrepresent thing that happened.

Vanders never said he's 100% sure I'm evil.

I didn't flip to having a good read of Royal after the last LC.

Like - I don't like these things you are saying about me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Irina_Phoenix wrote:
I am trying.

You keep saying things hat misrepresent thing that happened.

Vanders never said he's 100% sure I'm evil.

I didn't flip to having a good read of Royal after the last LC.

Like - I don't like these things you are saying about me.

The comment you pulled from vanders was from early/mid d2. He's been pretty hotly focused on you today - either you nightfalling somebody or somebody nightfalling you.

Obviously not calling you 100% evil - but it's still very agenda heavy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neutrina

Pittsburgh
msg tools
I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.
badge
But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.
Avatar
mbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
Irina_Phoenix wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
The fact that you seem to have zero paranoia about the notion that anyone could have pocketed you or anything like that isn't exactly thrilling.

I don't remember saying that, so... goo

Pretty sure you've never wavered on Van all game. Feel free to show me where you have =)

And you seem pretty unconcerned about Royal having pocketed you or just being evil and wanting to kill Aum there.

I don't understand perspective here? How do you see me pocketing Irina? I didn't like her calling me good d1. She had a better d2 than you did and that was enough to swing be back to Aumerle over Samool end of day.

I explained things having seen Rina's response in a far less annoyed mindset poorly.

Pocketed isn't really the right term. I don't know if there is one, but Rina seemed to me to just flip to you being good because you had the same thought process as her in yesterday's lynch of a good. I understand her explanation, but if I were in her shoes I would be absolutely paranoid that Royal was evil and in essence being a echo chamber to my thoughts to lynch a good. I didn't think I saw any sort of paranoia, which worried me.

It may have been expressed and I missed it, or it may have been internally expressed - but that's what I was trying to say. Not that anyone, Van or you had pocketed her, because that wasn't quite the right term.

The echo chamber of thoughts to lynch a good is also not how this went down.

Royal was voting opposite me most of the day.

And I made a last minute post and he made a last minute post which were both actually too late to respond to.

And the only way it could be an echo chamber to lynch a good is if samool is also good and *I* don't know if that's true.

You are remembering things differently than me and saying things in a way that IMO don't describe what happened, but do make me look eviller.

How am I not to freak out about this?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neutrina

Pittsburgh
msg tools
I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.
badge
But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.
Avatar
mbmbmb
I'm pretty used to Good Vanders trying to lynch Good Irina, so Im tuned into the nuance between "What is Irina not evil?" Over and over & "I am dead set-certain Irina is evil and I am doing nothing else with my life."

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neutrina

Pittsburgh
msg tools
I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.
badge
But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.
Avatar
mbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
Rina, I DON'T want someone to NF on you. I don't think you're evil. I'm worried Vanders IS evil, and trying to get someone else good to NF on you for the win - because he's being all talk and no game.


You don't think I'm evil???

I am 100% floored because so many of your posts feel like shade on me.

Bleh I'm confused
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neutrina

Pittsburgh
msg tools
I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.
badge
But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.
Avatar
mbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
Irina_Phoenix wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
Irina_Phoenix wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
There's one thing that gives me a lot of pause.

Van - why, when you think NFing today is the correct strategy, do you seem like you don't actually want to NF? You said it yourself - you've been so sure Irina is evil all game, you've been trying to get her lynched from the beginning - you said it can help when others don't seem to be considering the evil as a way of almost forcing consolidation.

Yet, you say I should NF her. Yes, I expressed a desire to NF and you may have been advising. I dig that. I just don't understand why you don't seem to want to put your money where your mouth is about what you think is the optimal strategy, especially when you're so confident Irina's evil and that we're all missing it. When Samool talked about NFing you told him he should NF Irina.

I know you said your preferred scenario is for Irina to NF someone, she has said that won't happen under any circumstance.

So what are you waiting for? Because it feels like what you're waiting for is for someone else to do it for you.

I'm not sure I want to NF anymore.

I don't like this.

Vanders - don't NF on me.

I will NF on someone if you are about to NF on me, Vanders.

Literally Vanders has been TELLING everyone to NF you and you have a problem with me calling him out?

Yes.

I have a problem with "you've been so sure Irina is evil all game."

Obviously that's not true.

He hasn't nightfalled me, and I've just quoted a post literally of him saying he's not sure I'm evil.

And obviously I'm good (I know this anyway) so I have a problem w anyone being encouraged to NF me.

If your problem with my saying Vanders has been calling you evil all game is to nitpick my wording then I don't know if there's any point continuing this.

I DO think that this hyperbole matters in a game where we try to convince people our opinions are right and use the evidence of others' actions.

I think it's very justifiable to be concerned about this.

I'll take into account that you see it as the same thing, and not assume you're trying to say things that weren't there, but there is a difference to me, as the person on the receiving end.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neutrina

Pittsburgh
msg tools
I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.
badge
But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.
Avatar
mbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
You're going to refuse to even try to see anything I do as coming from a good perspective, and come up with anything to make it off as if I'm evil, so go for it.

Basically, just do it and end the game. Because I don't see any chance in hell I could convince you to vote with me if I were to NF on an evil.

That's not necessarily true.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Irina_Phoenix wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
Rina, I DON'T want someone to NF on you. I don't think you're evil. I'm worried Vanders IS evil, and trying to get someone else good to NF on you for the win - because he's being all talk and no game.


You don't think I'm evil???

I am 100% floored because so many of your posts feel like shade on me.

Bleh I'm confused

I think deciding between Pocketing Evil!Rorab and Agenga Evil!Vanders is a key here if you are good.

I don't think you/Vanders are a team. I can still see you/samool and you/rorab though.

Let's talk Samool. How do you feel about him vs Vanders? If you are good, one of them is evil - full stop.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:


Mainly frustration talking.

Though also mainly because I just kind of want to NF and be done with it heh.

I think it's Royal/Samool. Frustrated me wants it to be Rina. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Rorab, let's rewind a minute until last night - why did you think it was Royal/Samool?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neutrina

Pittsburgh
msg tools
I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.
badge
But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.
Avatar
mbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
Irina_Phoenix wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
Rina, I DON'T want someone to NF on you. I don't think you're evil. I'm worried Vanders IS evil, and trying to get someone else good to NF on you for the win - because he's being all talk and no game.


You don't think I'm evil???

I am 100% floored because so many of your posts feel like shade on me.

Bleh I'm confused

I think deciding between Pocketing Evil!Rorab and Agenga Evil!Vanders is a key here if you are good.

I don't think you/Vanders are a team. I can still see you/samool and you/rorab though.

Let's talk Samool. How do you feel about him vs Vanders? If you are good, one of them is evil - full stop.

Not true.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Irina_Phoenix wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
Irina_Phoenix wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
Rina, I DON'T want someone to NF on you. I don't think you're evil. I'm worried Vanders IS evil, and trying to get someone else good to NF on you for the win - because he's being all talk and no game.


You don't think I'm evil???

I am 100% floored because so many of your posts feel like shade on me.

Bleh I'm confused

I think deciding between Pocketing Evil!Rorab and Agenga Evil!Vanders is a key here if you are good.

I don't think you/Vanders are a team. I can still see you/samool and you/rorab though.

Let's talk Samool. How do you feel about him vs Vanders? If you are good, one of them is evil - full stop.

Not true.

It is. Maybe not from your POV as you still don't know if I'm good. But I am good. So if you are good, there are 2 evils in Rorab/Vanders/Samool.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm now reminded why playing one game at a time stinks. soblue
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neutrina

Pittsburgh
msg tools
I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.
badge
But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.
Avatar
mbmbmb
IF Samool is evil, who would he be evil with?

You (Royal) and I would make the most sense for at least one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Irina_Phoenix wrote:
IF Samool is evil, who would he be evil with?

You (Royal) and I would make the most sense for at least one.

I began day thinking you and him were most likely pair.

I can see Samool being evil with any of the 3 of you though. Rorab being the least likely of the 3 to be paired with him.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
[vote irina] internet is not a given for me so this might be my last post before dusk
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neutrina

Pittsburgh
msg tools
I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.
badge
But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.
Avatar
mbmbmb
Rorab-

You asked Vanders why he doesn't NF me if he thinks goods should NF and he thinks I'm evil.

But you have to consider the flip side.

So - why does Evil Vanders NOT NF me?

1) He's evil w me

2) He thinks he'll get more votes than me (which I don't think is true)

3) He's just waiting to get more info in case we correctly lynch him so they can decide who to NK?

Eh idk that I can come up w a lot of explanations,

And *I* know it's not 1, and 2 doesn't seem likely, but I suppose it's possible.

Why else am I missing?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
There's one thing that gives me a lot of pause.

Van - why, when you think NFing today is the correct strategy, do you seem like you don't actually want to NF? You said it yourself - you've been so sure Irina is evil all game, you've been trying to get her lynched from the beginning - you said it can help when others don't seem to be considering the evil as a way of almost forcing consolidation.

Yet, you say I should NF her. Yes, I expressed a desire to NF and you may have been advising. I dig that. I just don't understand why you don't seem to want to put your money where your mouth is about what you think is the optimal strategy, especially when you're so confident Irina's evil and that we're all missing it. When Samool talked about NFing you told him he should NF Irina.

I know you said your preferred scenario is for Irina to NF someone, she has said that won't happen under any circumstance.

So what are you waiting for? Because it feels like what you're waiting for is for someone else to do it for you.

I'm not sure I want to NF anymore.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
[vote royal]
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  32 , 33 , 34 , 35 , 36  Next »  [36] |