Andrew Nick
Canada
TORONTO
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Sirs,

I found a counter on the floor of my gaming den after some of my idiot friends were rifling through my collection, and I don't know where it came from. My collection is far and away mostly Avalon Hill and Victory Games, but I am ashamed to say that I haven't actually played most of them, so I am mostly unfamiliar with their contents to any significant detail.

Is this the right place to post this, or could you suggest a better place? (I've also posted this on ConSimWorld.)

Thanking you in advance for your anticipated assistance in this matter, I remain,

Yours Truly,

Andrew Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm stumped.

If you find out from CSW definitely post the answer here as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Roach
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say it looks like its from Panzerkrieg, AH edition. Italian counter mix. Yup may even be from OSG version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Westmore
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Probably a Czech unit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Westmore
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mb
erm or italian, good spot blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kjuice wrote:
I would say it looks like its from Panzerkrieg, AH edition. Italian counter mix. Yup may even be from OSG version.

That was truly impressive. We are not worthy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you people find the time to go image hunting like that?! zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Nick
Canada
TORONTO
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice job, fellows (although the freaks at ConSimWorld did it in a matter of minutes!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vycichl
Switzerland
Geneva
Geneva
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin is correct: the game for this counter is Panzerkrieg of which I own a copy.

The unit is the Italian 2nd infantry division Sforzesca (there is a typo on the name on the counter) part of the 8th Italina Armywhich was overrun by the Russian 1st Guard, 3rd Guard and 6th army in December 1942 as a follow up offensive named "Little Saturn" following the encirclement of the 6th German army Stalingrad. This offensive forced von Manstein to stop the offensive of the 57th Panzerkorps which tried to reach the bealeaguered troop in Stalingrad in order to shift forces to counter this new treat.

See the book of David Glanz "From the Don to the Dniepr Soviet Offensive operations Decmebr 1942-August 1943"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Roach
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recognized it as soon as I saw it. I am a big fan of Panzerkeig and have played it many times over the years. Excellent game for learnig the art of defensive play in wargames. Highly recommended game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.