Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Longdin
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am assuming that players get their 3 talers income on the first turn in addition to the 3 they are given at the start of the game. i.e. they have 6 talers for the first turn. Is this correct?
Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Baumer
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Income on First Turn - Clarification

yes. 3+3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Miller
United States
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Punk Rock Warlord
mbmbmbmbmb
100%Blade (#40588),

We've always given players only 3 talers to start. Having 6 seems like it would allow too much action during the first turn, and we couldn't think of a reason why this would be a good thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Corbelli
Italy
Perugia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yossarians (#40606),
think the 3 additional talers as a "tank", or a "bonus" to be used whenever you think it's worth it in order to make a blast move. If you shoot them all (6) on your very first turn, there would be none left later...
Ciao!
Roberto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
100%Blade (#40588),

Roberto, that's not right, the taxes phase of the turn would strip you back down from 6 to 3 so you must use the extra 3 on the first turn or lose them.

We play with 6 talers on the 1st turn. I'm not sure if that's right, although the giving out of three talers is clearly seperated and stated in the set up phase, which of course you do before turn one, so I think 6 is probably correct.

Anyone understand German, maybe their rules are clearer on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Jones
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The English rules clearly indicate that the first thing that happens on your turn is the receipt of 3 talers. There's no indication of a first-turn exception, so I'd say it's pretty unambiguous: 3 talers are received as part of the set-up; you take your first turn and receive 3 more talers as the first part of that turn; thus you have 6 talers for your first turn - which are, of course subject to taxes at the end of your turn if you don't use 3 of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Corbelli
Italy
Perugia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigermuppetcut (#40732),
I don't understand your point, probably I wasn't too clear.
You get 3 talers at set-up.
Each turn, you get 3 talers.
First turn you have 6 talers.
Now it's up to you: if you want to use ALL 6 now, next turn you will have the usual 3 and that's it.
If you want to use 3, for instance, then you save 3 for next turn, which, added to the ones you get every turn, gives you again 6 talers to spend that turn.
I believe this is up to players: if you have a blast move, use them up. If not, save for future use (with maximum save of 3).
Ciao
Roberto

P.S.: obviously this does not take into account money you could earn from markets. But those are never "stripped" away as they are always earned out of your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right of course, if you keep three back then you will be able to keep them. I just meant no more than 3 can be kept, so you don't have a tank of 4, 5 or 6. But I was unclear, sorry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.