Hawk Strike
msg tools
mb
So this new boxed set entry is a simplified version of Warhammer Underworlds (also seen in Season 1 as Shadespire and Season 2 as Nightvault). It looks like a great introduction to the game for more traditional board gamers.

No official info release yet, but from the box back and pictures it appears the differences from the base Underworlds boxes are:

- No deck building; each warband has 12-card objective and 20-card gambit decks.
- No magic (introduced in Nightvault); neither warband here are spellcasters.
- Fixed single board.
- New mechanic: hazards and hazard phase (perhaps to be introduced in Season 3 of Underworlds?)
- Two new warbands; these reuse existing GW "easy to build" model kits (Stormcast Sequitors and Myrnmourn Banshees) that have not yet been released as Underworlds warband).

From info relayed on Facebook from the Warhammer GT, for experienced Underworlds players it appears:

- The warbands and cards in Dreadfane are compatible with other Underworlds products
- No unique universal cards are released in Dreadfane (perhaps all cards are faction unique?)
- As Dreadfane is a US/German release, there will be other ways to get the content in other parts of the world. I have no personal knowledge but would speculate that the two warbands in Dreadfane will get stand-alone warband box releases for Underworlds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Nguyen
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really curious how this recent announcement will impact Dreadfane
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/10/underworlds-f...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Hayes
United States
Austin
NE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That announcement is about Dreadfane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Everett
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crackula wrote:
That announcement is about Dreadfane.
Are you sure? Dreadfane is out now, and was announced at the time of that article, yet the article makes no mention of it by name. The example art also doesn't like like anything from Dreadfane.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
@TaintedDragonInn
badge
www.TaintedDragonInn.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is Dreadfane.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Everett
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Yes, that is Dreadfane.
The article states
Quote:
It will feature new art
and then shows the cartoony ironskull as a preview. I have Dreadfane and there is nothing like that. All the art is standard AoS style just like all of the rest of Underworlds. Dreadfane also has 12+ on the box, unlike some of the games for younger kids like Space Marine Adventures which say 8+. The rest of the description fits, but like I said before, Dreadfane was announced back in Feb with images. No need to be all secretive about it now. I think it is something else, possibly derived out of Dreadfane's development.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreadfane is available online at Barnes & Noble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls