Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Railroad Dice
At the table:
Game 1: Curt, Chris, Steve, RickE
Game 2: Curt, Chris, MikeMi, RickE

We played Railroad Dice twice. I read the rules before playing (twice), but I still forgot to mention a couple important details. We ended up restarting twice just due to screwing something up (my fault), and the consequences for screwing something up are dramatic enough that you're going to be wasting the next 90 minutes. After the first game, we basically concluded that there are some interesting game mechanics, but we didn't play very well, and needed to play again to really put it together. We played again, but the conclusion after the second game is that while there are some really unique and interesting ideas and mechanics here, as a whole they just don't add up to an interesting strategy game. There's a lot of odd things that seem to be clear in the rules, but just don't make sense to us: Why do you have to be director in a company to build a station? Why do you have to have a starting player marker that rotates, thus "skipping" a player's turn after they are starting player? (which creates HUGE downtime when your turn gets skipped) Why can you only buy shares from the director? And then of course the niggly issues like, why are there no "director" bits to put in front of players? (the company cards with stations on them is unwieldy) So unfortunately I think this is going on the sale pile. I have no memory of who won, and I don't think anyone really cares. I might have won the first one, but came in dead last in the second one. It was either RickE or MikeMi winning the second. Not since Mystery of the Abbey have I been this disappointed in a game that garnered this much positive online feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.