United States
Linden
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Social Justice Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to try printing out some out of print games and just pasting them onto the board of a thrift store find or something inexpensive. Are there any resources online that will tell you the dimensions of the board? I'd like the game to be as close to the original as possible, given the limitations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a real bind. Your best bet is to choose games where the game board comes as a PDF file. In these cases the author of the PDF has usually done all of the sizing issues for you.

If the image comes as an image file you'll have all kinds of problems. Often your printer or Windows will resize things as it trys to print them and this causes all kinds of problems. Hex's too small for counters, being a prime example.

I havn't found a better way of ensuring the sizing than only picking those with the PDF file.

----

Print and Play Podcast

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeffrey, Unfortunately I know next to nothing about scaling boardgames, however, I just want to welcome you to the BGG community where you will get your answers from prople more skilled that I.

It's a great site - enjoy it.

With kindest regards,

Jim O'Neill
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in French and the number of games is limited, but it's the only site I know that informs the dimensions of the boards:
http://jeuxstrategie.free.fr
Indeed, it has pictures (in low-res, unfortunately) and detailed information on all components of the games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I tend to be a perfectionist, as well as being in no hurry whatsoever. So I actually get the Out-Of-Print game from eBay, keep it for as long as I need (though not so long as the reprint or the Second edition comes out!) then when I've got all the information I need, I put it back on sale on eBay. I don't generally lose money, and sometimes even make some.
J-P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.