Anim aitor
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all. It is great that Talisman with all its expansions is getting a reprint, specially with the crazy prices we see on eBay and the like.

Pictures of the boxes are up on Pegasus Spiele (https://pegasusshop.de/?thisoperationid=11&Action-Search.x=&...) and I might be a bit nitpicky with this one but comparing the nice design made by FFG, the reprint is a disaster and ugly as fuck! The front art itself didn't change. What I'm concern about is all the logos (size, color, etc.) Judge by yourself...

It reminds me to how video games in Germany are slapped with a crazy huge label warning the age restriction. All I ask is a little respect for the art and have a minimal sense of design taste. I know this is the way things are done now a days but I have seen other PS games with the pegasus logo being tinny and without any red background on it, just the pegasus. I would be fine with that. As for the info regarding timeplay, age, etc. just keep it in the back of the box, not on every flat surface you find on the box!

It might be too late to ask for a redesign as the production probably already started. I preordered the game with all the expansions and I'll be extremely happy to play them all but it just make me a little sad that I'll have a reflux every time I look at the boxes.

PS: The Lost Realms expansion has the art on their site as well (https://pegasusshop.de/cover/4250231724299.jpg)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, that's pretty obnoxious. All that crap is just ruining the box design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are printing the Lost Realms? Very neat if true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Daker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aarontu wrote:

Pegasus’s The Lost Realms is a new packaging of two FFG mini-expansions, The Nether Realm and The Deep Realms. It’s not related to the popular fan expansion from a few years back that was also called The Lost Realms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will Pegasus publish in the US, as well, or is this EU only? I was just curious, as I thought Pegasus was more of a European distributor.

Is the art changing at all on the cards and board? I don't like having all of that garbage on the box either, but I can live with that, as long as the components match the versions that I already have. I already own 7 of the 14 expansions, and no way that I want to have to re-buy all of those. Here's hoping they all work together and then hope for new expansions to come!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris nelson
United States
greenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My thought, who cares. We're getting a new run of an out of print game. I don't care if it comes in a plain cardboard box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I agree that from an aesthetic perspective, these new info labels are less than pleasing. But if I have to choose between reprints with less-than-pleasing info labels and no reprints at all, I'll take the former.

Edit: In other words, I'm just happy to be able to get all the expansions I'm still missing at reasonable prices, rather than ultra-inflated ebay prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anim aitor
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm with you guys, I rather have an ugly cover box but get a reprint than nothing at all, that's for sure.

Halborn wrote:
Will Pegasus publish in the US, as well, or is this EU only? I was just curious, as I thought Pegasus was more of a European distributor.

Is the art changing at all on the cards and board? I don't like having all of that garbage on the box either, but I can live with that, as long as the components match the versions that I already have. I already own 7 of the 14 expansions, and no way that I want to have to re-buy all of those. Here's hoping they all work together and then hope for new expansions to come!

Pegasus Spiele will publish the game in the US as well. Their catalog shows 2 versions of everything, both with a German and US flag. I believe I read somewhere (talismanisland?) that nothing will be changed in the inside. It would be a pretty stupid move if they do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pegasus is famous for their ugly covers.
Be thankful that they didn't add their crappy frame around the image (I guess they do that only on the German versions)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kröhnert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
Be thankful that they didn't add their crappy frame around the image (I guess they do that only on the German versions)!
Nope, same design for the German boxes. The era of the Pegasus frames is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Daker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michel wrote:
PzVIE wrote:
Nope, same design for the German boxes. The era of the Pegasus frames is over.

Maybe. The FFG Talisman boxes already have (attractive) frames, so they kept those. We’ll only know for sure that the era is over once they release a box cover with no frame at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dakerjohn wrote:
Aarontu wrote:

Pegasus’s The Lost Realms is a new packaging of two FFG mini-expansions, The Nether Realm and The Deep Realms. It’s not related to the popular fan expansion from a few years back that was also called The Lost Realms.
Oh, that is an unfortunate name selection, then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
I rather like Talisman
badge
The Wanderer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aarontu wrote:
dakerjohn wrote:
Aarontu wrote:

Oh, that is an unfortunate name selection, then.

We were first!

Mind you, I've recently released a little pack to rename the fan expansion as "The Realms of Legend".

https://www.talismanisland.com/resources/expansions/revised-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls