Ryan Langewisch
United States
Englewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.ludolodge.com
Microbadge: Computer ProgrammerMicrobadge: Copper ReviewerMicrobadge: Constantly thinking about game designMicrobadge: I play with yellow!Microbadge: Plays Games With Family
Thanks to everyone that has supported the game so far! We currently have unlocked the stretch goal for 2 extra monsters, and are on pace to reach another additional 2 monsters as well! I am so excited that this extra content is going to make it into the game, I had a lot of fun doing the design work for them.

Our team is going through the process of having our talented artist create artwork for the new monsters, and we wanted to get the community involved. Below are the preliminary sketch options for each of the 4 extra monsters, along with polls to rank your favorite styles. In addition, please comment if you have more specific feedback such as liking a combination of the options, or suggesting a specific tweak.

Giant Slime

Poll
What are your thoughts on the Giant Slime sketches?
  Favorite Good Okay Bad
Sketch 1
Sketch 2
Sketch 3
Sketch 4
      110 answers
Poll created by Legendary

Werewolf

Poll
What are your thoughts on the Werewolf sketches?
  Favorite Good Okay Bad
Sketch 1
Sketch 2
Sketch 3
      110 answers

Snake

Poll
What are your thoughts on the Snake sketches?
  Favorite Good Okay Bad
Sketch 1
Sketch 2
Sketch 3
Sketch 4
Sketch 5
      110 answers

Massive Spider

Poll
What are your thoughts on the Massive Spider sketches?
  Favorite Good Okay Bad
Sketch 1
Sketch 2
Sketch 3
Sketch 4
      110 answers

We appreciate your feedback! goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tess Garrett
msg tools
I voted for snake and werewolf 1 and spider 3–I feel like those all commit to the style of monsters already present in the game (bulky chunky cartoony). None of the slimes really felt in that style to me. With the snakes I can see 4 is the most popular, and I agree it’s also the same style as the other monsters, but I think it looks a little bit too much like the dragon. Hence I preferred 1 as it stuck to the style but still felt like its own monster.

Thanks for letting us get our own word in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tess Garrett
msg tools
I would add spider 3 is good but I think could use a little more height in body (like angling the legs to hold the body a little higher) to better match the proportions of the others. Right now it feels pretty horizontal whereas the others are all more vertical feeling or nicely boxed...if that makes sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Well, let's see.

For the slimes, I liked #2, as someone else stated I thought it had the chunky cartoony though slightly menacing appearance of the monsters already in the game. But I'd like to see it a little wider, with the slightly transparent look of slime #4, though instead of a brain inside I'd like to see something or someone it had consumed. I didn't really like the look of #1 or #4 because I didn't really like the foot and leg look their shape suggested.

For the werewolves, I liked #2 the best though I think #1s arms would fit #2 better. #1 was ok but I thought the legs looked a little stumpy for the body. I thought #3 was just too skinny.

For the snakes I really liked #1 and #4. Again agreeing that they share the bulky styles of the other monsters. If I had to choose between the two I would choose #1 for two reasons. First that #4 does look similar to the dragon and #1 has a more feminine tone to it that the other monsters don't have, making it the token girl monster.

For the spiders, I liked #2 the best, with #3 a close second. Though if either of these are used i think i would like to see multiple pairs of eyes in the style that #4 had put on them. As for #1 i did not like the tight squished together look of the legs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls