Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
552 Posts
[1]  Prev «  19 , 20 , 21 , 22 , 23  Next »  [23] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: "Hi, I want to play Werewolf online." #221 - for the new and the improving! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
“Good-bye and hello, as always.”
badge
“I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.” ― Roger Zelazny, The Courts of Chaos
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
stonecutter129 wrote:
If Dejo and Tfang survive to D2 I don't know if we win.

Yeah dejo had to go, we've played in way too many games together and I could tell she was zeroing in on me. It was just bonus and pure luck that she was the seer.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
“Good-bye and hello, as always.”
badge
“I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.” ― Roger Zelazny, The Courts of Chaos
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So Bromide, last lesson -

We can now

[vote nightfall]

to permanently lock in our votes.. this allows the mods to process dusk early

You would rarely want to do this except in a situation like this when the game is basically over, nightfalling in general is looked upon suspiciously (and isn't generally a good move for a good player since you can't change it - but of course there are exceptions).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Geek
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
[vote nightfall]
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Player (6/11) - # - Voted by

stonecutter129 - 3 - stonecutter129*(1), Aumerle*(2), Bromide*(3)

Not Voting: beardandglasses, BeardMcMullen, Irina_Phoenix


Nightfall votes are denoted by an '*' after the player's name.

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Lynch time is at 1:30 PM BGG
Night Action deadline is at 2:30 PM BGG

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

Aumerle - 1 - stonecutter129*(2)
Bromide - 1 - stonecutter129*(3)
stonecutter129 - 1 - stonecutter129*(1)

Not Voting: beardandglasses, BeardMcMullen, Irina_Phoenix
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
“Good-bye and hello, as always.”
badge
“I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.” ― Roger Zelazny, The Courts of Chaos
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bromide wrote:
[vote nightfall]

Nice playing with you, I hope to see you in more games.

Reading people gets easier the more you play with them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Geek
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be completely honest.... I didn't really know what I was doing most of the time. I just kinda followed everyone else lead.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
“Good-bye and hello, as always.”
badge
“I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.” ― Roger Zelazny, The Courts of Chaos
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bromide wrote:
Just to be completely honest.... I didn't really know what I was doing most of the time. I just kinda followed everyone else lead.

You did great! First WW game ever right?

If you liked it at all, I'd encourage you to keep playing, it's a different experience as good, as well.

Another thing I did before I started playing was go to the cassandra site and click on a couple other games, read rules and a little of the gameplay to get an idea of how other people play a little.

But either way it was fun playing with you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stone
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Ant Man Joke
badge
2nd Ant Man Joke
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this is a little bit abnormal of a game in a sense, since I think a lot of people were kind of busy and the most experienced good players died early.

I'd be asking a lot more probing questions if I were good, but I didn't want any part of the game state to change.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Geek
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aumerle wrote:
bromide wrote:
Just to be completely honest.... I didn't really know what I was doing most of the time. I just kinda followed everyone else lead.

You did great! First WW game ever right?

If you liked it at all, I'd encourage you to keep playing, it's a different experience as good, as well.

Another thing I did before I started playing was go to the cassandra site and click on a couple other games, read rules and a little of the gameplay to get an idea of how other people play a little.

But either way it was fun playing with you.

It was fun playing with you as well! That end bit was a blur. Plus I was technically in a meeting, so I had to be like "CAn you guys hold a moment?" so i could send my vote lol
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
“Good-bye and hello, as always.”
badge
“I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.” ― Roger Zelazny, The Courts of Chaos
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bromide wrote:
Aumerle wrote:
bromide wrote:
Just to be completely honest.... I didn't really know what I was doing most of the time. I just kinda followed everyone else lead.

You did great! First WW game ever right?

If you liked it at all, I'd encourage you to keep playing, it's a different experience as good, as well.

Another thing I did before I started playing was go to the cassandra site and click on a couple other games, read rules and a little of the gameplay to get an idea of how other people play a little.

But either way it was fun playing with you.

It was fun playing with you as well! That end bit was a blur. Plus I was technically in a meeting, so I had to be like "CAn you guys hold a moment?" so i could send my vote lol

Hahaha.. I hope you didn't get in trouble, as stone pointed out it was pretty much over regardless.

But yes a lot tends to happen right around the deadlines in these games.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Geek
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So do that last bit again in slow motion... Why did we have to be the first two to get Stone?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
“Good-bye and hello, as always.”
badge
“I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.” ― Roger Zelazny, The Courts of Chaos
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bromide wrote:
So do that last bit again in slow motion... Why did we have to be the first two to get Stone?

There are 6 people alive.

3 of us are evil, 3 are good.

Tied votes go to the longest held last vote, basically the first vote.

So if the 3 of us voted someone first, before the 3 good players could vote someone, then our vote wins the tie, we vote off the good person, we NK another good person - then it's 4 left with 2 wolves, which is a win condition for evil.

The sorcerer doesn't count as a wolf in terms of win conditions, he wins with us but for evil to win all that matters is that the number of wolves left = the number of non wolves, so the sorc dying is actually beneficial in a way at a certain point for evil.

If the good players were able to consolidate on someone before we could then they would win the tie.

It matters less since stone pointed out that even if one of us died, we'd likely win the game anyway, but it's a good rules thing to understand for the future.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neutrina

Pittsburgh
msg tools
I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.
badge
But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.
Avatar
mbmbmb
I wanted to kill Aumerle so bad!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
“Good-bye and hello, as always.”
badge
“I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.” ― Roger Zelazny, The Courts of Chaos
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Irina_Phoenix wrote:
I wanted to kill Aumerle so bad!

heart
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Positivity is fucking rad
badge
So is Pokemon
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
[Killed Stonecutter129] who was the Sorcerer-Cultist

and then

[Killed BeardMcMullen] who was a Villager

and with that, wolves have reached parity

EVIL WINS
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Positivity is fucking rad
badge
So is Pokemon
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for playing y'all - next Hi game is already up =)

"Hi, I want to play Werewolf online." #222 - for the new and the improving!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stone
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Ant Man Joke
badge
2nd Ant Man Joke
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good game guys.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
“Good-bye and hello, as always.”
badge
“I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.” ― Roger Zelazny, The Courts of Chaos
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
stonecutter129 wrote:
Good game guys.

Agreed, sorry about being an evil scumbag, I blame my upbringing!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done evil!

So I contemplated sniping my clear in case I died, but then I looked back at my ISO and decided that TFang didn't make sense as a clear from that, so people would figure it out. Unfortunately I don't think anyone actually ISOd me after I flipped.

As it turns out, the clear I had wasn't much more helpful than them being dead - Stone.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
“Good-bye and hello, as always.”
badge
“I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.” ― Roger Zelazny, The Courts of Chaos
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dejojam1 wrote:
Well done evil!

So I contemplated sniping my clear in case I died, but then I looked back at my ISO and decided that TFang didn't make sense as a clear from that, so people would figure it out. Unfortunately I don't think anyone actually ISOd me after I flipped.

As it turns out, the clear I had wasn't much more helpful than them being dead - Stone.

I actually did ISO you

The "not going to tunnel on him" post?

I wondered but am terrible at picking up hints so wasn't sure. I'm probably not who you would want to pick up on a hint in this game anyway.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aumerle wrote:
dejojam1 wrote:
Well done evil!

So I contemplated sniping my clear in case I died, but then I looked back at my ISO and decided that TFang didn't make sense as a clear from that, so people would figure it out. Unfortunately I don't think anyone actually ISOd me after I flipped.

As it turns out, the clear I had wasn't much more helpful than them being dead - Stone.

I actually did ISO you

The "not going to tunnel on him" post?

I wondered but am terrible at picking up hints so wasn't sure. I'm probably not who you would want to pick up on a hint in this game anyway.

It's not supposed to be a thing you could pick up on at the time, but just a 'if I die, you'll take the person at the top of my 'won't lynch' list, and see that I also mentioned them earlier as someone I wasn't going to tunnel on'.

I didn't put TFang in my 'won't lynch' list.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stone
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Ant Man Joke
badge
2nd Ant Man Joke
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dejojam1 wrote:
Well done evil!

So I contemplated sniping my clear in case I died, but then I looked back at my ISO and decided that TFang didn't make sense as a clear from that, so people would figure it out. Unfortunately I don't think anyone actually ISOd me after I flipped.

As it turns out, the clear I had wasn't much more helpful than them being dead - Stone.

Yeah, I would have. But, it turned out I didn't care.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Great game evil! That N1 Seer NK really sealed it for you!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neutrina

Pittsburgh
msg tools
I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.
badge
But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.
Avatar
mbmbmb
dejojam1 wrote:
Well done evil!

So I contemplated sniping my clear in case I died, but then I looked back at my ISO and decided that TFang didn't make sense as a clear from that, so people would figure it out. Unfortunately I don't think anyone actually ISOd me after I flipped.

As it turns out, the clear I had wasn't much more helpful than them being dead - Stone.

Also My fake clear!

I used my response to your post as an opportunity to plant it



Sorry good.

gG!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good game, stonecutter129, Aumerle, Bromide, you guys did a great job! I never once thought you were all working together. I hope you stick around Bromide, you're funny and fun to play with.

Good team, the village participation was some of the best I've seen in a long time. The village never stayed quiet and I think that says something and it's very important to figuring he game out imo; we didn't, but we had fun trying lol

It was a fun game, can't wait to do it all again.

Thanks mod/mods
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  19 , 20 , 21 , 22 , 23  Next »  [23] |