Subject: Stranger Things: Season One rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
if I'm Andy, is Zack April? seems right...
badge
"When I get bummed out, I take my shirt off because the bad feelings make me feel sweaty."
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
Rhanddom wrote:
I think, with a vig that couldn't miskill and all those tiebreakers and resurrects and stuff, and nowhere for Evil's lone uninformed max to hide, Good was nearly guaranteed a win in this one. But I still had a great time playing. Thanks LJ, and yay Team Evil, and nice job, Team Good, individually and collectively!

I do think it was good sided - especially since a mislynch followed by a Hopper kill tonight would have brought me back.

Your brutal being nerfed to just Eleven is weaker than it seemed too.
i thought I'd die tonight for the LHLV race between evil abs if that was the case
Luckily I think my tiebreak would've fallen down to Cordelia

So many iPhone autocorrect fails....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
badge
"When I get bummed out, I take my shirt off because the bad feelings make me feel sweaty."
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryagic wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
Yay, good job team.

Glad I could help!

(I only correctly read Rhand as evil. Had Dake/code on d1 and then Ryagic/$2M on d2, but I did find good Nets early!)

What‽ Good royal thinks good ryagic is evil? How?
good abs and good nets always thinks the other is evil. As illustrated again here lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Netslummer wrote:
Dake wrote:
you knowing that phrase was supposed to confirm you as a member of the av club, nets. but the other part of that confirmation died, i think.

interestingly enough, it made me know that irina was evil.

good irina would know for sure that came from me and that you were legit av.
i wish I knew the office better! Lol if it had been Parks and Rec tho... hahahahha
I did a quick search for Schitt's Creek quotes but couldn't find anything obvious enough. That show makes for good gifs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neutrina

Pittsburgh
msg tools
I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.
badge
But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.
mbmbmb
SORry i kept screwing up the time.

Hi was at 130 and all week I was thinking 130/330
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
codeia was Hopper/Steve. When Hopper died, he would send Will back from the Upside Down to the thread and would take over the chat with Joyce if she was still alive. Steve could still vote the day after he died, but only three times at least 5 minutes apart.

Was wondering how I became relevant. Can't say that I was a fan of being a dead Town Crier/Village Idiot on D1 with a really really limited messaging function.
I thought it was unique! I liked it, but maybe would like to see less limitations and for a bigger sized game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neutrina

Pittsburgh
msg tools
I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.
badge
But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.
mbmbmb
I had to not kill a AV/HSR N1 and that was never going to happen bc I ack at NKs.

I think it ended up pretty close but stupid villager comraderee

I should have claimed sooner but I really did not have the time to figure it out.

Did you guys really think it was me on D1 evez?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
Netslummer wrote:
Dake wrote:
you knowing that phrase was supposed to confirm you as a member of the av club, nets. but the other part of that confirmation died, i think.

interestingly enough, it made me know that irina was evil.

good irina would know for sure that came from me and that you were legit av.
i wish I knew the office better! Lol if it had been Parks and Rec tho... hahahahha
I did a quick search for Schitt's Creek quotes but couldn't find anything obvious enough. That show makes for good gifs!
hahaha
I've just been making Benes and Mike watch the show so I've been rewatching it for the 500th time so it's been up in my mind a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Just fold in the cheese
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Irina_Phoenix wrote:
I had to not kill a AV/HSR N1 and that was never going to happen bc I ack at NKs.

I should have claimed sooner but I really did not have the time to figure it out.

i didn't think it was you d1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abernathy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
...magic
badge
I have no idea what I'm doing
mbmbmbmbmb
Irina_Phoenix wrote:

I also had you as good on D1. I think if you kill hopper!codeia instead of Mimi you have a pretty good path to victory. The half claim hurt you a lot, though I realize you do that as good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting set.

It feels very puzzle-y. I'm little disappointed we got through it so easily, actually.

Good game, y'all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In watching this from the outside, I would have liked to see it bigger with more players.
I felt it ended before the mechanics could really shine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
In watching this from the outside, I would have liked to see it bigger with more players.

It'd take a lot of interest and energy for me to run a bigger thematic game again. I'm pretty over hearing "fun but impossible for one side to win". It even happened here, where it was must lynch basically immediately yet somehow impossible for evil to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Why's the sky blue? Why's water wet?
badge
Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept?
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:

It'd take a lot of interest and energy for me to run a bigger thematic game again. I'm pretty over hearing "fun but impossible for one side to win". It even happened here, where it was must lynch basically immediately yet somehow impossible for evil to win.

i can imagine it's super annoying. for the most part, i notice a pretty obvious bias when people are evaluating balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:

I think it felt very balanced. Hence the must lynch.

I just didn't notice the mechanics really popping.
Everything was very subtle.

I was expecting more people to be talking about their chats and more communication with the upside down.

I would have love to seen Wil get rescued etc.
That would have rocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evil was definitely able to win this game... ryagic gets lynched and that's it. and i think good had decent reads. which is compounded when the set is small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i definitely agree these particular mechanics would have been richer in a larger game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i forgot to be salty about that D1 lynch.

wtf, assholes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. I think it was crazy swingy but as "balanced" as swingy games can be. I was pretty happy with how things turned out because there were several "best case" things for both sides, but goods' reads ultimately correctly triumphed.

It's just pretty discouraging to hear it every time people run non-vanilla games, regardless of whether I'm modding, spectating, or playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
there's a line between just talking about game theory and bashing a game.

i don't know where the line is. but i know when i feel like it's getting crossed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dake wrote:
evil was definitely able to win this game... ryagic gets lynched and that's it. and i think good had decent reads. which is compounded when the set is small.

Actually, Ryagic might have been the one mislynch that would have sealed the game for good. NK Nets and Codeia gets tiebreaker. NK Codeia, I'm brought back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
Dake wrote:

Actually, Ryagic might have been the one mislynch that would have sealed the game for good. NK Nets and Codeia gets tiebreaker. NK Codeia, I'm brought back.

If Nets was NKed, the game's over due to parity. Irina thought that codeia was tough and intentionally didn't kill her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
Dake wrote:

If Nets was NKed, the game's over due to parity. Irina thought that codeia was tough and intentionally didn't kill her.

Parity wasn't a thing though. Evil had to have everybody in the upside down. Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dake wrote:
there's a line between just talking about game theory and bashing a game.

i don't know where the line is. but i know when i feel like it's getting crossed.

I guess I just don't get what it adds to the conversation unless it's talking about specific mechanisms. Like, I thought that Royal's feedback about being Will was good because that's something that people might consider including in some form in the future, and knowing what he didn't like about it was good.

But "gg good, evil had no shot" is basically never helpful and is the kind of feedback that has repeatedly driven moderators away.

Even a more nuanced discussion about the way that balance plays out in games feels like something that should a) wait a day or two and b) possibly be discussed in the game design thread or with enough warning that people that don't want to see it can unsubscribe. No one is going to run the same hidden role thematic game a second time with very very few exceptions that are usually labeled that way before the game.

Unless balance feedback is handled properly, it usually just makes players on the winning team and/or the moderator feel bad. If something is genuinely imbalanced, I guarantee you that the moderator(s) can at least tell that something was off during the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
So killing Nets gives tiebreaker ability to either Codeia or Irina - whomever gets that ability wins the lynch and the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  22 , 23 , 24 , 25 , 26  Next »  [26] |