BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Stranger Things: Season One rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
Dake wrote:
evil was definitely able to win this game... ryagic gets lynched and that's it. and i think good had decent reads. which is compounded when the set is small.

Actually, Ryagic might have been the one mislynch that would have sealed the game for good. NK Nets and Codeia gets tiebreaker. NK Codeia, I'm brought back.

If Nets was NKed, the game's over due to parity. Irina thought that codeia was tough and intentionally didn't kill her.

Parity wasn't a thing though. Evil had to have everybody in the upside down. Right?

If it had been 1v1 with anyone except Eleven, evil would have won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
Dake wrote:
evil was definitely able to win this game... ryagic gets lynched and that's it. and i think good had decent reads. which is compounded when the set is small.

Actually, Ryagic might have been the one mislynch that would have sealed the game for good. NK Nets and Codeia gets tiebreaker. NK Codeia, I'm brought back.

If Nets was NKed, the game's over due to parity. Irina thought that codeia was tough and intentionally didn't kill her.

Parity wasn't a thing though. Evil had to have everybody in the upside down. Right?

K. I think that would have been upsetting to find out given the stated rules.

I am generally good with hidden mechanics and swingy things and thought this game was designed well. But I would be upset about a pretty clearly stated mechanic not being true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
Dake wrote:

K. I think that would have been upsetting to find out given the stated rules.

I am generally good with hidden mechanics and swingy things and thought this game was designed well. But I would be upset about a pretty clearly stated mechanic not being true.

What?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I might just be tired and pretty over this game, but I don't understand the objection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules post:
ljtrigirl wrote:

VCs:

Evil wins when everyone is in the Upside Down. Good wins when the Demogorgon is sent back to the Upside Down.

Parity wasn't a thing in this game based on this. 1v1 wouldn't have ended the game. Eleven's parity ability would only have mattered if it was 1v1 with Demo vs Eleven and Demo had the tiebreaking ability.

---

Not worth really discussing further since it was ultimately irrelevant to finish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abernathy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
...magic
badge
I have no idea what I'm doing
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the way tiebreakers were handled. Pretty simple really and avoids lhlv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Why's the sky blue? Why's water wet?
badge
Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept?
mbmbmbmbmb
i kinda like lhlv. not that i don't like other tiebreak mechanics. i like when the mechanic ties into a role in the game. that's usually pretty cool.

but lhlv really get the job done, for my money. i like the dynamic it creates in a standard game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
Apologies if my comment came across as a knock on the game design or the game experience. I had a grand time playing.

Immediately after the game, on learning that Team Good had extra mechanical advantages on top of the ones I already knew about — lone max learns nothing from its vote-view but a "hidden identity" that's actively harmful as a cover claim and falsely identifies auxes as thematic members of the High School Rebels? auxes only learned who the max was if they both voted it simultaneously? tiebreaker that cascades from one good to (in all probability) another? killing the "claimable role" resurrects a mod-cleared good with full knowledge of deadchat, *plus* an extra vote from the dead mod-cleared good? — I added what seemed to me to be the mildest of sour grapes to my general appreciation for the game, the mod, and the players. Indirect replies calling me a sore loser (because that's definitely what I read into "a pretty obvious bias when people are evaluating balance"), and caricaturing my post as "gg good, evil had no shot", and telling me that I'm part of a pattern driving moderators away, seem like a bit much.

I'm not saying anything about that game design was *wrong*, or that Team Good didn't earn its win; on the contrary, their reads and teamwork were totally solid, and they didn't need practically any of the advantages they had! But my own sense of the game balance is that Team Evil would have had to thread the needle to be first across the finish line. Perhaps that's a factually erroneous judgment. Perhaps it is biased by my team perspective, a salve to my own pride and to my teammates'. And perhaps it's an opinion I could have saved for the next day. But there's no malice in it, and no rejection, explicit or implied. As complaints go, I think it's fairly weaksauce — though please don't get me wrong; I do regret it, and will try to adjust my postgame commentary accordingly in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there was anything wrong with the setup at all, LJ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  22 , 23 , 24 , 25 , 26  |