Shaun Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
6 weeks to go until GrandCon! Who's going?

I am in for all 3 days again. Looking to meet more local gamers myself.
Are there any games you are looking to play?

If you are interested I have set up a Virtual Flea Market for game trades and sales: GrandCon Virtual Flea Market - August 30 - September 1, 2019
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen Suttorp
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I spend more time as a GM than I do as a player. I am looking forward to playing the new Century game though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If I remember right, you GM'd TE Zombies for my friend and I on Sunday at the end of the day last year. Is it Century Eastern Wonders you get to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping to go! Just have to work out a few details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darwin Walker II
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Have a quick question about parking. I’m staying about 10 to 15 minutes away from the Con and I called the convention center and it will cost money every time I leave the parking garage and come back. Does anyone know if there is a cheaper place to park or a better solution so I’m not paying multiple times a day?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephanie Beal
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does anyone know where to go to look at the list of events for Grandcon? Is it too late to sign up for anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Professor, isn't it time for your nap?
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in for sure! Can't wait to get in a play of On Mars with Edward from Heavy Cardboard!! Gonna be awesome!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
naiya_i wrote:
Does anyone know where to go to look at the list of events for Grandcon? Is it too late to sign up for anything?

https://tabletop.events/conventions/grandcon-gaming-conventi...

Up in the right side of screen there is a "Buy Tickets" button. It will take you to a list of events. Toward the bottom of the first page is a button, "Don't show sold out events" this will hide all the events with no more slots available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
darwalker23 wrote:
Have a quick question about parking. I’m staying about 10 to 15 minutes away from the Con and I called the convention center and it will cost money every time I leave the parking garage and come back. Does anyone know if there is a cheaper place to park or a better solution so I’m not paying multiple times a day?

Easy solution is to not drive away, I understand this may not be practical. On Saturday and Sunday there are many parking meters that are not enforced if you can get one. Friday is a difficult proposition. I'll do a little more research and see if I can help more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darwin Walker II
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Vospire wrote:

Easy solution is to not drive away, I understand this may not be practical. On Saturday and Sunday there are many parking meters that are not enforced if you can get one. Friday is a difficult proposition. I'll do a little more research and see if I can help more.

It would be awesome to find parking on Saturday or Sunday for free. Thank you for looking, I’m going to try and do a little research myself. Friday I’m going to end up paying twice because I can’t check in to the hotel until 4 and I’m getting to the convention at 9 am.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
darwalker23 wrote:
Vospire wrote:

It would be awesome to find parking on Saturday or Sunday for free. Thank you for looking, I’m going to try and do a little research myself. Friday I’m going to end up paying twice because I can’t check in to the hotel until 4 and I’m getting to the convention at 9 am.

After 5 or 6 on Fridays a lot of the meters are free too. There is a park with meter parking about 1/2 mile north of the convention center. I will zip by there sometime in the next week and check the meters and see if they are in the free zone.

I think there is a resource online that will tell you, but I haven't been able to look for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is the site for the map....

https://grandrapids.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index....

So yeah, if you don't mind a 1/2 mile walk the park I mentioned above should be free Saturday and Sunday and after 5 on Friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darwin Walker II
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
It looks like all the parking around the 6th St Bridge Park will be free most the weekend and I have no problem walking. I really appreciate you looking into it for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah A
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My husband and I are both going, but sadly just Friday this year. We typically go everyday, but with it being on holiday weekend this year we couldn't swing the whole time. Too many birthdays and family commitments. Looking forward to taking full advantage of everything on Friday, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah A
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In regards to parking, you can also use the DASH bus system. It's part of the Grand Rapids bus system but is all downtown and completely free. They run on the weekends as well as during the week. You can park at one of the lots for super cheap (or a meter for free after 5 on Friday and all day on Saturday and Sunday) and hop on the bus. Here's the link with all the info:
https://www.grandrapidsmi.gov/Residents/Parking-and-Mobility...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls