Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Ridinger
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Ulisses had a panel for Myth at RatCon(it just finished). As I don't speak German anyone out there manage to catch it that could give us a summary? I'd like the think we'll get a KS update about it but I'm impatient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grim Reaper
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately I did not see the stream? Is it available somewhere? Can you point me to a website?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Ridinger
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grimzim wrote:
Unfortunately I did not see the stream? Is it available somewhere? Can you point me to a website?
They streamed it over on their twitch page: https://www.twitch.tv/ulissesspiele
If you go over to the video section and select the 'Board Games' chapter from recent broadcasts it starts right up at Myth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grim Reaper
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NerdGuy wrote:
grimzim wrote:
They streamed it over on their twitch page: https://www.twitch.tv/ulissesspiele
If you go over to the video section and select the 'Board Games' chapter from recent broadcasts it starts right up at Myth.
I'm getting old, I see the video section but no "Board Games" chapter...

Edit: found it, watching...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grim Reaper
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the beginning they started to explained what Myth is as nobody in the audience did know it...

The acknowledged that the 1st edition went to far (i.e. not easy to play) and talked about Myth 2.0 and that it was no commercial success for MCG... as they had a lot of creative ideas but could not manage to sell it in a structured way...

They then talk about a new edition and rework (whatever that means) that they are currently working on.

They then showed the audience the miniatures and talked about high-quality molds...

They talked about the unique artwork of Myth and that this is a special thing of Myth that they like very much.

Then then talk about why Myth is a good fit for them as Myth does fit to their role playing stuff very well.

They talk about free form play and that this was a issue for many players. They also talk about missing long term motivation and that MCG did modules (like classical RPG adventures).

They talk about that the next edition will have an even stronger focus on this story elements and that there will be decisions within the adventures that will influence the further story. They want to bring the RPG closer to boardgames in regards to Myth...

For all that Myth already know: they tell that the rules will be improved and reworked. They talk about streamlining the rules and removing things that did not work.

They also talk about an Austrian guy that worked a long time on Aventuria and is now working on the Myth team...

They talk about the MCG idea of having rules "patches" for a boardgame and why this does not work and the horror they went through when the 2.0 rules had to be translated into German... getting more than 6 revisions with updates all over the place...

They tell that they will do a Kickstarter (maybe this year, it is not fixed) for a 3rd edition of Myth. Sandbox will still be there but they want to put the story mode in focus and add more rpg elements. They talk there goal is a "board-rpg".

They also tell that the original designers are still on board but extended by a team that complements them in many regards.

They also tell that they want to fulfill everything that MCG promised with some exceptions (due to limitations outside of their influence, no further details). They want to deliver all miniatures etc. but due to cost this has to be done by a combination of new products.

They also tell that there are no more Shores of Kanis and Blackwall Warrens boxes left over... They cannot do refunds but can offer people for the same amount of money gift certificates for any other Ulisses product.

They want to use the Myth IP also in other regards. Something about Savage Worlds get special cards / stuff that integrate Myth into Savage Worlds...

They also want to make a full Myth RPG due to the great world. Ruleset is not fixed yet but they think about using Wrath & Glory (system they used for WH40K RPG).

Kickstarter for Myth 3.0 may be English only, still thinking about German. No French, Spanish etc.

French Journeyman cards can not be printed due to the small amounts of French backers. However, they will provide pdf versions for download or self printing.

There will be an upgrade kit so that existing fans don't have to buy the new box. There will be new enemies types for the 3.0 box, so the new base box will have something new that was not available before...
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grim Reaper
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tl;dr

- JM minis will be produced
- Myth 3.0 will come with the next KS (this or next year)
- More focus on story mode and rpg like elements
- streamlining of rules
- There will be an upgrade pack
- MCG guys are still on board but complemented by a new team
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Ridinger
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grimzim wrote:
tl;dr

- JM minis will be produced
- Myth 3.0 will come with the next KS (this or next year)
- More focus on story mode and rpg like elements
- streamlining of rules
- There will be an upgrade pack
- MCG guys are still on board but complemented by a new team
Thank you sir! Picked up a smattering of details with my very limited knowledge of German and translating comments so I appreciate your summation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grim Reaper
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are welcome, I was interested what they tell as well so just had to write down some notes during their talk...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kelly
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for doing that Grim, very interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for taking the time to watch and translate the information - much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tuttle
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grimzim wrote:
Translated a bunch of stuff
Thanks a lot for doing that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grim Reaper
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks guys, I'm glad I could help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaffa Brown
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a non-KS (nothing outstanding to be delivered) owner, I am interested in the KS mentioned. I wonder...

1) If they will launch it to cover the production of the original KS minis as so many KS do these days (KS #2 covers KS#1) etc
2) If they actually dare KS it again whilst so much is outstanding from the original KS
3) The rick of a Myth v3 KS when there is already so much (unjustified in a lot of cases) V1 press
3) For us owners who have pretty much everything anyway, is the KS will have a v3 upgrade path - new manuals, maybe cards, campaign book/modules but all the assets (boards and minis etc) remain the same.
4) How the KS v3 rules will sit with things like the existing cards/modules/book etc

Interesting times ahead
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grim Reaper
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaffab wrote:
As a non-KS (nothing outstanding to be delivered) owner, I am interested in the KS mentioned. I wonder...

1) If they will launch it to cover the production of the original KS minis as so many KS do these days (KS #2 covers KS#1) etc
2) If they actually dare KS it again whilst so much is outstanding from the original KS
3) The rick of a Myth v3 KS when there is already so much (unjustified in a lot of cases) V1 press
3) For us owners who have pretty much everything anyway, is the KS will have a v3 upgrade path - new manuals, maybe cards, campaign book/modules but all the assets (boards and minis etc) remain the same.
4) How the KS v3 rules will sit with things like the existing cards/modules/book etc

Interesting times ahead
Indeed, this will be interesting. However, I think they are on the right track. It just makes no sense to re-produce the old stuff again with all the issues that are still there. Myth really needs a fresh start, including a good strategy how they bring it to retail.

In regards to your question 3: they said in the panel that there will be an upgrade kit to 3.0, whatever that means. We don't know how far the changes with 3.0 will go and if cards will still be compatible.

I expect that we get a box with the minis at some time and then those who already got the rest are covered. However, those guys that are still missing things (like the base game or Kanis/Blackwall) ... we will have to see how they manage to make these guys happy...

In regards to your question 1: Ulisses does a lot of small KS and they already said they are working on the molds over the course of several month to spread out the costs.Once you have the molds producing extra minis will not be the issue (cost wise), however they may still need to get shipping costs from all backers. In the talk they also said that they have to mix old stuff with completely new content to make this financially viable - in other words: it makes no sense if they only produce the old stuff during the next years as apart from the upgrade kit no old backer will buy anything. To make us buy something they need to produce new stuff (that means new modules and possibly also new miniatures).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Evans
United States
stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks Grim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exciting times ahead!

Including new monster set(s) in a reboot may be a good way to get everyone back up to speed and get new content with one purchase.

I wonder if we will hear anything new at GenCon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firstly thank you for transcribing the German video — I’m sure many here very much appreciate your effort. Shame Ulysses don’t also communicate this stuff to their English-speaking (Myth) fan base. So thank you,

I must say though, this worries me:
grimzim wrote:
They also tell that they want to fulfill everything that MCG promised with some exceptions (due to limitations outside of their influence, no further details). They want to deliver all miniatures etc. but due to cost this has to be done by a combination of new products.
I mean, I really want that Kraken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Ridinger
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
Firstly thank you for transcribing the German video — I’m sure many here very much appreciate your effort. Shame Ulysses don’t also communicate this stuff to their English-speaking (Myth) fan base. So thank you,

I must say though, this worries me:
grimzim wrote:
I mean, I really want that Kraken.
It could refer to being out of Blackwall/Kanis and not having enough for all the backers. I thought maybe the Cyclops since it wasn't unlocked during the official campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grim Reaper
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They did not gave any details what the things they can not do would refer to, but we will find out eventually. Maybe it was related to any old stuff they seem not to reproduce.

However, they said all miniatures will be done so I fully expect that Kraken and other stuff to come.

My personal conclusion: despite most of their audience did not know about Myth they talked very long about the many issues but still made clear that they believe in the game and want to improve and extend it. So I think they have been quite honest and I really hope they can pull this off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillis
Canada
Killam
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Any chance Grim that you have been in contact with these guys based on your amazing character revisions? Your ideas are intuitive and should be considered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though they didn’t really show anything new; they sure did talk about Myth for a very long time. This has to be a great sign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love that they seem very focused on expanding the RPG-type features of the game and the module system. This should satisfy many of the faithful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burke
England
Newcastle (aka Geordie Land)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great so I don’t get what I backed in Blackwall Warrens and Shores of Kanis. This just gets better and better. I really thought they were going to do right by the backers. Really disappointed as they have kept everyone in the dark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grim Reaper
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
F0rmally Kn0wn As wrote:

Any chance Grim that you have been in contact with these guys based on your amazing character revisions? Your ideas are intuitive and should be considered.

No, unfortunately not lately. I had some short email contact last year but not since then. They also talked about the active Myth Community and that they want to make us happy so we will see if there are interested in any of the stuff we did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grim Reaper
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drittz wrote:
Great so I don’t get what I backed in Blackwall Warrens and Shores of Kanis. This just gets better and better. I really thought they were going to do right by the backers. Really disappointed as they have kept everyone in the dark.
I can feel your pain. From the talk it seemed they just found out lately that with the stuff they shipped out there is now no more stock left of Kanis and Blackwall.

I think they really try their best to get stuff to backers but now with their planned rework with a 3rd Edition it surely makes no financial sense to reproduce old stuff that they cannot sell.

I really would contact them to talk about those gift certificates: maybe it is an option to be able to use this for the 3rd Edition stuff should you want to stay with Myth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |